The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

J6Sbw2o.jpg

Tedious stuff like the backside of the door slows me down but it's kinda important that the mesh doesn't have holes in it. Which it now doesn't (except intended air vents)

@guidofoc

Hm, yes. Well, because the model is part of a DLC, and unlike the KTM mod that is basically the same kind of physics replacement as mine: that 3D is not bundled with the game. So I didn't want to include pictures of stuff that is part of the DLC, if not just to not mislead people who don't own the DLC and think they're getting an entire new car, visuals included.

d2VIeco.jpg

Slightly puzzled by the scoop out of the passenger side crash structure... does Group C require a special Le Mans Spherical Passenger be able to sit there or something? It's rounder and narrower than the driver side one which fits just the elbow and forearm.
(should note that the driver position is not accurate, it's just out of the ts010 or something)

Maybe it was an ergonomic consideration for the crew when they're diving in the door to fix something in the cockpit? Little more pleasant to rest in a divot that along an edge?

No. No probably not.

Overhauled the underlying* logic for the GT-R AWD completely. :confused:

EDITED OUT: Nah, the accuracy is overall lower. Many complicated issues contributed that ALL make sense suddenly. But this does prove that *completely* wrong implementation in one part + *completely* wrong implementation in another part can = accurate telemetry results. :D

Last edited:
Aaanndddd the overhaul was misguided. The issue has little to do with the AWD system. It's not even my fault per-se. Literally placebo + multiple complicated issues making it so that a wrong implementation produces better results, in this case. However it was better before, when it was on the 33...

:roflmao:

I am so happy I can revert back to my logical and easy system.

dkU1SZM.jpg

I find something really unsettling about the way the diffuser means there's a huge sightline where you can look from behind the car and see out the sides (although in the NP35's case the lower control arm runs through the diffuser which is basically just under the driveshaft so that'll block the view a bit)

In terms of progress, underside 70% done

dRzRqKK.jpg

The void is more visible from this angle which you kinda never get to see cars from.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 58 56.3%