Cars The Need For Speed

The AC export guidelines say to move doors a metre out when baking interior stuff to let more light in, goes like this (I use keyframe -1 and the rear doors go extra far so the bits between the doors end up right)
rTR04iI.jpg

The AC export guidelines say to move doors a metre out when baking interior stuff to let more light in, goes like this (I use keyframe -1 and the rear doors go extra far so the bits between the doors end up right)
rTR04iI.jpg
I will compare which looks more natural, doors on or off. In game, most of the time, the doors are closed anyway.

I will compare which looks more natural, doors on or off. In game, most of the time, the doors are closed anyway.

Official cars have AO calculated with the doors moved away like that, and also they tune up the levels to make it more brighter and avoid dark spots.

Official cars have AO calculated with the doors moved away like that, and also they tune up the levels to make it more brighter and avoid dark spots.
I've always wondered why so many car mods have very dark interiors and this probably explains it. Some of them seem lined in black velvet with all ambient light getting absorbed.

Funny to see you call a 993 "old school". For me it's still "that new design".... :laugh:
Anyway enough whining about not having Porsches. I mean we can't complain having a Panamera...
And a Macan.... (such an iconic car, that one...):O_o:

Funny to see you call a 993 "old school". For me it's still "that new design".... :laugh:
Anyway enough whining about not having Porsches. I mean we can't complain having a Panamera...
And a Macan.... (such an iconic car, that one...):O_o:

Yeah, it's quite obvious a lot of these had to be there for marketing purposes due to licensing requirement, but I couldn't believe 993 and 959 wasn't there and there's much more to mention. .

I held all 171 WRs (9 cars x (9 track segments + 3 track sums + 7 circuits)) in The Need for Speed / The Need for Speed: Special Edition back in March 1999. So, this brings memories... I still probably hold most of the WRs, in fact... :)

I held all 171 WRs (9 cars x (9 track segments + 3 track sums + 7 circuits)) in The Need for Speed / The Need for Speed: Special Edition back in March 1999. So, this brings memories... I still probably hold most of the WRs, in fact... :)

Wow! That's incredible. You must be as thrilled as I am that the cars are been reintroduced in Assetto Corsa.

Did you use keyboard or did you use wheel and pedals to have so much success?
Did you have a favourite car from the group?
Do you still play it now?
Is there a website that displays the records?

Last edited:
I've always liked driving games way more than any other kind. When NFS came it was the most amazing car game I'd ever seen, so I became obsessed with having a steering wheel. The one available that I knew of was a Thrustmaster that I couldn't afford.

After a while I found the squematics for the PC game port (this was before the internet was available). Bought me some potentiometers, buttons, ball bearings and stuff and built me a steering wheel inspired on the Corvette steering wheel.

Driving in NFS with it was very difficult. It seems the game didn't accept analog controls. So that was a huge disapointment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back