The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

Spoiler from part 2. I asked if super hardcore features like gravel traps that you can get stuck in will come to ACC. Marco responded something like "would you really want to get stuck in the gravel after 23 1/2 hours of racing".

My response:

Perfect answer :D
Had technical failures ending good races many times when playing the Grand Prix series, so I certainly wouldn't mind something like getting stuck in gravel traps.

Perfect answer :D
Had technical failures ending good races many times when playing the Grand Prix series, so I certainly wouldn't mind something like getting stuck in gravel traps.

I love that sort of thing, super serious and hard core all the way!

What I do is make myself a promise that if I crash I have to log off, leave the rig and go do something I don't want to do. This way it really ramps up the pressure and stops me doing stupid "gamey" type actions that spoil races.

Sim racing for me is the realistic alternative to doing real world racing. So the more real I can get it, the happier I am..

Bit much pointless bla bla, no real info so far :roflmao:

Like: how does the driver swap system work in ACC?
Can you set the time for endurance races yourself or are you limited to the real world distances?
:cool:

If nobody asked these elementary questions Imma quit reading RD :roflmao:

Not to be negative, but some of the stuff asked has been already confirmed in previous posts here and on the AC forum. I really hope the second part focus a little more on the actual game and its features. The game is called Competizione, so i'd expect more info about competitions: from telemetry data to ranking, leagues and multiplayer in general.

Not to be negative, but some of the stuff asked has been already confirmed in previous posts here and on the AC forum. I really hope the second part focus a little more on the actual game and its features. The game is called Competizione, so i'd expect more info about competitions: from telemetry data to ranking, leagues and multiplayer in general.

That is the other 45 minutes of interview in part 2 ;)

Don't forget too (not you specifically @BhZ, just in general) this interview isn't going to be a "will it have this, will it have that" type of talk. These questions are the ones raised by the community too don't forget! lol

@Paul Jeffrey nice interview. Thoroughly enjoyed it. When can we expect part 2? Loving the question on gravel traps. Did you ask about damage/accident realism?

Thanks man!

Actually didn't ask about damage on this interview as it is a little too early into development to go into that sort of level. However nothing stopping us from doing another one just before early access lands ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%