The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh tell me about it, after staying 2 years without modeling anything car related I forgot how nightmarish it is to make a model look right.
Recently I decided to make a model of a Plymouth Prowler, to make it I tried using several different techniques, I restarted it twice to get it right. Quite a pain to make. :mad:

Here is a current pic of it.
0Cqv9.jpg

There is a lot to do yet, I hope I can actually model a decent interior, it's something I'm not used to model at all. :coffee:

Oh yes, I had to restart it before because the first mesh was all bumpy, so what I did next was use turbosmooth always turned on with only 1 iteration and model like usual, except the "real" mesh would be a lot simpler to make and easier to control the bumpness, then after I was done with most of the shape I made the turbosmoothed mesh into the real mesh and then started making lots of optimizations and detailing, it was much easier too. Living and learning :)

This car is so rounded that in the end will eat all the polygons i have in my RAM.
It will be impossible to keep it to low because its like a ball !!!...
You're right but I think you've modelled the most rounded parts already - the front wings. Even the wheels are rounded and soft looking though!

Great work Dinca Andrei, this last screenshot make me trust in the final result as an accurate model. I owned a mini and it was a very funny car to drive, I hope there will be some stock version of this car. Good luck! :)
The versions that will be included (all stock) are:

Mini Cooper 1.3i Sports Pack:
3060396.jpg

Mini Cooper 1.3i:
2429098.jpg

Mini 1.3i:
3246104.jpg

Mini 1.3i Sports Pack:
2268434.jpg

It's so ambitious to offer so many versions as it's looks like very high poly model and I know that at this area, even few change may give a lot of work.

I hope the best for your project ;)

I really like this one :

Mini 1.3i Sports Pack:
2268434.jpg

It's so ambitious to offer so many versions as it's looks like very high poly model and I know that at this area, even few change may give a lot of work.

I really like this one :

Mini 1.3i Sports Pack:
Andrei can answer this better, but there really aren't that many differences between the four models to be honest, modelling and physics wise. The physics will stay virtually identical on all versions (as per the real thing), the only main difference being the Sports Pack versions will have slightly less steering lock and increased drag compared to the standard versions.

The non-Cooper Sports Pack is the rarest version of the four we are producing. When the last versions of the Mini were launched in October 1996, Rover decided to give the standard Mini the same price tag as the Cooper version (mechanically, they were identical by this point). This meant that most people chose the Cooper over the normal Mini, and even less chose to add the Sports Pack option on the normal Mini. Mine is a Cooper Sports Pack, you don't see many Mini Sports Packs around really.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Great work Dinca Andrei, this last screenshot make me trust in the final result as an accurate model. I owned a mini and it was a very funny car to drive, I hope there will be some stock version of this car. Good luck! :)
Hey,thanks alot,that last screen makes me think the same :p Yes,there will be a few versions but the base model is identical.Only ornaments,rally lights and maybe a few minor changes will differ one from another,visualy.

I really like this one :

Mini 1.3i Sports Pack:
2268434.jpg

Yep,i like this one too,but i think its because the paint.As someone said,i will try to keep it between 50k and 60k.
Right now its high poly but i will optimize it for sure.I might work slowly,but i hope to get it done.
Next screene will be taken when it will have all the ornaments attached. ;)

Reactions: CCX
I like these ones :D any chance of some carb versions? Nothing quite like the sound of a sucking K&N Air filter.
They are the Mini Miglia race cars, the top level in the Mini Se7en Racing Club. I too would love to have these in the sim, but I think the priority at the moment is working on the road versions and getting them as good as they can possibly be. When the first version of the mod is released, then we could start to think about other variants and other projects.

The sounds..now thats a challenge for someone.I`ve had some fun with sounds to...made some demo`s but this is no play around....

http://soundcloud.com/dinca_andrei/andy-sense-of-speed
Sounds are an important feature for me as well, but I don't have any experience with making sounds. If anyone would be interested in making sounds please let me know - like I said before, there's loads of reference videos on YouTube to help, plus my own feedback of owning the car.

Modders Fellowship for Advanced & Creative Addons (Modders FACA) is a new team I created for those who aiming to work on accurate vehicles and environnements. I personally want to explore new ways to feel the car deeper than in any simulator I could try before. So it should be rather different contents from what Kuno & others racing sims are doing.

We're looking for an experience close to Test Drive Unlimited where we come from : driving free with full stock car, able to choose where we are going, using all features from the car as you can see in Euro Truck Simulator2, and more to come...

But we need very good physics, advanced developpement tools, good 3D rendering engine and a proper online, as only Assetto Corsa is going to offer.

My main project is a Citroen 2CV. The 3D progress is close to 50% but I need more document pictures.

So I stopped the citroen to start another project. Here rims called "Style33" from BMW E39 but I am not modelling this car.

When I said "accurate", in the case of 3D, it meant something like that :

Depending on how Assetto Corsa and its tools will work, I could try this as an extra experience about AC's physics.
So, you'll be able to produce your own biofuel for your car or do "shaded" grass cutter grand prix.

I can't speak myself yet about others team member's project, I hope they'll do themselves if they do not leave the team once they know about team's name...

Thanks for attention :)

AC is the start of the new generation of racing sims that we've been crying out for as modders for years. I like your idea, I think the small details are really important - I want to simulate the experience of driving the car as well as the physics, and I want each car to tell a story and have their own character, as they all do in real life. That's why we all love cars, and there's never been a better way to express this than in AC. I'm really excited to see what everyone can come up with for AC, as well as working on my own projects in the future.

Your 2CV looks great so far, I love the idea of having this in the sim as well. At one end of the scale we have the 98T that Kunos have made, and at the other we have the 2CV! Fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back