The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Wow, that looks stunning for a first time, nice one. You have my Discord so welcome to ask any questions...

Main advice is a) become very familiar with the Kunos pipeline doc, b) be prepared to get very frustrated with the kseditor and c) don't be afraid to reach out with questions on here or many other forums/servers

Good luck!
I'm already frustrated on a daily basis thanks to Blender, I should be alright :cool:

I'm already frustrated on a daily basis thanks to Blender, I should be alright :cool:
i listed a few things there:

I am a frustrated man from 3dsmax myself, so while i can't help regarding Blender, i can certainly relate. Hence that listing above.

It looks like a significant portion of traffic on the above video originated here :confused: Thank you all (especially other modders whose work I've played and enjoyed in the past) for the likes and views so far. I appreciate the support and I look forward to showing more soon, particularly of my workflow that involves a lot of fun procedural techniques.

In the meantime, here's a small update with some screenshots (in Blender, not in-game) of a tunnel and some nearby buildings that I was working on a while ago.

Edit: I originally posted two images plus a link to a public Patreon post that contained additional info and images, but the link seems to have been removed so I guess it wasn't allowed. Sorry about that. Here are the full contents of that post instead:
Galleria Biassa is a road tunnel approximately 1 km in length that connects the Cinque Terre area to the city of La Spezia and other nearby municipalities. Just outside the tunnel, two buildings once housed an agricultural laboratory and a reception centre. Now, they appear to serve as a Carabinieri Forestali (environmental police) station and a bar/restaurant, respectively. Given the size of the parking lot here and its proximity to the edge of the playable area, I feel that this would make a good starting point when playing the track alone or with friends.

The images below show my recreation of the tunnel and these buildings in Blender, alongside real-life imagery from Google Earth/Maps to compare. While textures, foliage and certain details are still missing here, the geometry should give you a rough idea of the accuracy and detail that I'm aiming for in starting areas and other prominent locations:
1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

See more of the area on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/mVvXRuDFvp6DtAVh7

Last edited:
I'm attempting to learn how to create tracks that are local to me and figured if i'm going to try, i might as well try and get them to be accurate so i'm fully expecting this to be a super long term project but i'm down for it.

Track in question is Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park and i'm currently using LilSki's video series as a step by step guide, though being so new to blender (never used it before) it's definitely taking a long time to get through the steps and fully understand what i'm doing.

Going to be doing a lot of reading on what's needed for each track, the naming conventions for the objects, how to pack everything in a KN5 format and more. Enjoying it so far! A few weekends in and i've got a quad mesh of the basic track layout and I was in the process of finishing up the pit lane but thinking about it now at work I think i'm going to scrap it and restart the pit lane doing things a little differently.
TSMPwireframe.jpg

TSMPsolidview.jpg

I'm working on the Mercedes W202 C-Class DTM 94-96 physics in cooperation with a team that still runs them and althouth I have a place-holder 3D model, Idk where it came from and I'm missing sounds.

I'm therefore looking for team-members, who are also passionate about this car and era, to cowork on this project, with the developement of a proper 3D model and sounds.

On the roadmap I also intend on creating a proper '93 version of the 190E DTM, and the Alfas of 94-96.

501c6e3bb14fdbb0c0da3fa9a5d4fc45.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Procedural road.jpg
Procedural road creation test in blender, based on curves ,,, with automatic widening at curves based on design speed of road. adjustable camber and road markings . super elevation of the road at curves needs to be added...

it takes only the centre of the road as input curve..

need to add other procedural elements like barriers. drainage , signage , powerlines. curbs, uv mappingl variation in road surface etc... there r many more things that i can implement procedurally... this is just an initial test...

Last edited:
View attachment 675772 Procedural road creation test in blender, based on curves ,,, with automatic widening at curves based on design speed of road. adjustable camber and road markings . super elevation of the road at curves needs to be added...

it takes only the centre of the road as input curve..

need to add other procedural elements like barriers. drainage , signage , powerlines. curbs, uv mappingl variation in road surface etc... there r many more things that i can implement procedurally... this is just an initial test...

If you can figure out a way of handling intersections procedurally, that are smooth and update with changes to the curve, adjustable radius of the curbed corners, with a node setup that can properly export the UV mapped geometry, I'll throw my wallet at you.

I have some plans but without LIDAR to shrink to I can't figure out a way of doing good intersections while still being able to edit the curve in Blender. That's where I'm getting hung up still...

If you can figure out a way of handling intersections procedurally, that are smooth and update with changes to the curve, adjustable radius of the curbed corners, with a node setup that can properly export the UV mapped geometry, I'll throw my wallet at you.

I have some plans but without LIDAR to shrink to I can't figure out a way of doing good intersections while still being able to edit the curve in Blender. That's where I'm getting hung up still...
yeah. will need to figure out intersections. i have been thinking bout a few ways i could do that...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%