Cars The Need For Speed

A "simple" conversion is not really possible. I converted Rusty Springs and plan to do a scratch remake of it. In the end it was the only track with semi believable elevation changes. The other tracks were just too crazy.

Video of the conversion. Not legal to post the track here so I never released it.
That really looks like it could be a pretty sweet layout - if you did a rebuild from scratch I mean. I remembered the name, but I couldn't remember the actual layout.

[Insert derogatory statement about Black Cat County here].

I love desert themes like BCC and Rusty Springs.

Huh? Could you please elaborate, briefly? :)
The other tracks have insane banking and very steep hills. They just don't translate well to an actual sim.

Also I was not able to get any of the point to point tracks. Only the circuits were able to be used for some reason.

That really looks like it could be a pretty sweet layout - if you did a rebuild from scratch I mean. I remembered the name, but I couldn't remember the actual layout.

[Insert derogatory statement about Black Cat County here].

I love desert themes like BCC and Rusty Springs.
It is a lot of fun to lap around. If time permits I would really like to make it and be included with the final NFS pack.

The other tracks have insane banking and very steep hills. They just don't translate well to an actual sim.

Also I was not able to get any of the point to point tracks. Only the circuits were able to be used for some reason.
Ah, I see. Thanks!
I think Burnt Sienna also looked quite decent apart from a big jump,

No. It was way too involved and I don't have time to explain it all.

Ok, understandable.. But are you never going to release this? This is like the only thing we're missing, now that we have almost all of the cars already. Ive seen countless of other conversions on the web, conversions from Forza, LFS etc etc.. Never seen anyone of those authors getting in to trouble by releasing a conversion.

I found Race Track Builder when I was looking into AC modeling because I wanted to make some of the tracks local to me for "practice". By that I really mean just getting to drive a rough layout so I'd have and memory of the turn sequence more than down to the pebble detail. It can pull data from Google Maps API was what sold it for me. I do CAD modelling for a living, but video game modelling is a totally different world to me. I typically deal with straight bends, not really textures and shape design. Race Track Builder is actually pretty straightforward to use though for getting a track working at the very least. You can spend countless hours polishing them and adding details, but simple layout work can be done relatively quickly.

Doesn't really help the porting issue any, but if someone had a layout of the track it might get you started at least.

Must congratulate all involved. This is a dream come true to see the cars from my favourite driving game of all time updated to modern Assetto Corsa standards.

Driving sims have come a long way since the original Need For Speed but as an overall package -even 24 years later- I still rate NFS1 the best.

I can't wait to see an up to date Porsche 911 (993 Series) Carrera. It was always my favourite. :)

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Must congratulate all involved. This is a dream come true to see the cars from my favourite driving game of all time updated to modern Assetto Corsa standards.

Driving sims have come a long way since the original Need For Speed but as an overall package -even 24 years later- I still rate NFS1 the best. Obviously graphics, sounds, physics won't be up to scratch. But when you look at the showcase (info, pictures video, voiceover, music), the open road city, coastal, alpine locations. The fun at dodging traffic, police, epic crashes. The voiceover 'you just beat the best time, top speed' etc. Best of all was just the fun at driving incar and trying to get as good a time as possible. It was even better when I got hold of pedal and wheel setup.

Issues? Invisible walls, your car always going completely out of control after crossing the finish line (still fun though), your AI opponent catching up after you've left them so far behind after they crashed (what the???). Can't seem to use my modern Fanatec wheel, pedal, shift setup with it.

I can't wait to see an up to date Porsche 911 (993 Series) Carrera. It was always my favourite

Only thing missing is the original locations (particularly City, Coastal, Alpine), but you can't have everything. :)

Kind regards.

Glad to reach more fans of the original game!, I still have NFS:SE on my old Win98 computer and enjoy it from time to time. Even with it's physics limitations it's still an enjoyable experience.

I remember mailing a letter to Electronic Arts to persuade them to include the Porsche 911 (993) Turbo following NFS1. I was wrapped to see that they did include it one day but it just wasn't the same. NFS1 was the best.

Note: The 993 Turbo was my pinup dreamcar for the next 15 years until I read a road test by 'Complete Car' written in July '95 called 'Simply The Best'. It was a 993 Carrera vs 993 Carrera 4 vs 993 Turbo comparison. Long story short - the reviewer found that the Carrera 4's extra roadholding and Turbo's massive power didn't enhance the classic Porsche's driving appeal. The fact that the reviewer found the base model the most enjoyable in the real world really struck home for me - and this is before you factor in the far lower cost.

Last edited:
porsche%20993%20911%20carrera%20parts%20accessories%20install.jpg

Man that thing looks good... :inlove:

After a long summer vacation, I've started to slowly working on the ZR-1 again.
Doing the cockpit texturing, AO map first.
View attachment 268201 View attachment 268202

That cockpit looks sweet! make sure to brighten or fake the AO a bit since having so many dark spots will affect the way the shaders look in game, as there isn't any ambient light in AC only the sun.
It's better to control the brightness through the shaders rather than having a lot of black pixels on the AO map itself.

That cockpit looks sweet! make sure to brighten or fake the AO a bit since having so many dark spots will affect the way the shaders look in game, as there isn't any ambient light in AC only the sun.
It's better to control the brightness through the shaders rather than having a lot of black pixels on the AO map itself.
There’s ambient light, it’s just a fixed value. Everything would look very odd if there wasn’t any ambient.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%