The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the 2CV, have you thought about joining an owners forum or something? I'm sure they'd help you out with some photos, it would be a shame if you couldn't finish it.

Yes I am already on french forums + I owned some 2CV and I think to contact my old club's mate wich have an AZAM version. Get perfect picture from others is hard thing :D But I got really awesome document where all differemce are written with accuracy. Each month, Citroen changed lot of stuffs and I am talking about AZAM version only (1963-1967). there is 52 versions of 2CV (1948-1990) and AZAM is one of them.

Working on BMW give me some motivation about 3D to work again on 2CV. I ll come back on 2CV if BMW make me tired and "vice versa"

Just as you asked about some feedback, I want to ask you about preassure valv, I dunno how to spell it, but the stuff by where the air come inside the tire.

Not a complain or troll exercise, just a feedback wich mean I am interested by this model, I want to know more :)

Anyway, great work!!

Thanks for that observation..i just...forgot about it..lol :roflmao: ....no problem,easy fix :coffee:

Le. See,this is what we need,good spot mate.
I noticed that too, wondered whether you just hadn't finished modelling the wheel yet or had forgotten it! Thanks for pointing it out.

Poly levels can be high, but it all has to still fit on gpu memory!

10 x same 250k poly cars is 2.5 million ploys which is ok, and its 250k polys in memory.

10 unique 250k poly cars is 2.5 million polys to transform to scene at frame render BUT its probably a good chunk of your GPU memory too!

This is why we have LOD. And also why 'photo mode' usually use big meshes because fps and thus gu memory usage/speed is irrelevant to a fair extent.

Really all the meshes in this thread are no good for realtime use. Used to bake normals from or to do retopo work with though and they are great :D

More investment in textures and shading, sounds and sensations, will give the character cars need to feel more compelling than many driving games manage.
Poly count is kinda irrelevant, especially if it takes gpu memory from richer sounds, textures and so on...

Nice work though, great base material to make your realtime meshes from :)

There are so many factors other than polycount,that its pretty impossible to judge without a hands on experience and testing.

While this could be somewhat irrelevant,it is a very interesting read
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...100-million-polygons-on-the-battlefield/News/

Of course I agree with you on the lods,but then I believe its better for a model to be created according to artist's intention,
It's always easier to optimize than recreate in higher resolution.

EDIT : by reading Dave's post, it seems that I wasn't really clear about what "addon car" I am aiming to do.

I am sorry for made it confused :(

Making high poly models, stock vehicules and some strange ideas does not mean I want bath's physics with Dyson's sounds :D

I want to put the same quality & immersion on the sounds and physics as I am trying to do for 3D model.

I'll start optimization once the game will be released, trying to keep the better quality, depending on how Assetto manage the machine and I need the game in my hand for decide how I will proceed. So, I think Kunos should give me Assetto Corsa with its tools (at least, I had tryed:p)
There is also an option to give 2 or 3 different installer with different quality. A very easy way to give a proper version for every PC and depending on how you'll use the car. Some people like to enjoy race league with 30 cars on tracks + livery textures, some other need rather lower ressource enjoying duel with simple color stock paint. One does never affect the other.

But optimization will be especially for oponents. The models that I am showing are the same models that the players will have ingame.

Oh hey 2CV, nice details as usual, but I'm quite confused by the way you are modeling, it just seems random, are you actually following some kind of order for the parts you are making? :O_o:

When I model I always follow the same process, I make the general body shape, then add details, then wheels, then interior. :)

My little group, Pure, decided we wanted to try our hand at organizing a simple mod for AC. Ideally, a Spec Miata mod since that's kind of what brought us all together as a group from GT5, iRacing and such.

We have lots of talented individuals across different technical disciplines such as coding and networking but only one semi-capable modeler. So we were looking around for any artists interested in taking up this project with us.

Yes, it's still early but I think that if we start now then we may able to get a nice early beta release of the car into the title not too long after its launch and/or tools release.

We're in touch with a few actual owners of Spec Miatas so we have some good references if needed, hopefully sound can be one of them if that's possible. Our goal is to have a fun representation, not an exhaustive simulation. We feel the it would easily become one of those awesome cars to simply jump in, race, and have lots of fun with and hope that giving this to the community, for free of course, would be an awesome kick start to the modding scene and entice a few into the deep dark waters of modding in a friendly and welcoming package.

I'd also love to run a league around it as well if all ends up well.

If this strikes a fancy or you'd know of anyone that'd be interested please let me know. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%