The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

What references are you taking to set your vanishing Points?
https://fspy.io/ There is a tutorial, but so far objects like cars there isnt anything specific

Im still learning, but so far I usually pick rims for y axis (or whatever axis is parallel to car) with cars that have same size for front and rear wheels, or wheel arches. For x axis, i pick symmetrical features, like top of headlights. Basically, its all about picking points that are at the same 2 coordinates. For example
cl553d.PNG

But when fspy file is imported into blender, usually model and picture dont match, but it does its job decently considering its very new program.
cl55badmatch.PNG

Camera usually needs to be moved, especially from/to model, also another fine tuning to camera needs to be done. But it can be seen that fspy provides decent base to photo match at least. Also it is important to find good pictures, obviously.

https://fspy.io/ There is a tutorial, but so far objects like cars there isnt anything specific

Im still learning, but so far I usually pick rims for y axis (or whatever axis is parallel to car) with cars that have same size for front and rear wheels, or wheel arches. For x axis, i pick symmetrical features, like top of headlights. Basically, its all about picking points that are at the same 2 coordinates. For example
View attachment 289710
But when fspy file is imported into blender, usually model and picture dont match, but it does its job decently considering its very new program.
View attachment 289711
Camera usually needs to be moved, especially from/to model, also another fine tuning to camera needs to be done. But it can be seen that fspy provides decent base to photo match at least. Also it is important to find good pictures, obviously.
Thanks, I will try.

Working on some tracks, will release them here if RD can increase the 500MB upload limit!

One is a 'touge' (narrow mountain pass) sprint over the Port Hills in Christchurch, New Zealand, and Ruapuna, the local circuit in Christchurch. Both are based on LiDAR, the ALOS DSM and ortho-photography.

Summit Road / Port Hills Touge:
unknown.png

preview

unknown.png

20180806155231_1.jpg

Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_drift_summit_road_19-12-118-19-29-7.jpg

Ruapuna:
unknown.png

unknown.png
Any well optimized track shouldn't be more than 500mb IMO

Working on some tracks, will release them here if RD can increase the 500MB upload limit!

One is a 'touge' (narrow mountain pass) sprint over the Port Hills in Christchurch, New Zealand, and Ruapuna, the local circuit in Christchurch. Both are based on LiDAR, the ALOS DSM and ortho-photography.

Summit Road / Port Hills Touge:
unknown.png

preview

unknown.png

20180806155231_1.jpg

Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_drift_summit_road_19-12-118-19-29-7.jpg

Ruapuna:
unknown.png

unknown.png

I will be following these very closely, seeing as I live close to the track. Well done for taking this on.

Any well optimized track shouldn't be more than 500mb IMO
Testing currently with 130 FPS. Optimisation is good so-far, discovered the AC draw distance is about 90-100km and I've done a lot of work to optimise the LiDAR and ALOS DSM by dissolving geometry and redundant vertices on it.. :roflmao:

I'm pushing limits with this. How many tracks are 1400km square scenes with ortho-photography down to 0.075m / pixel? ;)

@barf Do you have VR? I can run some tests on Ruapuna for optimisation if you like? Helped out with some other tracks so would be happy to help. Just quietly I am really looking forward to this track

Last edited:
game.jpg

real.jpg
Screenshot_drm_120_2_nevada_7-2-119-16-14-51.jpg
Screenshot_drm_120_2_nevada_7-2-119-16-15-10.jpg
Screenshot_drm_120_2_nevada_7-2-119-16-16-5.jpg
Screenshot_drm_120_2_nevada_7-2-119-16-16-53.jpg

I'm making a "quick" fantasy track, located in California desert, near the border with Nevada.
This is the location:
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.892...=203&h=100&yaw=153.51605&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

It's called Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit (as the road that goes by) and I intended it for hypercars. Track is wide af, fast, and overall minimalistic, because there is not much infrastructure - track is supposedly abandoned in 1970s right after the beginning of construction. So there is only tarmac, pitlane, rusty barriers and some other basic elements as paddock.

26 pitboxes, DRS zones, two sets of cameras, that's it. I will soon release 0.8 version, and 1.0 will come when I add some more abandoned buildings.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events