The International Manufacturers Championship '67

Daytona corner workers are trying to stay warm during the chilly night hours...

daytona_corner_worker_1.jpg

daytona_corner_worker_2.jpg

daytona_corner_worker_3.jpg

Haha, yeah, the modern tow truck is just one of many clueless objects I have yet to remove from the tracks. Basically everything I post here from the game should be considered more or less WIP.

Coincidentally, I just added a more period correct pickup yesterday to the start area of the Daytona track...

pickup2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently running the Daytona 24 Hours (50% race length = 12 hours), driving the #24 Ferrari 330 P4 together with Mike Parkes.

67024_2.jpg

First part of the video below is recorded around midnight and the second part around 6 a.m. in the pale early morning light with the sun just about to rise. At this point, five cars are still on the lead lap with our car battling at the front with the two other Ferraris of Bandini/Amon (Ferrari 330 P3/4) and Rodriguez/Guichet (Ferrari 412 P). The Chaparral 2F of Hill/Spence is following some half minute back and the last car on the lead lap is the Ford Mk II of Foyt/Gurney, around one and a half minute from the lead.

And considering the current race standings with the three Ferraris at the front, I don't think I have to remind anyone interested in endurance sports car racing of the 60's how the real 1967 race ended with this famous scene...

daytona_finish_1.jpg

daytona_finish_2.jpg

daytona_finish_3.jpg

daytona_finish_4.jpg

daytona_finish_5.jpg

Nice job!

The only note: can you remove the pole and cable of the light that is between the first curve and the second? Because that pole does not make much sense in that position.

A bit off-topic since he didn't race in the 1967 championship but I wanted to post some pics of flamboyant Swedish racing driver and playboy Ulf Norinder who was known to do it his way, all the way. Not the fastest but definitely one of the most colourful.

01.jpg

Driving a Ferrari 500 Mondial at Kanonloppet, Karlskoga, Sweden, 1956

02.jpg

Phil Hill and Ulf Norinder at the Cuban Grand Prix, 1958

03.jpg

Norinder in a Scuderia Serenissima Lotus 22 in 1962

04.jpg

Racing his Ferrari 250 GTO, Targa Florio 1964

05.jpg

Not every racing driver has got an official Lego kit of his car!

And here is his beautiful 250 GTO a few years ago...

06.jpg

Chris Amon and Ulf Norinder at the 1964 Nürburgring 1000 km

07.jpg

Västkustloppet, Falkenberg, Sweden, 1964

08.jpg

Jo Bonnier, Ulf Norinder, and Sven-Bertil Taube in the 1968 movie "Het Snö" (Hot Snow...)

09.jpg

Looking tough, 1968

10.jpg

Norinder/Axelsson Lola T70 at the 1968 Le Mans 24 Hours

11.jpg

Norinder and Jo Bonnier at the 1969 Sebring 12 Hours

12.jpg

13.jpg

Early 70s

14.jpg

James Hunt and Norinder in the mid 70s

15.jpg

1977 in the Swedish Camaro Cup

Ulf Norinder commited suicide in 1978 by driving his Rolls Royce at high speed into a rock wall in Monaco after learning he had terminal cancer. He was 44 years old.

An important part of getting the player in the right context and mood when "traveling" to a race weekend are the track loading screens and the game music. Here's a quick preview of what Daytona and Sebring look like...

Loading screens are final but the PITS menu screen is very much WIP.

And does anyone know in which file the red glove cursor is located? I want to modify it to a brown glove instead and have looked everywhere but can't find it.

If I am not mistaken, the mouse pointer should be inside the UIDATA folder, in a file or in a under folder (it should be called "pointer" or something similar if I remember correctly).

Regarding the video of the menu and the music all very nice, beautiful the loading bar with the airplane, the traits and with the flag at the end!

A note if you allow me: at the menu I would remove the clock at the top right and leave only the writing of the "accelerated time", it would be much better (written above the clock generates confusion, it is not well).
Under the accelerated time button you could put a racing time trial like those they used in the pits in the 60s. I would put it a little inclined as if it had just been leaning, as you did for gloves to understand us (the gloves if you can do them look a little dirty, as soon as they are used).

I hope these impressions of mine may be useful.

I still can't find the glove cursor, maybe you could have a look in your game and then post a more detailed description?

As I wrote above "the PITS menu screen is very much WIP" (WIP = Work In Progress). The old small P&G wall clock and "ACCELERATION" text will of course be removed in favour of the WIP 1960's wristwatch (which I plan to give a more prominent red colour when activated).

No real need for any suggestions as I already have a clear picture on how I would like everything in every area of the game.

pits_gloves.jpg

timing_stopwatch.jpg

WIP detail from the WIP TIMING screen

Last edited:
The view is of course also used when the player is waiting to get into the car. (I'll lower the view with a decimeter or so as the player is a bit tall as it stands now).

The fuel rigs come in two company variants, Shell (above) and BP (below)...

fuelrig4.jpg

And here's the allocation between the game's car models:

Abarth 1000 SP SHELL Abarth 1300 OT SHELL Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ SHELL Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 SHELL Alfa Romeo GTA SA SHELL Alfa Romeo T33 SHELL Alpine A110 Renault BP Alpine A210 Renault BP Austin-Healey 3000 BP Austin-Healey Sprite Mk I BP Austin-Healey Sprite Mk IV BP Bizzarrini GT Strada 5300 SHELL CD SP66C Peugeot BP Chaparral 2D SHELL Chaparral 2F SHELL Chevrolet Corvette SHELL Chevrolet Corvette GS SHELL Chevron B4, B5, B6 BP Ferrari 250 LM SHELL Ferrari 250 SWB BP Ferrari 275 GTB SHELL Ferrari 330 P3/4 SHELL Ferrari 330 P4 SHELL Ferrari 365 P2 SHELL Ferrari 365 P3 BP Ferrari 412 P SHELL Ferrari Dino 206 S SHELL Ford GT40 Mk I BP Ford P40 BP Ford Mk II BP Ford Mk IV BP Hillman Imp BP Honda S800 BP Howmet Sprint SHELL Jaguar XKE BP Lancia Fulvia BP Lola T70 Mk2 BP Lola T70 Mk3 BP Lotus 47 BP Lotus Elan BP Marcos Mini GT BP Matra Djet BP Matra M630 BP MGB GT BP Mini Cooper S BP Mirage M1 BP Porsche 356 BP Porsche 904 GTS BP Porsche 906 BP Porsche 907 SHELL Porsche 910 SHELL Porsche 911 S BP Renault R8 Gordini BP Shelby Cobra SHELL Shelby GT350 SHELL Sunbeam Tiger BP Triumph TR4 BP TVR Grantura BP Volvo P1800 BP

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back