The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

so I wound up purchasing a medium detail set of cliff rocks from a 3D site (with a full usage license).
Definitely one of the huge differences between making a car and making a track. Tracks need so many extra assets to make it work. All those rocks, buildings, textures, fences, cars, lamp posts etc.. can be little bit tedious to make one at time. Track looks really nice. Looking forward to try it.

IfJpLI3.jpg

I doubt the historic car actually used the red/blue anodized AN fittings but the modern one does, so, whatever. Makes it a little less monochrome. Mainly working on behind the dashboard.

Definitely one of the huge differences between making a car and making a track. Tracks need so many extra assets to make it work. All those rocks, buildings, textures, fences, cars, lamp posts etc.. can be little bit tedious to make one at time. Track looks really nice. Looking forward to try it.

Thanks! I think I may do a beta release once I remodel the pit building and finish the grandstands—and maybe a new pit lane and fast lane. There's still a lot more to add, but it's quite playable already.

And yes, a lot of small accessory details. A lot of it I've been planning out from the get-go, so I have several textures that are mostly empty, awaiting the rest of the details to be modeled and UVd. Massive amount of work, but the modeling techniques themselves are much easier than modeling a car. That's what I decided to start this project in the first place; I wasn't competent enough with the tools for the complex shapes of a car body, and felt that doing a track would reinforce the basics a lot to help me get better at cars.

IfJpLI3.jpg

I doubt the historic car actually used the red/blue anodized AN fittings but the modern one does, so, whatever. Makes it a little less monochrome. Mainly working on behind the dashboard.
Just a more you know ;)

Quote from my favorite twitter follow Bozi Tatarevic

"AN stands for Army/Navy and these fittings originated sometime around WWII for their uses under a joint agreement. The colors were originally used to help the mechanics easily identify what material the fitting is made of. After WWII, the hot rodding community was taking off and there was a surplus of a lot of wartime parts like these fittings so naturally hot rodders made use of everything that was available. Eventually the surplus dried up and manufacturers popped up to build new fittings. This results in the JIC standard which is roughly equivalent to AN and fittings are mostly interchangeable. The colors stayed but I believe that many current manufacturers just anodize them for cosmetics instead of the original use of identification. "

Current Navy color codes:

Annotation 2020-06-30 034243.png

Wow you have gone back to where it all started, man thats around 4 or 5 years old now. I remember people going ballistic because you asked for like €2.
The one that started it all... but not quite. I'll only release this version that it's based on the real car:
Working in collaboration with the owner to do the physics, has an h22a NA swapped so it's one hell of a ride.

So I have been looking into the graphics and they where of 2019, I wasn't happy with it so I changed it.
The first picture is the old 2019 F1 design and the rest of 2020 given that it will be correct.
Since Austria is on this weekend I should have a better picture on to how it will look like.

I could use some help with the textures I'm not great with them, The mapping will be done be me.
Drop me a message if you would like to help me out please, Thank You in advance.

wip14.jpg

wip15.jpg

wip16.jpg
wip17.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back