The International Manufacturers Championship '67

Okay, but it could hardly be the reason why he felt the need to delete the comment.

Anyway, Brands Hatch for GTR2 must be one of only a few vintage game tracks that are actually narrower than the real thing...

BOAC-4.jpg

BOAC-5.jpg

Here's something funny. I posted the below comment yesterday on GPLaps latest YouTube video Comparing Vintage Racing Sims, where he left out GTR2 and I just realized he seems to have deleted my post, haha.

For a total 1960's sports car endurance experience, there is only one game that can handle it...

It's possible that this happened because you posted a link. I've lost replies not knowing why until realizing YT had rules regarding links in comment sections. I also liked your post and replied btw... that's why I checked here.

Last edited:
It's possible that this happened because you posted a link. I've lost replies not knowing why until realizing YT had rules regarding links in comment sections. I also liked your post and replied btw... that's why I checked here.
I never delete comments, i think youtube did because it was a link

I didn't include GTR2 because I don't enjoy racing the classic formula cars in GTR2. I do like it for the sportscar stuff though!

For the Nurburgring circuit you chose the one with the paddock outside that to enter the track we pass from the tunnel as it was in the 60s?

Any image/video of big Nurburgring?

Yes, I'm using the version with the "alte fahrerlager" which is a great addition to the track. I have actually been picking up the work again on updating it after being inspired by the recent 1971 release for AMS2 (and all the YouTube videos showcasing the new track with fantasy 3-lap races, haha). Will post pics and/or video when I've done some more work to it.

castle.jpg

I got sidetracked on the Ring and have instead been working on improving the little Dino for the last few days. NPanic did a great job on reworking the original body and doing all the skins so I have mainly focused on optimizing materials and colours but have also done some 3D work like enlarging the rear wheels. I've also added and modified lots of stuff for the cockpit interior such as a more authentic steering wheel to name one thing. The car also has completely new P&G based physics.

67186TFa.jpg

67186TFb.jpg

67186TFc.jpg

Here I'm driving the N.A.R.T. entered 206 S for the 1967 Targa Florio. And in order to avoid road traffic, pedestrians, goats, etc., I'm heading out at 6 o'clock in the morning for unofficial practice and some reckless on the edge driving...

67186TF.jpg

The real car at speed

And in order to avoid road traffic, pedestrians, goats, etc., I'm heading out at 6 o'clock in the morning for unofficial practice...

I used to really look forward to adding a lot of track obstacles only present at practice for the player to avoid, just like how it was at the real event. The first thing I added was the early morning bus to Palermo that has just made a stop to pick up passengers in front of the pits. What is present and for what session is controlled by the VisGroups line in the .trk file. Unfortunately, there is a major GTR2 bug that although the objects visually disappears for the race, the collision targets still remains... And having the objects present at practice without any collision detection takes away all the fun.

palermo_bus.jpg

Screenshot from the video

"I used to really look forward to adding a lot of track obstacles only present at practice for the player to avoid,... And having the objects present at practice without any collision detection takes away all the fun."
Making period street cars and lorries (a *donkey or two) for the grid. I understand all the 'Traffic' would be going the same direction and qualifying & race would be unrealistic but for F'ing around in practice;)

*use Fiat 500 physics, about same size and speed:roflmao:

The idea you propose can be nice. However, the cars or vehicles of everyday traffic circulated on the days before the event but on the days of the race weekend they closed to traffic.

There is a story that I had read some time ago of a driver, I think it was of the Porsche or Alfa Romeo if I remember correctly, who said that at the time in the week before at the event they tried to run in the middle of everyday traffic to try to try understanding and getting to know the circuit better and there was always the risk of being stopped by the police. Sometimes it could happen that in order not to be stopped by the police, the locals helped the drivers with their cars by hiding them in the barns of the farmhouses or in workshops etc.
Then there was always the risk that the police could withdraw his license. Other times, another era.

I was in you the means I would not put them since it is the race weekend.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies