The Future Looks Electric… But So Did The Past!

Steam/Electric hybrid is what we need. Instead of heating the water by burning coal or wood its heated with electric heating coil, like an electric tea pot. Benefits, steam engines produce more HP and torque. They would also be smaller and lighter.

Anyway, I love the sound and smell of the internal combustion engine but in the long run something needs to change. I don't believe that fully electric cars are the answer.

Steam/Electric hybrid is what we need. Instead of heating the water by burning coal or wood its heated with electric heating coil, like an electric tea pot. Benefits, steam engines produce more HP and torque. They would also be smaller and lighter.

Anyway, I love the sound and smell of the internal combustion engine but in the long run something needs to change. I don't believe that fully electric cars are the answer.
You realize that a lot of energy is lost boiling the water and then propelling the water? Why not immediately drive the car

Luckily for us, Lithium is the 3rd most abundant element in the universe and can even be gathered from the ocean. Not to mention that Tesla can recycle about 70% of materials from their batteries. With this in mind, I reckon the odds of us running out are pretty low at most. And who's to say we won't find a new battery technology that doesn't use lithium in the future?
Cobolt is the issue I believe: http://www.indmin.com/Article/3586106/The-role-of-cobalt-in-battery-supply.html

Regardless, building, charging and disposing of the batteries pretty much undermines the 'Green' (or is that 'red') credentials of the EV movement. The Swedish department of transport: https://www.ivl.se/download/18.5922...CO2 emissions from lithium ion batteries .pdf

As with every source of energy you have to develop it to achieve better results. You can use the rare materials (They are not that rare) again if you recycle.
The Thanos method won't work, the times where only half of the population lived on this planet was not that long ago

I didnt say it was "rare" though, I meant it was a finite resource. How many people recycle all their lithium ion batteries?

And "thanos"? What?

hypocrite and frankly disgusting, borderline thinking of reporting you because I DO have mental health issues. I truly wish sanctimonious ****ers like you would just go do one.
I'm the hypocrite? That's funny.
I'm just pointing at the hypocrisy of people that think like that, they are dangerous. In the day the "we need less humans" become something more than words where you think this will go...?

Luckily for us, Lithium is the 3rd most abundant element in the universe and can even be gathered from the ocean. Not to mention that Tesla can recycle about 70% of materials from their batteries. With this in mind, I reckon the odds of us running out are pretty low at most. And who's to say we won't find a new battery technology that doesn't use lithium in the future?

Irrelevant that it's abundant in the universe when we can only get it from the planet. Tesla are the only producers of batteries then? What about batteries in mobile phones, laptops, how many people properly dispose (recycle) these sorts of batteries? What iof right now every human on the planet had access to what many in the richer nations take for granted. how many mobile phones? PS4 with rechargeable gamepads, all the other rechargeable gizmo's that are prevalent now, then factor in the EVs, I think that resource would seem a bit less.

We may indeed find a new battery technology, then again we may not there are no guarantees.

I'm the hypocrite? That's funny.
I'm just pointing at the hypocrisy of people that think like that, they are dangerous. In the day the "we need less humans" become something more than words where you think this will go...?

What the ****? I mean population CONTROL, birth control etc, what did you think I meant Death camps.
Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Irrelevant that it's abundant in the universe when we can only get it from the planet. Tesla are the only producers of batteries then? What about batteries in mobile phones, laptops, how many people properly dispose (recycle) these sorts of batteries? What iof right now every human on the planet had access to what many in the richer nations take for granted. how many mobile phones? PS4 with rechargeable gamepads, all the other rechargeable gizmo's that are prevalent now, then factor in the EVs, I think that resource would seem a bit less.

We may indeed find a new battery technology, then again we may not there are no guarantees.
Tesla didn't invent a new battery, nearly every battery can be recycled

Recycling is so costly that they are suggesting car batteries be repurposed as home energy storage. A tesla pack with half its original range is useless for the car but could still power a house for 2+ days. But to me this is not a realistic way forward. They do need to crack the recycling nut.

I love discussions like this. It really brings out the worst in people. Thanks for the entertaining morning reading these comments.

Yes I know they "can" be recycled, how many people "bother" so all that lithium ends up in land fill.

Like in China? This worked out really well, so well indeed that they abandoned it

Then mankind is ****ed then....no biggy I'll be long gone before all the real suffering starts as the dystopian future society kicks in big time. I hope there's an afterlife so I can watch it all and tell the dip shite liberal numpties "I told you so"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back