Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC RaceDepartment.com 1.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 2.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 3.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 4.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 5.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 6.jpg
Catch part two of our exclusive Assetto Corsa Competizione interview with Marco Massarutto and Ste'fano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni...

Causing a mass panic of excitement from the sim racing community following the announcement back on February 21st, it is probably fair to say plenty of people are excited for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and with a potential Early Access release coming to Steam this summer, we answered the community call and sat down with two of the men behind the simulation - Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo, founding members of Italian development studio Kunos Simulazioni.

If you are interested in learning more of about the official racing simulation of the Blancpain GT Series, check out part 2 of our exclusive interview at the head of this article.

If you missed it earlier, part one can be viewed HERE. Oh and please consider doing us a favour by subscribing to our YouTube channel if you enjoyed this coverage and are looking forward to more of the same in the years ahead...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Enjoy the interview? Looking forward to ACC? Learn anything new? Leave a comment below (and subscribe to our YouTube page too!)

Last edited:
Best would be make it scalable ... if you have HW to run more, have fun with bigger field .. I don`t have gaming designated PC but my workstation will certainly handle more AI cars as my old PC with i5 2500K didnt have issues with ammount of AI AC offered (so I guess 50 shouldnt be issue for last gen i7).. R3E just warns you that if you use more AI than your PC can handle you might have performance issues .. that works for me just fine ..

Best would be make it scalable ... if you have HW to run more, have fun with bigger field .. I don`t have gaming designated PC but my workstation will certainly handle more AI cars as my old PC with i5 2500K didnt have issues with ammount of AI AC offered (so I guess 50 shouldnt be issue for last gen i7).. R3E just warns you that if you use more AI than your PC can handle you might have performance issues .. that works for me just fine ..

not really a solution. You leave that option open and people will try to run 50 cars on a 486 and then claim the game is unfinished because they can't. :D :D

Also, whatever number you'll put in there, somebody will complain because to be "proper" they "need" that number +1 :p

It's simply a battle that can't be won.. the bright side is that now nayasayers have some drum to beat so they are crawling out of their holes... look out. :D

As usual we'll make the best we can, if that's good enough fine, if it's not, fine anyway, we'll be sleeping without problems knowing we gave 120%.

After watching the interview I'm more convinced that this is a wrong move from Kunos!
Starting with the reason behind ACC creation based on a "personal revenge" quoted by Massarutto himself!
I think they are going to split their followers more then attract new gamers because most of what they are promissing for ACC already exists in PCars or other similar titles.
Wish them all the best but all I can see at the moment is they are abandoning their successful path!

It seems not as RD have decided it's worth giving an early work in progress so much airtime. I agree on one point though, none of these words mean much until we see something in early access.

Kunos certrainly don't like being reminded of their unfinished work and broken promises and it does upset their fans so.

Honestly, ACC is the most exciting thing among simracing titles right now, if you are able to look past "just GT3". Fanboy or not, Kunos is setting up to push simracing further (again),
and I personally have a lot more trust in what comes from them than everybody else.

not really a solution. You leave that option open and people will try to run 50 cars on a 486 and then claim the game is unfinished because they can't. :D :D

Also, whatever number you'll put in there, somebody will complain because to be "proper" they "need" that number +1 :p

It's simply a battle that can't be won.. the bright side is that now nayasayers have some drum to beat so they are crawling out of their holes... look out. :D

As usual we'll make the best we can, if that's good enough fine, if it's not, fine anyway, we'll be sleeping without problems knowing we gave 120%.

And you feed their need to circle jerk by actually giving them material to complain about.

You skip all the other comments and only respond to negative ones.

Damn, what is wrong on these days? Kunos is promised many requested features to ACC and many more, but still people complain and want more and more. Aaarghhh... :mad:

Last edited:
Damn, what is wrong on these days? Kunos is promised many requested features to ACC and many more, but still people still complain and want more and more. Aaarghhh... :mad:

...same kind of comment people did when AC was released with nothing but lotus cars and 3 tracks!
By that time I was already thinking about F1 cars implementation and people like you would say how is that possible?? Thats never going to happen...etc.
Kunos better use ACC as the new AC2 or it will be a failure in my honest opinion!

...same kind of comment people did when AC was released with nothing but lotus cars and 3 tracks!
By that time I was already thinking about F1 cars implementation and people like you would say how is that possible?? Thats never going to happen...etc.
Kunos better use ACC as the new AC2 or it will be a failure in my honest opinion!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rolleyes:

When it was first released many of us played AC for a while and abandoned it until a good variety of Mods and DLCs started to be released. Therefore restricting the style of racing series and not supporting Mods it's going to be like shooting on their foot if they abandon AC development for good.
...but again..
just my opinion!

When it was first released many of us played AC for a while and abandoned it until a good variety of Mods and DLCs started to be released. Therefore restricting the style of racing series and not supporting Mods it's going to be like shooting on their foot if they abandon AC development for good.
...but again..
just my opinion!

WTH are you talking about?

well I didn`t mean no limit at all .. just lower number for slower CPUs and higher (50 or so) for HW that can handle it ..but as I said before since it is single class series 30 is not terrible number anyway .. :) ..

Not easy task you have .. with all those expectations and wishes after AC .. best luck to you all ..

In MGS3 there is a boss fight where you need to walk past all the NPCs youve killed in the game.
Its extremely heavy like Furmark making the system throttle down the clocks.

In ACC championships final race they should add an AI for every contact youve made with another car.

Damn, what is wrong on these days? Kunos is promised many requested features to ACC and many more, but still people still complain and want more and more. Aaarghhh... :mad:

Actually besides graphics and finetuning of features, ACC has not shown any groundbreaking new features. Dry/wet line, marbles, grip levels, save feature, 24H, full day/night, AI with different talent, GTR2 has done it.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to ACC.

...but again..
just my opinion!
That's garbage dude. 600k+ Steam users have AC. http://steamspy.com/app/244210

Most downloaded mod track in RD (Donington Park v 1.15) downloaded 42k times.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/history

Most downloaded mod car in RD (Mazda 787B v. 1.4) downloaded 53k times.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-787b.4608/history

Downloading mods is a small circle thing.

There can be quality, that makes up for the lack of quantity. Which I think will happen with ACC. For example DCS Black Shark 2 costs more than entire AC and simulates just one heli (Ka-50). People aren't crying that it needs more helis.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of promises, hopefully they can deliver at least half of them :D
Hope that this will also push iRacing guys to work their butt's off to get more features out, not only new cars/tracks.
Only dissapointing thing seems to be limited cars..

I will wait for Kunos to launch the game in Early Access to give feedback, being suggestion and or criticism. It is in some ways even unfair to Kunos or with which company to criticize or to make requests being that it is using a third-party Engine for the first time and somehow learning how to use it. There is no way to please everyone it is inevitable but particularly the use of Unreal many of the features that we would like the AC had will be present. Putting it on the balance I hope that Kunos succeeds even with somehow impossibility of mods at least at the moment or about the amount of AI's present during the race. I see this ACC game if successful as something bigger than Kunos may come in the future, it's too early to judge

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back