The Future Looks Electric… But So Did The Past!

Still can´t believe how triggered some people get over this stuff. "You drive an electric car, darn treehuggin´ hippies!" Get over youself. You talk about sound and emotion in your daily car, yet I highly doubt that a 1.6l 4 cyl with a rusty muffler gets you all emotional. Or is there someone who drives a screaming V12 to work?
If you think burning dead dinosaurs is the pinnacle of motoring evolution, I`ve got some bad news for you.

Btw, I´m missing an inbetween option in the vote. Electric cars for dailys and transport, hybrid for perfomance and racing!

I'll convert to electric once range jumps to around 800km on a charge OR when someone invents a way to charge the battery enough to keep it charged while driving. Or said in other words; when I dont have wait hours for it to charge back up.

I'll convert to electric once range jumps to around 800km on a charge OR when someone invents a way to charge the battery enough to keep it charged while driving. Or said in other words; when I dont have wait hours for it to charge back up.
A lot of Technical Universities are already 'researching, experimenting' with the next gen electrical powered vehicles. I watched some processes very closely at TU Delft in the Netherlands. You know the girls and guys from the yearly solar challenge. Exactly what you've written radius and charge time.

Its encouraging to hear someone is working on improving the battery and charge technology, but its also sorely needed. The current battery tech is outdated and THE bottleneck when it comes to getting people to buy electric cars, myself included. Hybrids solve some of the issue, but is essentially just a patch to temporarily cover a gaping need. And still relies on a combustion engine.

Now, when it comes to racing, just keep electrics well clear of me. I know the modern world loves electric racing (Form. E), but I'm not modern. I want sound, not hoovers on wheels.

Its encouraging to hear someone is working on improving the battery and charge technology, but its also sorely needed. The current battery tech is outdated and THE bottleneck when it comes to getting people to buy electric cars, myself included. Hybrids solve some of the issue, but is essentially just a patch to temporarily cover a gaping need. And still relies on a combustion engine.

Now, when it comes to racing, just keep electrics well clear of me. I know the modern world loves electric racing (Form. E), but I'm not modern. I want sound, not hoovers on wheels.
Shake hands, I want to change spark plugs and oil myself and have grease on my hands. Those were the days. Bangerbang competitions.....memory lane. My substitute is now a V twin with Vance & Hines exhaust...

To stay on topic:
Hydrogen since 2007: https://www.tudelft.nl/en/d-dream/teams/forze-delft/

Hydrogen is another alternative to zero-emission, but its complex, expensive and has zero infrastructure to support it.

"Zero emissions" is a myth! It's only zero emmisions from the vehicle - you're just moving the emissions to the power station or the hydrogen production facility. And then there's the additional load on our already-creaking power grids. The U.K. National Grid said this following a recent study:

"As the numbers of EVs (electric vehicles) increase, their peak time electricity demand is one of the challenges that will need to be met. For example, our Consumer Power scenario suggests that EVs will create an extra 18GW of demand by 2050 – that’s equivalent to an extra 30% on top of today’s peak demand."

EVs will need something very different from the currently available technology (not just some improvements) to become practical alternatives to ICE-powered vehicles.

Electric cars are nothing but part of social engineering topped with a massive tax scam. It's amazing that in this day and age most people still fall for this sort of tactics.
Totally agree. What's amusing (and scary) is that people can't see this. The rush of manufacturers to Formula E is a completely political decision. They must be seen to be 'On Board' with electric and so-called saving the world from destruction by going 'green' There's really nothing more to it.
It's insane that electric is treated as 'free energy'. Just plug in! Wow. Charge up! No more gasoline! Whoo! Uh, I have news for everyone....Electric cars are coal cars. Follow the outlet in your house or from the charging station. It all leads to a massive power station burning lots of coal. The more electric cars=the more coal burned. But hey, keep believing the scam.

"Zero emissions" is a myth! It's only zero emmisions from the vehicle - you're just moving the emissions to the power station or the hydrogen production facility. And then there's the additional load on our already-creaking power grids. The U.K. National Grid said this following a recent study:

"As the numbers of EVs (electric vehicles) increase, their peak time electricity demand is one of the challenges that will need to be met. For example, our Consumer Power scenario suggests that EVs will create an extra 18GW of demand by 2050 – that’s equivalent to an extra 30% on top of today’s peak demand."

EVs will need something very different from the currently available technology (not just some improvements) to become practical alternatives to ICE-powered vehicles.

While EVs might not be 'Zero emission' per se (unless charged from 100% renewable sources), they are still far greener than their ICE counterparts.

Curious. I don't believe for a second the UK National Grid would say anything of the sort. Electric cars charge overnight, during off-peak hours. During the day, EVs can supply the grid with electricity stored in their batteries to help with meeting peak hour demand.

Totally agree. What's amusing (and scary) is that people can't see this. The rush of manufacturers to Formula E is a completely political decision. They must be seen to be 'On Board' with electric and so-called saving the world from destruction by going 'green' There's really nothing more to it.
It's insane that electric is treated as 'free energy'. Just plug in! Wow. Charge up! No more gasoline! Whoo! Uh, I have news for everyone....Electric cars are coal cars. Follow the outlet in your house or from the charging station. It all leads to a massive power station burning lots of coal. The more electric cars=the more coal burned. But hey, keep believing the scam.

Even if you live in Norway or Denmark, where they regularly achieve 100% renewable coverage, or if you have solar panels on your roof like 44% of EV owners do? I have news for you too: not 100% of the world's electricity comes from coal. As a matter of fact, the world's electricity production is getting cleaner by the day. Not to mention that a lot of coal has to be burned to make 'green' gasoline, too.

It saddens me deeply people are so out-spoken against such a great technology just because they are so much smarter than everyone else by being able to tell where electricity comes from. What's worse, nobody seems to know where gasoline comes from.

It's insane that electric is treated as 'free energy'.
And who says that?

The more electric cars=the more coal burned. But hey, keep believing the scam.
Is global warming a scam too?
Lots of countries are already aiming/ setting targets for a coal-free energy production. I don´t think you get that this can´t possibly go on forever. Solar and wind energy are on the big move. Energy storage possibilites are being put up. Of course this is a huge market, but so is the oil industry! How dare we improve technology to advance our transportation, how dare we try not to turn this world into sh!t.

"Zero emissions" is a myth! It's only zero emmisions from the vehicle - you're just moving the emissions to the power station or the hydrogen production facility.
Or the battery production facility. Look, I know you just move the emission elsewhere from the exhaust pipe to the production line instead, but producing can also be made without using fossil fuels, like coal or oil. Here, f.x., we have a ton of solar-, windmill-, water- and wood-powered powerstation and production facilities, including the one I work at, so its possible, its 'just' a matter of banning fossil fuels...

And who says that?

Is global warming a scam too?
Lots of countries are already aiming/ setting targets for a coal-free energy production. I don´t think you get that this can´t possibly go on forever. Solar and wind energy are on the big move. Energy storage possibilites are being put up. Of course this is a huge market, but so is the oil industry! How dare we improve technology to advance our transportation, how dare we try not to turn this world into sh!t.
Global warming IS a scam. NOW you're getting it. The NOAA has altered the data. Look it up. There's also MORE ice on the ice caps than ever before, yet we're told it's almost gone. The polar bears are drowning! None of it is true. You choose to believe in global warming, because if you don't you're labelled a hater.

Global warming IS a scam. NOW you're getting it. The NOAA has altered the data. Look it up. There's also MORE ice on the ice caps than ever before, yet we're told it's almost gone. The polar bears are drowning! None of it is true. You choose to believe in global warming, because if you don't you're labelled a hater.

And we also never landed on the moon, of course. But what kind of idiot still believes in the moon, anyway?

Last edited:
in my opinion i dont care what happens in the future with road cars but electric racing, count me out. I enjoy driving it in sims and stuff but i cannot go watch an electric race, half the excitement is the engines roaring. If you disagree with this thats fine its an opinion, but once youve been to a race you might agree with me a bit more ;)

Curious. I don't believe for a second the UK National Grid would say anything of the sort.

Here: https://www.nationalgrid.com/uk/articles/electric-dreams-future-evs. They propose a number of alternative strategies but don't have a good track record when it comes to realistic forward planning.

And we also never landed on the moon, of course. But what kind of idiot still believes in the moon, anyway?

If you want a sensible take on why global warming is not what you're being asked to believe, try reading this by Guus Berkhout (emeritus professor in physics and seismic imaging at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, founding director of the Centre for Global Socio-Economic Change (CFGSEC), a member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW), and a senior member of the Netherlands Academy of Engineering): https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2018/06/Berkhout.pdf

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.