The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

Wanted to give AMS2 another try after all the latest patches.

While calibrating the wheel suddenly a pretty strong force was applied for no reason. No problem, i guess one has to expect stuff like that to happen with amateurish products like AMS2.

There also is a constant force on the wheel while in the menu, even after disabling the (unnecessary) wheel spring setting. But at least i then get no ffb at all while on track. Great quality product.

Really, it's no wonder not many people play this "sim", i wish i could still refund it.

Its a madness engine bug actually and probably down to manufacturer/drivers differences over time is my guess. I bet the glob of code for that is a mile deep. Don't worry so much about that.

So you have not raced AMS2 much? hmm. still give it a go before you pull the plug on your gear I reckon.

The reason for this is I fired up dirt 4 after having it sit there for ages and the ffb was naff. Its got nothing on a proper ffb game like AMS2 and others.

AMS2 may just change the way you feel about ffb even compared to Rfactor2 or ACC/AC. But its your choice, only pointing out if you don't get it running with a my documents delete, you could miss out on at least some decent driving.

Personally I would also say get the AC ultimate edition, content manager menu for it, and its like 8 dollar US approx, and also throw 5 dollars to the guy who does the rain and get that - its a plugin.

I know this is AMS2 - but if you want a great experience of sim racing, get both as a mainstay to be honest. Why AC? Well it can replace ACC and others, but probably not AMS2 as they do a lot of different things.

__>> So I know that sounds wack almost in the sense of you may have that/some of, or none -that you need to get more stuff, but in actualityif you had to pick 2 sims, and I speak highly of raceroom - but its not suitable for you jus now as he outlay is huge (by comparison), then those 2, as set up with those things, and or raceroom if you one day get keen.

Yes I have and love rfactor 2, but its not as rock solid/covers your bases like I mentioned. RRoom would be great for multiplayer as is AC can do some of that, and VR is in there. But AMS2/AC is together a great sim experience

(yes you have to briefly set up your AC wheel - its easy - put gain high roughly 75-80 [in the vicinity of] and everything else on zero (curbs etc), the ffb has come a long way, unless you have a gear-wheel, then you should sell it and reassess your options down the line. I say this from the no-loss perspective of a gear wheel and by then the games will have evolved again, win-win, when you in future go for a probably-less costly existing belt wheel or better, owing to genre expansion>hardware)

But you know your situation better than me, only
suggestions

Last edited:
Its a madness engine bug actually and probably down to manufacturer/drivers differences over time is my guess. I bet the glob of code for that is a mile deep. Don't worry so much about that.

So you have not raced AMS2 much? hmm. still give it a go before you pull the plug on your gear I reckon.

The reason for this is I fired up dirt 4 after having it sit there for ages and the ffb was naff. Its got nothing on a proper ffb game like AMS2 and others.

AMS2 may just change the way you feel about ffb even compared to Rfactor2 or ACC/AC. But its your choice, only pointing out if you don't get it running with a my documents delete, you could miss out on at least some decent driving.

Personally I would also say get the AC ultimate edition, content manager menu for it, and its like 8 dollar US approx, and also throw 5 dollars to the guy who does the rain and get that - its a plugin.

I know this is AMS2 - but if you want a great experience of sim racing, get both as a mainstay to be honest. Why AC? Well it can replace ACC and others, but probably not AMS2 as they do a lot of different things.

__>> So I know that sounds wack almost in the sense of you may have that/some of, or none -that you need to get more stuff, but in actualityif you had to pick 2 sims, and I speak highly of raceroom - but its not suitable for you jus now as he outlay is huge (by comparison), then those 2, as set up with those things, and or raceroom if you one day get keen.

Yes I have and love rfactor 2, but its not as rock solid/covers your bases like I mentioned. RRoom would be great for multiplayer as is AC can do some of that, and VR is in there. But AMS2/AC is together a great sim experience

(yes you have to briefly set up your AC wheel - its easy - put gain high roughly 75-80 [in the vicinity of] and everything else on zero (curbs etc), the ffb has come a long way, unless you have a gear-wheel, then you should sell it and reassess your options down the line. I say this from the no-loss perspective of a gear wheel and by then the games will have evolved again, win-win, when you in future go for a probably-less costly existing belt wheel or better, owing to genre expansion>hardware)

But you know your situation better than me, only
suggestions
So the logitech range don't work well with AMS2?

Logitech Wheels work well enough with the usual need of tweaking the settigns ingame. Use 30-50 Damping to reduce over the "rattling" of the gear drive. Also reduce low force boost to 30. Thrustmaster T150 ad even T300 dont feel much better.

I have a nearly 5yr old T300, and ffb is very good.
As for logitech, I previously had the g27, but if these logitech wheels still rattle, then to hell with them.

I have a nearly 5yr old T300, and ffb is very good.
As for logitech, I previously had the g27, but if these logitech wheels still rattle, then to hell with them.
Yes they rattle, thats due to the gearing inside. But the rattling can be reduced by lower FX setting and damping force in the settings. To compensate the loss in force output there is s low force boost slider. Currently using G-920 but switching to T-300 next week... due to the rattling. My wife can't stand it anymore.

Last edited:
oh not to mention i want get rid of that stupid ABS and TC controlling from pCARS yo have stages off, low and high, instead of like 0-12 as every restpectfull sim has
haha just like pc2 you go to GT3 cars setup to find out the TC not in stages but in percentage...
and then in the track you get the off, low and high (how much is low? 50%? more? what high means? 100%?)
and in the car dash you see TC 2 all the time whatever you chose.
you cant see nowhere when ABS or TC deploys.
you can't even have any HUD in replays to see when and how much you had brake and accelerate.
this is the price to pay when you get the madness engine to have nice graphics and good VR
TC in stages and the ability to choose every one of them while driving, display the number in dash so the driver knows what stage is chosen is not just "every respectfull sim" features.
is what the real GT3 cars have

Last edited:
haha just like pc2 you go to GT3 cars setup to find out the TC not in stages but in percentage...
and then in the track you get the off, low and high (how much is low? 50%? more? what high means? 100%?)
and in the car dash you see TC 2 all the time whatever you chose.
you cant see nowhere when ABS or TC deploys.

Unless AMS2 TC works differently from PC2, this is how it works:

TC Assist Level (Off/Low/High, changeable in MFD) controls how strong the TC is when it activates. Since TC works by cutting the throttle, this would dictate how much the throttle gets reduced when the wheels start to slip above a certain threshold.

TC Slip (changeable in setup) is the threshold for when the TC system kicks in, in % of slip ratio. Lower threshold means more TC, higher threshold means less TC. The optimal slip ratio for racing slicks is around 10-12% on dry tarmac, so ideally you want to stay around that value when cornering. The relevant range of TC is 10-20%, below that it's too intrusive to drive properly, above that it doesn't really do much.

Yes, it would be nice to have a way to assign presets to the TC Slip that you could change while driving, and yes it would be nice to have a TC/ABS indicator in the HUD. Some cars you can tell by sound when the TC kicks in (Formula V10 gen 2 for example).

Yes, it would be nice to have a way to assign presets to the TC Slip that you could change while driving, and yes it would be nice to have a TC/ABS indicator in the HUD. Some cars you can tell by sound when the TC kicks in (Formula V10 gen 2 for example).
i know how TC works in real driving and in sims.

IMO is not a case of a nice way to assign presets. nice or not, specific numeric TC (and in many GT3 cars TC R + TC C) presets and the option of the driver to chose any of them (and not high/low/off, based on a percentage invented by Slightly Mad Studios) on track is what real life GT3 cars have.
i am sure reiza devs knows this too and they wish they could have it in their sim, but i guess they can't do anything about it because of the madness engine.
many AMS2 players can find a way to make madness system to (kinda) work but needs a lot of effort, gives questionable results
and still IS NOT A SIMULATION of the real thing, not even close to it.

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
i know how TC works in real driving and in sims.

IMO is not a case of a nice way to assign presets. nice or not, specific numeric TC (and in many GT3 cars TC R + TC C) presets and the option of the driver to chose any of them (and not high/low/off, based on a percentage invented by Slightly Mad Studios) on track is what real life GT3 cars have.
i am sure reiza devs knows this too and they wish they could have it in their sim, but i guess they can't do anything about it because of the madness engine.
many AMS2 players can find a way to make madness system to (kinda) work but needs a lot of effort, gives questionable results
and still IS NOT A SIMULATION of the real thing, not even close to it.

sorry for my bad english

Slip ratio is not something invented by SMS, they are used by real-life traction control systems. And Reiza can do whatever they want, they have access the source code and support from SMS. Just because ACC masks it behind some abstract number and sells you some marketing babble about a realistic GT3 experience doesn't make it any more of a simulation. It might not be 100% accurate when compared to real-life GT3 cars, but it's a simulation of the same thing.

AMS2 is not a dedicated GT3 sim, every race car has slightly different electronics and they need to simulate 80+ of them using only one generic control system. That will inevitably lead to some oversimplification.

And Reiza can do whatever they want, they have access the source code and support from SMS
if they indeed can do whatever they want and they decided to leave the TC in the car's dashes showing a wrong number that make no sense, its bad IMO.
i did not mention ACC here. i mention real cars I have seen or driven myself in real life.
do you have any examble from a real-life traction control system using percentages for TC?
or maybe any other sim (builded on any different engine) that use that system?

AMS2 is not a dedicated GT3 sim, every race car has slightly different electronics and they need to simulate 80+ of them using only one generic control system. That will inevitably lead to some oversimplification.

i am very glad we agree on this!
although AFAIK a lot of NON dedicated GT3 sims have dashes with properly working info in their GT3 cars.
so, if its a matter of choice and not an engine restriction, as you said, lets hope to see AMS2 with one less "oversimplification"...

PS: info of the day: from 80plus cars in AMS2, only 18 have TC.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

problem is we setting for example 50% TC in car setup then how do i know if i shall use low or hight TC then? is low means i have 50% i set? and then high would be 100%? or hogh is 50% i set, and low then would be 25%? or even different numbers?
yes it s not gt3 only sim, but they could make it not off,low and high stages but lets say 0-10 for all cars, or name it otherswies like instead off,low, high, they could make it 0%, 10%, 20% - 100% etc and let us bind buttons to increase or decrease TC. it would be then simplified to 10% increments but still better than 3 stages wchich i dont know wchich im supposed to use, after all this years driving in pCARS2 i still dont know to use high or low TC, same for ABS

oh i remember what i was wondering too, if maybe TC off is always off, low is what we set up in car setup, and high would be arcadish TC then? i was wondering it too, they shall at least make in menu explanatiation for this if they not plan to change it.

another thing i remember now, its in gameplay menu same for pCARS2 and AMS2 we have car systems to use custem then we can choose stability control, TC and ABS, or always off, or authentic, i of course drive on authentic systems but i dont like each time i go into road cars in pcars2 i must turn off stability, i would like it to be to choose each one separately like, stability always off, tC authentic, ABS authentic. cause if i want stability to be always off, then i must choose TC and ABS to be always off or always on, and then i cant tell if car has in real life those systems as ford gt from 1966 i can then turn all systems in it, and it had none systems back then

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies