The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

AMS2 is now a full price beta. It seems all the work goes into DLC, the progress of the game apart from DLC is sloooow. Oh and sometimes an single Update simply detroys all the progress made. You also better delete your games setting files after every patch and learn to drive every car new again.

You complain that the game is in beta (incomplete), that they completely revamp the car physics between updates, while also complaining that they only work on DLC. So they should... do what exactly? Leave the physics as they are and not generate new content? How would it ever become not-beta?

You complain that the game is in beta (incomplete), that they completely revamp the car physics between updates, while also complaining that they only work on DLC. So they should... do what exactly? Leave the physics as they are and not generate new content? How would it ever become not-beta?
You may have not noticed, but the main Stuff that is worked on is the stuff that was added recently, why all the original mostly brasilian copa and vintage content, is still in AMS1limbo state. mirrors not working, broken cameras, broken lights, broken driving dynamics broken physics and no damage model, disfunctional PC2 features like box radio etc, false in game damaged car display of clients, (the racing wreckage multiplayer Symdrome from PC2) ect, ect. Yes a lot of work currently went into GT3, GT4 etc, but there are enough Sims that already do that better. The arrival of Group C will also not make the base content and basic functionality of AMS2 any better. Instead it's just new contant that will draw attetion further away from base conmtent and base game bugs. AMS is the "No mans sky" of racing sims, released 2 years to early.

Im currently really in doubt if this 80€ November 2020 Investement will ever pay out, since im already shifting over to ACC. The only advantage AMS2 has over ACC is the Nordschleife and the historic tracks.

Last edited:
You may have not noticed, but the main Stuff that is worked on is the stuff that was added recently, why all the original mostly brasilian copa and vintage content, is still in AMS1limbo state.

That is just not true. They are constantly working on the Copa Classics, Super V8, F-Classic/Retro/Vintage, P1/P2/P3/P4, Caterhams, Opalas etc. Almost every update fixes something in those classes and they all drive just fine.

broken driving dynamics broken physics and no damage model, disfunctional PC2 features like box radio etc, false in game damaged car display of clients, (the racing wreckage multiplayer Symdrome from PC2) ect, ect.

There aren't a lot of cars "broken driving dynamics broken physics" that I know of, maybe you can enlighten me. Some cars have slightly uptight differentials, but they can still be driven around just fine. Like every simulator, you need to adjust to the particularities of that sim because in the end it's a model of reality and not reality itself.

Developing a detailed damage model is mostly a waste of the developer's time. As soon as your car is that damaged the race is over anyways. Same with pit radio, just use Crew Chief.

• Deleted member 963434

what it inherit also from pCARS during qualy you set pressure to 1,6 bar, it raises to 1,9 bar during qualy, then race starts yo forgot to tweak pressures and pressure is 2,2 bar but its too late xD
also yo have in hud modifing option to change speedmoter from minimal to full or off, but its only minimal still, like its hard to make full speedo with showing how much pedals are pressed as it was in pCARS2 and how exactly rmp is, which system is turned on and when it works? and another thing, in minimal hud yo see only tyre heat but no pressure, you must make another hud to see just black tyres which i think shall show temps too or tyre usage i dont know, but it shows only pressure, and brakes temps. but it looks bad as you have 8 tyres shown 4 tyres showing temps, other 4 showing pressures and are black like they were punctured or something, or car was wheels-less xD but thats just details.
oh not to mention i want get rid of that stupid ABS and TC controlling from pCARS yo have stages off, low and high, instead of like 0-12 as every restpectfull sim has

• Deleted member 963434

but to clarify im not hating, its my number one sim for open wheelers and i bought it full priced wit all season passes just after first time drove f3 brazil there. it feels like real life go kart. but then they worstened ffb, then improved and worsted it again by making this so called "brake load force"

but to clarify im not hating, its my number one sim for open wheelers and i bought it full priced wit all season passes just after first time drove f3 brazil there. it feels like real life go kart. but then they worstened ffb, then improved and worsted it again by making this so called "brake load force"
no one wrote something about hating "it!"

I like AMS2, it does most things reasonably well, but it doesn’t really have a USP as yet that will create a decent sized loyal community.

Its USP seems to be graphics/VR capability. I too like it but I'm shelving it in favour of Project Cars 2 - even though it's a bit of a step back it's a far more enjoyable single player experience.

Its USP seems to be graphics/VR capability. I too like it but I'm shelving it in favour of Project Cars 2 - even though it's a bit of a step back it's a far more enjoyable single player experience.
What I realyx dislike is that Reiza is stripping AMS2 step by step of formerly functional PS2 features. Not only Stuff like box radio, but also adjustable dates and Seasons... and I prefer the high customibility of car setups in PC2 (in fact some cars had to be made "raceable" in the first place in PC2, thats was part of the fun) Another plus of that feature is that you can make one car usable in different kinds of Motorsport, just think of the 1973 POrsche 911 RSR, you can tune it from a track monster back into a road car and back into a rally Monster.

What I realyx dislike is that Reiza is stripping AMS2 step by step of formerly functional PS2 features. Not only Stuff like box radio, but also adjustable dates and Seasons... and I prefer the high customibility of car setups in PC2 (in fact some cars had to be made "raceable" in the first place in PC2, thats was part of the fun) Another plus of that feature is that you can make one car usable in different kinds of Motorsport, just think of the 1973 POrsche 911 RSR, you can tune it from a track monster back into a road car and back into a rally Monster.
Ok then, play PC2 and you will be happy.

Are you sure you wrote that right?

AMS2 is good in so many other ways which overall leaves pcars2 in the dust. Some cars in pcars2 though are great - what about the bently 8 thing. Really good.

I would say the whole point is to strip AMS2 of those things.

They also just did the throttle/fueling/maps thing to be more like AMS1.

Its excellent now.

Ok then, play PC2 and you will be happy.
It's not that easy anymore. Im part of virtual racing group that just recently switched from AC to AMS2.

@reshaderacer, yes the driving part of AMS2 is better for the most part, some cars have wonky setups to achieve that, what I as an RL engineer dislike a lot. What is currently not that good is the functionality and features around the pure driving itself. The onlyx thing I Really miss from PC2, apart from my most favorite cars, is the racing enviroment around you in game. The function is in there, but insteads of making it work I see it disabled more and more in every new build of AMS2.

Such issues and the often drastic changes in the driving simulation just recently made our racing team of 12 discuss if it was to early to move from AC to AMS2.

Rather than being "influenced" by the opinions of two youtbers, you could also read through the 87% of 2100 Very positive reviews the game has received.

I’m curious to know what has happened to many of the players who gave AMS2 a positive review. Clearly a lot of them no longer play it regularly or we wouldn’t have such low player numbers.

I’m curious to know what has happened to many of the players who gave AMS2 a positive review. Clearly a lot of them no longer play it regularly or we wouldn’t have such low player numbers.

That question can be applied to pretty much every game.
People play it for 5 mins, like it or respect the developer and leave a positive review and move on to something new.

For instance look at the steam reviews for AC. A great game with over 32k + positive reviews, its all time peak player number was 24k less.

I feel the biggest issue with AMS2 is the **** ton of bugs and unfinished features currently in the game.
I'm hoping In due time they will be addressed so I can enjoy the game to its full potential.

AMS2 like all the Reiza games before were based on Brazilian racing heritages.

Now let's be honest....in our tiny niche sim racing world...outside of south americans a couple tracks and a few drivers, how many users really know much about brazilian racing or even watched a race?

I for one knew of 2 tracks and a couple of drivers before Reiza started making games.

Majority of gamers are drawn to big name brand GT's /F1's on Historic world tracks they see on TV.
Very few of those users wake up and say "I can't wait to watch/drive a chevy Cruze stock/copa montana at Campo Grande" even tho they are blast.
When there are thousands of drivers on hundreds of servers driving GT3 at spa and monza.

The biggest way to draw more users is by getting big international licenses and manufacturers.
Than it just tries to be like the other games.
What's the point really?
I already own an official GT3 game, a F1 game, a rally game, nascar game Etc, etc.
Tho none of those games other than a track or two cover brazilian racing....which is why I bought AMS2, it's fun and different. :)

Last edited:
I don't agree with this "brazilian racing game" argument.

AMS2 already has a lot of world famous cars and tracks, and more will come. Also it's the F1 (world most famous motorsport cathegory) cars paradise.

I don't believe the majority care about the brand of the car they are driving in a sim. Live for Speed was a big success and almost all cars and tracks were fictional.

I like AMS2 a lot. But I have my setups, my favorite MP servers, my friends in another game. How can I leave all this behind for another racing game? It can happen, but not from night to day. Simracing is a small niche that is already a bit saturated. It's very difficult for a new game to gain ground on it.

But the custom championship tool and the MP rating system will come, and the game physics will settle down one day. And then, I believe, the game popularity will gain a boost.

Last edited:
I feel the biggest issue with AMS2 is the **** ton of bugs and unfinished features currently in the game.
I'm hoping In due time they will be addressed so I can enjoy the game to its full potential.

For me the biggest issue is that the game feels like a mod and not like a full blown simulation with access to real world data.

Devs just reiterate the driving physics again and again and again until they think it feels good, while many of the cars still exhibit weird behavior, especially in slow corners.

I think it is very niche. Where else can I drive a VW Beetle around Oulton Park against old Gols and Passats and have a blast? Against the AI for goodness sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.8%