The W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As low as possible without damaging the quality.I dont have a target,but i am absolutely sure with today technology will not be a problem if its not to low in the end.
May I ask why not make it as detailed as possible without going overboard, like at least over 50k or higher as to match the quality of Kunos' models (Don't know the actual figures, but they seem pretty good and compare to pCARS's which have 200k for the ultra detail and 50k for the normal high detail models)

Thanks again Andrei for posting the latest WIP shot. I really hope I can make physics that do this model justice - it looks fantastic so far. :)

Another update from me: I've been working on a sort of 'release info' PDF over the past few weeks that will be included in the download of the mod. I'm hoping this might attract some new people to Minis who don't know a lot about them, so I've included some background information, specs and a infogram style section, as well as some scans of original brochures that I own and a feature from a 1997 edition of performance car magazine, with a road test of the then-new Cooper Sportspack. As I said, I hope people will find this interesting and be inspired to find out more about the Mini (as well as driving the virtual version in AC...). If you don't want to read it, you don't have to, just thought I'd include it.

May I ask why not make it as detailed as possible without going overboard, like at least over 50k or higher as to match the quality of Kunos' models (Don't know the actual figures, but they seem pretty good and compare to pCARS's which have 200k for the ultra detail and 50k for the normal high detail models)

pCars has 200!!!?? thats insane..i didnt knew that because i wasnt interested but that sounds to mutch....No wonder you need a high-end PC to run smooth that game.It looks awesome,and maybe that look is to mutch for 2012-2013.

Well the normal high detail optimized are 50k, but because people wanted you can toggle on the non-optimized LODX which would have been used for photo-mode and UI purposes are around 200k a pop.

What program are you using to do it?

I've got a bit of experience from InDesign if you want any help doing it.

I'm only using Word 2010 lol. Thanks for the offer though, but I'm quite pleased with how it looks so far - minimalistic is the best way to describe it I think.
Here's some images:

Untitled_zpsf45058d3.jpg

Untitled3_zps6f05f8bf.jpg

Untitled2_zpsd66c8283.jpg

It's far from finished yet anyway, in fact it has improved since these photos.

As low as possible without damaging the quality.I dont have a target,but i am absolutely sure with today technology will not be a problem if its not to low in the end.
I remember Aris saying something about AC cars having around 60k~70k triangles, can't remember the exact number...:thumbsdown:

Edit: Also, having 50k or 100k in just the player car won't really affect the performance of the game if there are LODs for the opponent cars, without any LOD, the final polycount during a race with other cars will get very high.

I remember Aris saying something about AC cars having around 60k~70k triangles, can't remember the exact number...:thumbsdown:

Edit: Also, having 50k or 100k in just the player car won't really affect the performance of the game if there are LODs for the opponent cars, without any LOD, the final polycount during a race with other cars will get very high.

Agree.Will wait the game release to se how all things works,till than,i will make that 3D model and if its to high or to low,no problem,it can be adjustable. :)

I'm only using Word 2010 lol. Thanks for the offer though, but I'm quite pleased with how it looks so far - minimalistic is the best way to describe it I think.
Here's some images:

Untitled_zpsf45058d3.jpg

Untitled3_zps6f05f8bf.jpg

Untitled2_zpsd66c8283.jpg

It's far from finished yet anyway, in fact it has improved since these photos.
I have to ask where you got that top speed number from? My 1986 mini 998cc maxed out at 100mph. it would max out at 25 in 1st 50 in 2nd 75 in 3rd and 100 in 4th.

I have to ask where you got that top speed number from? My 1986 mini 998cc maxed out at 100mph. it would max out at 25 in 1st 50 in 2nd 75 in 3rd and 100 in 4th.
That's the official manufacturer figure. The additional drag of the wider wheelarches and bigger 13" wheels apparently reduced the speed by 10 mph over the normal Cooper. I will see how it works in game and maybe I will change it to 94, because I agree that the manufacturer figure seems a bit off - my Cooper doesn't feel like it would just stop at 84. Also, it seems that the power figure of 63bhp was quite conservative too - when on the rolling road many standard Coopers manage around 70 bhp (correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect they claimed only 63 to fit into the K car class in Japan. I'm not sure what the other requirements for a K car are, but on Gran Turismo all K cars seem to be 63 bhp.)

The 998 Minis' speedometers were famously ambitious though, I have to say, so it's incredibly unlikely it would actually hit 100mph (unless you're going down a steep hill :)).

(correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect they claimed only 63 to fit into the K car class in Japan. I'm not sure what the other requirements for a K car are, but on Gran Turismo all K cars seem to be 63 bhp.)

I suspect you are right here.

Is there any chance you could implement a race version for GSC that can match the new minis? Slower on the straights but better handling. To have some mixed old and new races would be awesome.

Is there any chance you could implement a race version for GSC that can match the new minis? Slower on the straights but better handling. To have some mixed old and new races would be awesome.

I'm not sure about that - unfortunately I don't have GSC at the moment, but it definitely sounds fun! I would definitely consider making versions for other games though, if Andrei is happy to do it. I think AC offers the most potential though as far as modding is concerned, so I will be focussing all of my future efforts primarily on AC. I think that if people enjoy this mod, and both me and Andrei are satisfied that the car is as good as it can be, maybe we will move onto another road car (that's if this one goes well and he wants to work with me again). I would love to make some hot hatches (like the 1.9 205 GTi) and maybe some supercars in the future. I haven't spoken to Andrei about this yet - the first car isn't even out yet! Let's see how the Mini turns out first.

I'd thought I'd start a little thread which we can hopefully keep going over the months before/after AC's release; keeping track of promising mods that are possibly coming to Assetto Corsa.

I'd start with RMT's WSGT2, but that's pretty well known, so I thought I'd kick of with this one:

http://shadowworks.eu/blog/

I understand their current platform of choice is GTR2, but I know the author and the rest of the crew are potentially very keen on the possibilities AC offers. If all the cars are brought up to the standard of the Supra, it could be absolutely awesome!

Maybe folks want to drop in and give some encouragement to the modeller? There're comments sections below each of his blog posts.

Any more for any more? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies