The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

@aphidgod which vehicles will this car be able to compete against? (Both official or mod cars, if any) thanks!

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsche/911/1996/1996-porsche-911-turbo/

"In the realm of machines attainable by mere mortals, the pressurized 911 continues its merciless onslaught of ego destruction. Big-brag Ferraris like the 512TR, 456GT, and F355 get their lightweight doors vacuumed off in short order. Stars-and-stripes flag-wavers like Dodge Vipers and Corvette ZR-1s are left to slink home in humiliation. Even the all-awesome, all-wheel-drive Lamborghini Diablo VT can't keep pace with this angry German's face-smearing accelerative force."

Just trying to adapt the driver model so I can make him look a bit more vintage. Got as far as getting it in game and the animation works but...he doesn't look well to me :unsure:

O4BhAcA.jpg

It's all by you Gary?! How soon is soooon?!!? wanna see and try it so badly!
Doing cars for other sims change the way some things are done or not? Just curious, things like lods, or AO maps are still a thing even in newer sims?

It's all by you Gary?! How soon is soooon?!!? wanna see and try it so badly!
Doing cars for other sims change the way some things are done or not? Just curious, things like lods, or AO maps are still a thing even in newer sims?
I think very soon - 6 new cars and 1 new track, maybe if they were to post a pic of one each day... :p

The model and UVs are by me, some textures are too and then Gergo handles the import process, materials and any shared textures (which is a lot as you would imagine).
Overall the process is very similar to AC, the way materials are handled is different which for me just means I have to UV things a bit differently. AO is still baked but its shown engine differently, its (I think) separate from the albedo, so in direct sunlight AO isn't shown. And LODs are similar again, slightly different budgets for each, biggest difference being there is an 'intermediate' LOD between the usual A and B from AC.

I don't know how much you're allowed to talk about this, but am I right that the '6 new cars' thing includes the Evo versions of eg the Porsche? Because I can only think of two cars that weren't present at all in 2018.
At risk of being even more off topic than I already was - it should be pretty easy to find which cars are new for 2019 - quite a few Evo's yes, though the Porsche isn't one of them, its a brand new car even if it seems to have not changed for 50 years :p

*sigh* those cars aren't a secret...
Helpful as always :)

At risk of being even more off topic than I already was - it should be pretty easy to find which cars are new for 2019 - quite a few Evo's yes, though the Porsche isn't one of them, its a brand new car even if it seems to have not changed for 50 years :p
Just wasn't sure, you never know with Kunos, so thank you for confirming. No idea though why I thought of the Porsche as an Evo car. I've been looking forward to that other 50 year old new Porsche especially :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.