The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

Can any of those car mods be added to PCars2 or do you have to replace an existing car with the mod?, where are they? how are they installed?

in a tutorial I was reading I found:
"You need the latest "Bootfiles" activated"
what is a Bootfile? where is it located?

Last edited:
Can any of those car mods be added to PCars2 or do you have to replace an existing car with the mod?, where are they? how are they installed?

in a tutorial I was reading I found:
"You need the latest "Bootfiles" activated"
what is a Bootfile? where is it located?

No it doesnt remove a car. You do need the bootfiles to install the mods. It should be at the beginning of the mods section and if you google how to install them its pretty simple. There are lots of videos on how to do it.

Last edited:
Before somekind of mp rating system ams2 is nearly useless. Very litle fair racing like Acc high ranking servers.
Oh yes, that fantastic ACC safety rating. Get punted by another racer, and your score goes down. Other player uses you as a bumper to take a corner faster, and your score goes down. A player tries to pass where he has no business passing, taps you, and your score drops. Being penalized while also being taken out of a race. Not to mention the single player shenanigans from the AI that will plummet your score. I sure hope AMS2 emplements SA better than ACC.

Last edited:
Thank you @d69morpwr and @walken. I did not realized all those mods were available for PCars2, I will give them a shot.
Glad to have learned something new today. I guess it is only a question of time before we get some for AMS2, great news, looking forward to that.

Edit: apparently it looks like a Jaguar Is already available.
With modded cars and new ffb custom file PC2 may reserve some surprise. Happy to help you discover this feature! :)
ps: jaguar is for PC2, not for AMS2.

Last edited:
Is there a good guide to set up a Fanatec DD wheelbase? Custom presets? Where can I find all this?

VR-guide would be nice too.

Instal the latest 373 beta driver upgrade the firmware to latest version base and motor. Then instal the latest version from fanalab and from there you can select the recommended setting for the the game and start the game. For me this works really good for multiple games. You can find al info and downloads in this link:

Instal the latest 373 beta driver upgrade the firmware to latest version base and motor. Then instal the latest version from fanalab and from there you can select the recommended setting for the the game and start the game. For me this works really good for multiple games. You can find al info and downloads in this link:

Thanks, that I of course have. I was looking for community recommended setting and the custom flavor FFB file (like in PC2) and community VR settings. There are super long threads on these topics on the AMS forums, but I thought someone might have been able to give quick info.

If all the guys commenting on this thread would join us on a Tuesday night for the AMS2 club, just think of the grid sizes and the racing we could all enjoy... but many of you here aren't even RD Premium members. If you want to join a close community and experience fun racing in AMS2, the door is open.

When this thread started in June, a lot were saying: wait, the numbers will grow as people will realize how great this new title really is.
We are at the beginning of 2021, attendance numbers are still low, although the game offers everyone’s favorite, GT3 at Spa.
What does AMS2 needs now to get momentum?

Last edited:
It needs at least another year of development at their current rate to polish and get rid of all the PCars quirks, sort out the physics/ffb across the board, add/enable more features, more cars in each class - i.e four GT3s is not enough to compete with every other title and multiclass racing with random obscure classes is not enough to sell this title either.

The other problem is that most have already invested time and money in other sims so why would they change to AMS2, what can AMS2 actually provide that others don't - apart from Brazilian and historic content (which is great) there's nothing new. If they want to beat the competition they need to get better than them.

IMO a lot of people want to race the series that they follow IRL so anything GT3 related it's AC/ACC/RRE/rF2, WEC/IMSA it's AC/rFactor 2/iRacing, Formula 1 it's F1 2020, Rally it's DR2/WRC, if you want to mess with street cars it's AC and for Brazilian series and historics it's Automobilista 1/2.
So, unless they either flesh out their GT3s significantly, add WEC/IMSA content or official F1 content (not likely) then they're not going to draw all those people in with a handful of content from each.

AMS2 has bags of potential but I'm not sure if the one sim fits all is going to work and also don't think Brazilian and historic content will bring the masses either.

Just my twopence worth although despite that, for me, it's still a lot of fun but it doesn't stop me going back to the others to get my specific fix more often than not.

Last edited:

Been months since I looked at the numbers. AMS2 is definitely replacing AMS original and doing better than AMS original ever did. AMS2 is even outpacing Project CARS 3 (yes, PCARS 3 is that bad!).

The year of COVID has definitely increased players of all racing titles, with F1 2020, AC, & ACC taking the lion's share. Raceroom & rF2 continue their equal shares.

So what would it take at this point? All the titles appear to have maintained their relative positions to each other despite increasing number of players, so each title is back to poaching players from another title. And that requires something different than what any single title is currently doing or else we would have seen a shift in the balance.

rF2, Raceroom, & iRacing are all pushing online competitions, which has probably helped the genre overall, but certainly is not shifting the balance. Is social media why AC, an outdated title not even marketed, is second only to F1 2020?

is social media why AC, an outdated title not even marketed, is second only to F1 2020?

Social Media? I do not think so, it is just that AC offers a lot,
Not sure what you mean by outdated, outdated how? The graphic are amazing, the content is amazing, their is no other title offering anything that you cannot do in AC, on any aspect, VR, FFB, Physic, Content, both cars and tracks, championship, online.
I still play AC way more than all the other titles put together, even if I appreciate most of the other suspects.
But this is off topic, the challenge is what need to happen for AMS2 to get traction, It looks to me that it has a lot to offer, but still not popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back