The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Screenshot_lotus_elise_sc_s1_slea_head_1-5-121-0-46-31@0.5x.jpg

I am working on my Slea Head track again. I realized that I need a lot of texture work after not looking at it for a while. I realized I need to blend the road edges to be more realistic so that started to help me understand alpha blending of textures combined with GrassFX. Also I am also testing CSP's extraFX ambient occlusion.

Adding a bit of displacement (displacement modifier in blender with a generatedl texture) on walls makes them look a lot more realistic. In real life nothing is perfectly straight. Also making some bent places in the fences makes the fence look more interesting to the eye. Takes couple of clicks and couple of minutes to set the values correctly and it instantly feels more real after it.

@John777 I love the look of your trees. Were they created by yourself or are they purchased from somewhere etc?
A combo of mine and LilSki's trees, that way the Glen, Road AM, Mosport and now Road Atl all share a similar look. Most are Speedtree renders and some came an Evermotion texture pack that was free a while ago.

Treeline texture is a 3dsmax render of all scene trees, that way it matches the scene and I can get a clean alpha channel.

A combo of mine and LilSki's trees, that way the Glen, Road AM, Mosport and now Road Atl all share a similar look. Most are Speedtree renders and some came an Evermotion texture pack that was free a while ago.

Treeline texture is a 3dsmax render of all scene trees, that way it matches the scene and I can get a clean alpha channel.

It has some distinctive trees at the top of esses that look to be loblolly pine. The rest is a mix of birch and cedar/pine/fir evergreens.

everything-you-need-to-know-to-master-road-atlanta-feature-car-and-driver-photo-667342-s-origi...jpg

Edit. I see you have them here. Look really good!

Last edited:
I've been trying out my Blender chops as I consider my first Track build, but I have to say I'm not very hopeful. I want to do some extinct U.S. road racing tracks from the mid-1960s, and for my first project I chose Pensacola/Corry Field. There are a number of reasons this should be a relatively easy track, but I quickly realized that without realistic hay bales (which lined almost the entire course), it will never look good. I had no idea how hard it would be to make a decent low-poly hay bale in Blender. The only way to keep them from looking like bricks is to use an outside layer with an alpha channel overlaid with loose strands of straw. Just making alpha channels render properly in Blender is horrifically complicated. Has anyone successfully modeleled a low-poly hay bale?

I can send you a copy of the ones I have made (in 3ds max}. Just a bevelled cuboid with a surface covering of '3D grass'. I keep them as two separate objects and only make the detailed surface when the camera is up close.
That would be great. AFAIK, there is no problem importing 3ds into Blender.

I want to do some extinct U.S. road racing tracks from the mid-1960s, and for my first project I chose Pensacola/Corry Field.

Good luck with those. AC is the 'pre-70s' sim (I've only got vintage tracks and cars installed) for me so would love to see those tracks. And I certainly don't think any track is 'easy' so thanks for putting the work into them :)

Anyway, if you've got FatAlfie helping, they're sure to be some of the nicest hay bales in simming!

1623620497541.png

Aeroscreen Cooling vent duct CSP add-on for VRC Formula NA 2021 (maybe RSS too?) Still in WIP

I know it's something tiny but I think it can increase the detail and the realistic inmersion.

EDIT:
1623620669192.png

I still have to match it to the aeroscreen shape, but It seems that fit with what can be seen in the onboard cameras (I will try to nail it even more)

EDIT 2: I've just released the add-on. I've improved a lot the 3d model since I first post these yesterday. Enjoy guys

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back