The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

AMS 2 simply needs to get out of "beta". A lot of the content is still not done... and too much PC2 bugs are still in it and very alive, just like the showstopper for me, that all players race in wrecks, once they did a repair or return into box from a crash. Also the range of popular vehicles is very poor. (No Ferraris, no Audi, no Aston Martin, no Honda, no Nissan not even simple modern VW or Renault Cup Cars, etc. Even an old Volkswagen MKII Golf 16V could raise the popularity. Just take a look at AC, where the simple Mazda MX5 and even the "overhyped" (Kansai Dorifto) but underperforming Toyota AE86 Trueno Sprinter is quite popular online to this day.

Also, I really hope for vintage classics like a 1974 or 1984 Porsche Carrera of any type and configuration in a DLC.

Last edited:
Very interesting this thread. I am also surprised by the low number of players online and I did not finish it or understand it. I will not go into the analysis, I just want to comment on my impression. I'm enjoying AMS2 a lot, apart from content, much better sim than PC1 and 2, it seems expensive to me but still worth it. Regards.

What? I have never seen a game of any kind get the amount of support AMS 2 has received! We received about 6 patches in a day and quite a few more in a week not long ago plus we are getting several updates a month to complement a major update each month.
Yeah AMS2 needs better and more frequent support:rolleyes:
While the Support is good, it is due to the fact that the Sim is simply not done and a work in progress... slow progress!

Last edited:
While the Support is good, it is due to the fact that the Sim is simply not done and a work in progress... slow progress!
Is any Sim actually ever done? How slow (glacial) is rF2 updated! If your unhappy or feel like AMS2 is to slow for you get a refund and move along, It will be your loss.

Personally I feel Reiza support AMS2 more and faster than any other dev team. It's not their fault the base they started with was so un finished. Point is, it is coming along very nicely and at a rather rapid rate. Anyone who thinks otherwise has an alternative agenda. Seems like the stupid my Sim is better than your aim argument that has and will forever dominant forums.

As for me, I have 1000 hours in rF2 500 in ACC and AC each, 400 in AMS2, 300 in R3E and AMS2 each and 300 in pC2 so I'm not really for one Sim more than another, I just want a Sim that does it all and as well as possible and if I can watch the development even better

< removed by mod > act is that its fecking unstable as hell when its comes to online racing, we proved that last sunday. The netcode is NR2003 like (for those that remember) and loads of people had join and staying joined issues. As I said, the core game is great, but it needs more support to make the online experience better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone can argue that the AMS2 netcode needs work. It's frustrating because my impression is that the PC2 netcode worked fine and at some point the situation wasn't quite this bad with AMS2 either. Hopefully once the current overhaul of physics and AI reaches a satisfactory point, they will address the multiplayer issues.

A lot of comments on here from non-premium members, which is a shame as I was going to invite those that said they are enjoying AMS 2 to come and try our AMS2 Club races on Tuesday nights.

If you are enjoying the sim and want to race other humans, go premium and come and join the fun!
I don't quite understand the pay to play theory here? Surely you get enough money from the constant intrusive ads ( I can't even click certain areas of this site because ads block buttons!) to not have to charge us Sim racers to have a community race.

Last edited:
What? I have never seen a game of any kind get the amount of support AMS 2 has received! We received about 6 patches in a day and quite a few more in a week not long ago plus we are getting several updates a month to complement a major update each month.
Yeah AMS2 needs better and more frequent support:rolleyes:

Yes that is what 90% and all share holders said about pCars as well

That it was simply better because it was updated a lot :rolleyes:

1611876372569.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't quite understand the pay to play theory here? Surely you get enough money from the constant intrusive ads ( I can't even click certain areas of this site because ads block buttons!) to not have to charge us Sim racers to have a community race.
Right, so as with so many people these days you expect something for nothing? Or for others to foot the bill for your activities?

Large communities with websites and forums cost money, which is why the vast majority of them feature ads. The ads help cover the cost of the servers hosting the community, the forum software which makes it all work, and the security which keeps it safe. None of that comes cheap.

In RD's case there are the extra costs of running high-speed online servers on which to host our clubs and leagues, hence RD charges a rather paltry fee for access to those races. If you honestly think that 3cents per day is too much for an online racing service that provides staff monitoring, a set of rules which ensure clean, fair racing, and an active, friendly bunch or racers to interact with during your hobby... then I don't know what to tell you. Have fun on your crash-fest public servers! :thumbsup:

Yes that is what 90% and all share holders said about pCars as well

That it was simply better because it was updated a lot :rolleyes:

View attachment 440300
But do you really think Reiza are like SMS and their controlling overlords Namco?
As we have seen R3E is still not even V1.0 after all these years yet Reiza get a hard time for updating a game that came to them in a (imo) pretty early basic build.
People seem to want to hate on Reiza and AMS2 just for the sake of it. So keep on enjoying hating on them and I'll be happily enjoying all their constant updates ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes