The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

More track stuff, this time I've gotten carried away creating a formula E style track that I've had to skip ahead and make proper barriers for it. Finally a good chance to use face weighted normals, which cuts down on verts but gives some nice rounded looking edges, used on the concrete blocks.
I'll probably be doing those ridiculous FE style kerbs next :laugh:

upload_2019-10-20_19-42-28.png

upload_2019-10-20_19-42-0.png

upload_2019-10-20_19-44-50.png

Oooh, nice! I discovered that weighted normal thing only some day ago, trying to understand the way to low down poly but having cool surfaces anyway
@A3DR has used it in the past on some cars, not sure if its still a part of his workflow or not. I've been interested for a while but never really wanted to try it on a more complex project, but something like this is ideal. I also went back and did the same to my normal road pavement edges.

Christ... i was thinking coming up with a small handful of building was gonna be a task. Not quite sure what you'd call that effort :redface::confused:
aha for now, it's only in 3dsmax, just messing around and see what OSM data i could gather and align
will probably never become anything more than messing around... your gif on the other hand of pavement jump is pretty attractive !!

And on the other other hand (yes, the third one)

Hide your wife & daughter, the Singer is out :whistling:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-singer.29318/

20191020213052_1.jpg

I'm not convinced the Jagermeister skin actually existed IRL. There are scale models of it that suggest it raced in DRM in 1975 but I can only see the Pantera listed as racing that series in 73 (of 73-76.)
As far as I know, the Pantera raced in DRM in '72 and '73. The Jägremeister livery is associated with Dieter Bohnhorst, who raced for the Jägermeister Racing Team in the 1970's. 72stagpower.com (the continuation of the Jägermeister racing team) lists four cars for Bohnhorst: Porsche 914/6, Renault Alpine, De Tomaso Pantera and Maco Formula 3. However, there's no entry for Bohnhorst in the DRM in a Pantera; that, in turn, doesn't mean the livery didn't exist. It's likely the car was used at a few Hillclimbs (Bergrennen) in 1974 and/or 1975.

As far as I know, the Pantera raced in DRM in '72 and '73. The Jägremeister livery is associated with Dieter Bohnhorst, who raced for the Jägermeister Racing Team in the 1970's. 72stagpower.com (the continuation of the Jägermeister racing team) lists four cars for Bohnhorst: Porsche 914/6, Renault Alpine, De Tomaso Pantera and Maco Formula 3. However, there's no entry for Bohnhorst in the DRM in a Pantera; that, in turn, doesn't mean the livery didn't exist. It's likely the car was used at a few Hillclimbs (Bergrennen) in 1974 and/or 1975.
Thanks for the info, I got the name right then, saw it mentioned with one of the scale models.

Yeah I used one of those scale models as reference. Don't expect it to be super accurate though, I did the whole pack apart from 1 skin over the weekend so threw them together pretty quick.

I'm working on improving the Kunos Supra interior. I always thought it looked really bad compared to other JDM Kunos cars.

XDOezgq.jpg

So far I've reworked the interior materials slightly so the plastic is actually black like in real life, not light grey. Interior lights are now green like in the real Supra, and only light up the gauge numbers (not the entire faces). The side controls are also lit up properly. I've also made the car turn on the hazard lights while in a pit stop. Not to mention, JDM gauges instead of the TRD ones. I've also planned to change the texture for the A/C temperature dial (replace 65 75 85 with 20 25 30) and make a version of the car without the rear wing.

I've got a question though, how does the vacuum (the - part of the boost gauge) correlate to the car's boost pressure? Is it wrong to scale the boost pressure and the gauge reading linearly? By that I mean making the bottom - part of the gauge read out 0 bar, the middle 0.35 and the top + part read 0.7.

Last edited:
I'm working on improving the Kunos Supra interior. I always thought it looked really bad compared to other JDM Kunos cars.

XDOezgq.jpg

So far I've reworked the interior materials slightly so the plastic is actually black like in real life, not light grey. Interior lights are now green like in the real Supra, and only light up the gauge numbers (not the entire faces). The side controls are also lit up properly. I've also made the car turn on the hazard lights while in a pit stop. Not to mention, JDM gauges instead of the TRD ones. I've also planned to change the texture for the A/C temperature dial (replace 65 75 85 with 20 25 30) and make a version of the car without the rear wing.

I've got a question though, how does the vacuum (the - part of the boost gauge) correlate to the car's boost pressure? Is it wrong to scale the boost pressure and the gauge reading linearly? By that I mean making the bottom - part of the gauge read out 0 bar, the middle 0.35 and the top + part read 0.7.
Very cool.

Boost gauge is 100% visual. You just decide the steps and where needle starts. Not based on physics at all except where 0 and peak boost is. It then scales linearly: so if you put in "vacuum" like I do, only peak boost will read right.

Very cool.

Boost gauge is 100% visual. You just decide the steps and where needle starts. Not based on physics at all except where 0 and peak boost is. It then scales linearly: so if you put in "vacuum" like I do, only peak boost will read right.

Thanks! I've set the boost gauge like you described since AC doesn't want to use LUTs for turbo gauges.

Here's a pic of the car in game with the lights on.

WBiY9Et.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back