The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

• Deleted member 197115

With name like that, why not?
Sorry, somehow it was funny considering context.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if AMS 2 is not following rFactor 2's path of being a technically superior sim suited for hardcore sim racers but with little mass appeal?

1599834022986.png

I am worried that Reiza Studios will have issues recouping their investment on the long term.

Maybe, I just took a snapshot at a wrong time of the day...

I hope I did.

Perhaps more relevant would be to look at Project CARS 2, which peaked at 4500 concurrent players in July 2019 and still has around a 1000 players on average. With more mainstream content coming out this year, an improved multiplayer model with a ranking/safety rating system, and fixes to some remaining issues in the physics model, I could see AMS2 taking over the mantle from PC2 in the future. I doubt it will ever challenge the dominance of ACC for the "GT3s at Spa" -crowd, but that sim also took a few years to get to where it is today.

The last few weeks have seen a kind of resurgence where sim racing "influencers" who have previously written off the sim are revisiting it and finding that many of their previous complaints have now been addressed. GamerMuscle for example has been running subscriber races in the last few days and they've mostly been good fun with no major issues as far as I could tell.

I don't believe there is anything to be concerned about with regard to AMS2' future.
I know like many others, I fire it up every few weeks to see where the status of things are.
I do the same with RF2 as well and that is supposed to be the king of physics.
About the only title I regularly run online is ACC.
I know at some point Reiza will get the features I like implemented.
I'll run it more when that happens.

Reiza have confirmed they will eventually support modding, but at the moment it would prevent them fixing bugs.
I fail to see how removing CRC checks and allowing the community access to game files would prevent them from doing anything, to be honest. It might mean certain things can be temporarily fixed while we wait for official patches, which is hardly a bad thing. Sure, the community would likely have to keep updating it's mods every patch as things change, but that's part and parcel of modding.

within a week the same tools would be used to rip all PC2 content and port it to AMS2

content from PC2 is already being used in other titles, so the issue is not to take it out of PC2, it is how to put (or any other content) in AMS2.
Despite some urban legend, AMS2 will never be modeable, beside skins, the same way modeable SIM, like, rf, rf2, ams, ac, are.
If Reiza had wanted AMS2 to be that way they would not have chosen SMS engine.

physics are average, content is meh

therefore numbers are low, it's not hard to work out
Physics is car dependent, and subjective to an extent.

Content:
93 cars, 100 tracks, 3 championships, race, time trials, practice, and online. Cars, tracks, etc. constantly being add. Darn near nothing to do ;).

Roadmap:
1603217628211.png

Last edited:
content from PC2 is already being used in other titles, so the issue is not to take it out of PC2, it is how to put (or any other content) in AMS2.
Despite some urban legend, AMS2 will never be modeable, beside skins, the same way modeable SIM, like, rf, rf2, ams, ac, are.
If Reiza had wanted AMS2 to be that way they would not have chosen SMS engine.

Why PCARS2 has mods and so will AMS2. Dont know why you think PCARS2 isnt moddable.

I have AMS2 but rarely plays it because I don't really fond of the cars available atm. Yes they drive fantastic but the car models especially the ones coming straight from AMS1 are not something to be desired for. I love the Mini, on the other hand, I always find BMW Procar is rather boring visually.

I suppose the number of users doesn't reflect how many people who actually purchased AMS2, and let's hope with more popular contents coming this end of October and beyond, the number of users will grow significantly.

Sure it is, name 5 cars and 5 tracks added to PCars2 in the last 3 years to your moddable PCars2.
Porsche 919, 992, Lancia Delta Integrale, BMW Electric, Ferrari Monza just 5 new cars in last months. Here on RD. More than 70 new cars added to pc2.... tracks are a big trouble, yes, but for cars lot of models already created.... give a try to pc2 modding thread....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies