Cars The Need For Speed

GO GET IT!

Showroom_corvette_c4_zr1_19-9-2018-15-9-55.jpg

SneakyImpressiveIbizanhound-small.gif

Wow! That was quick. Thank you so much guys. Downloading now.

Edit:

Just took it for a spin. What a car! That interior.... Totally love it. @Some1, @A3DR , thank you so much for making this. Please send my regards and gratitude to Jason as well. :)

Last edited:
:) Beautiful job. Its nice to have a decent V8 engine note too.

View attachment 274841
As soon as i quit the game, i looked up youtube videos to see if my memory was playing games on my mind but nope. The cockpit really is an incredibly accurate recreation of nfs. I know, "it's the same car, of course it will be the same" but i mean the fov. The cockpit view of AC version is essentialy a copy over from nfs cockpit view. It just took me back to my childhood instantly. The physics are of course godlike too. The sound comes as so unique to me. I don't think we've ever had a v8 sound with this characteristics, right?

I've been a member for a while but never posted before. But because of how I finally get to drive the ZR-1 which has been my dream car since 1993, I had to share my experience :).

First off the modeling is just perfect. It's not even near flawless, it's just flawless! and I was just talking about the exterior. But the interior is my favourite part of this car! @Some1 did you actually have the car in person to reference it?! The attention to detail are more than some majority of the Kunos cars.

Physics is what I come to expect with ZR-1 being in Assetto Corsa, one of those cars which punishes you for going to far but rewards you for getting it just right. I've driven the ZR-1 first on Gran turismo which did not go to far with the physics but the car in Forza got the feel of it right.

What also sets the car apart which I did not even notice with other Kunos cars, is the Digital speedometer SLOW refresh rate!. That is such a cool detail to add and feels so authentic.

My only question is the alignment settings which seems to be asymmetrical and I can't seem to add negative camber to the rear. is that normal for the ZR-1?

Other than that. Brilliant car and mod. I will also try out the Viper after alot of runs in the ZR-1

Big thanks to @Some1 @A3DR and @aphidgod and the other guys who created this Masterpiece!

First off the modeling is just perfect. It's not even near flawless, it's just flawless! and I was just talking about the exterior. But the interior is my favourite part of this car! @Some1 did you actually have the car in person to reference it?! The attention to detail are more than some majority of the Kunos cars.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. No, I don't have the car, I wish I did though. All I had was tons of pictures. There are flaws and inaccuracies of course, I'm not going to point them out here :)
As a matter of fact, the very first car I modeled back in the beginning of 2000, was the C4 Corvette (regular one). The C4 is one of my favourite Corvettes as far as design is concerned.

I started this project sometime in February, so I took quite a lot of time. I wish I was as fast as A3DR, but I do this as a hobby from my free time.

@Arnie_sim

It's very common for cars to have asymmetric camber and/or caster settings on the driver side compared to the passenger. I suspect a lot of cars have asymmetrical setup limits IRL, but KS just didn't care enough to do their research, hence why it's not really a thing in AC. You can do it however and I've ran into asymmetric caster (the one thing that you can't have! :p) many times.

The thing about setup is that IRL you can sometimes adjust in several degrees of camber up to values like -5 and -6 and perhaps even 10 - 15 degrees of toe (or more) depending on the suspension design.
Very often in passenger cars, there is no adjustment available barring from a limited toe adjustment for repair alignments.

Finding such information is challenging because A: It changes somewhat from every unique car to car B: It is not inside of the repair tolerances so no normal adjustment shop will even have information that they can indeed go -5 camber on a DWB sportscar, and not just -1.5 for example and C: You need to find an user who often is someone who has seriously tracked their car and found out their range of caster and camber adjustment themselves.

Toe is a different issue altogether because every single car will have slightly different tolerances which can be extremely wide: so very often in simulations it is abstracted into a wide usable range with strict limits compared to what you could achieve IRL. Sometimes, it really is quite limited.

Just messing with some ideas I had... Was a lot easier to apply them stars to this one than to the Viper. If you guys like it I'll throw it in a folder and upload it. (After some refinement)
custom-showroom-1540235188.png

Screenshot-corvette-c4-zr1-ks-laguna-seca-22-10-118-22-20-14.jpg

It needs a license plate though. (@A3DR) Let's see if DMV can print me a fresh one...:D

Last edited:
Just messing with some ideas I had... Was a lot easier to apply them stars to this one than to the Viper. If you guys like it I'll throw it in a folder and upload it. (After some refinement)
custom-showroom-1540235188.png

Screenshot-corvette-c4-zr1-ks-laguna-seca-22-10-118-22-20-14.jpg

It needs a license plate though. (@A3DR) Let's see if DMV can print me a fresh one...:D
Love it that last shot looks real! let me know if you want a random plate or custom one and I can generate the textures.

Beautiful modeling, fun and predictable handling. Thank you very much for all involved!

On graphics, the only small problem I get on the zr-1 is while driving it at Tajo, the first spot I went to try it. The windscreen dash reflection is blinding during most of the course (p.e. 14h). Doesn't seem to bother as much on most circuits. I would expect it to look like that on real life, but no so much in a game where its harder to unsee it.
Btw, when upshifting a throttle lift hint seems to be missing for those driving with auto clutch assist/gamepad.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies