The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

I love that sort of thing, super serious and hard core all the way!

What I do is make myself a promise that if I crash I have to log off, leave the rig and go do something I don't want to do. This way it really ramps up the pressure and stops me doing stupid "gamey" type actions that spoil races.

Sim racing for me is the realistic alternative to doing real world racing. So the more real I can get it, the happier I am..

Lots of people do that Paul.... It's called rage quiting :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::cool:

I agree w/ Vern, damage/accident realism, it is as important as gravel traps -- make a mistake = pay for it - the question should be asked as to what are their intention ?

This is the perfect way to word the question.

I'm a little worried that they haven't already mentioned it though as if it was an overhaul I'm sure it would have been a main talking point .

Oh and part 2 comes after this thread reaches 200 comments, or 10k views on the video.. whichever comes first :p

DONT FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE :cool::p:inlove::)
Gonna watch the interview in a few minutes after breakfast while slurping my second coffee :D
Second comment with feedback is going to come after finishing it.
Oh maybe another post in the middle. Maybe even split every sentence without doing double posts?
Heck, I'll just edit the post counter *evil laugh*

*crying* it's not possible to edit post counters don't worry :(

Nah, I think he's without hope. After all these years and interviews he still can't pronounce correctly "Stefano". :D

hahaha.. I've never met an English guy that could honestly... :p They just think hey, it's Italian, it must be Stefa'no , it doesn't matter how many times I told them it's Ste'fano. I mean , English speaking people still think Ricciardo is pronounced Rikkardo :D .. including Ricciardo himself! :D :D

Last edited:
Thanks for this interview. Absolutely worth watching. Now do some hotlapping in the 'original AC - the first' and then this afternoon part 2. Right? Great times for simracers!

I know a lot of Italians because of the international companies I worked for. Often their lips move but we can't hear what they're saying*. And my Italian colleagues think the same about me:laugh:;).
Stefano,Marco :thumbsup:

* Know your classics

Last edited:
Thanks for the interview Paul & Kunos, watched it late last night so was sleepy but my ears lit up when I heard the bit about Visual Tire Flex...one of those little things that makes everything!

Looking forward to the 2nd part.

Hyped for all the new features. However I fear the time I have to spend on making setups and testing for both rain and day thinking of all the different strategies... Gonna be hard attending some real races in leagues unless you have a team of good setup makers.

Well...........what can I say but "take my money Kunos":D I'm pumped over this release and Paul's interview with Stefano & Marco is more proof that Kunos know there stuff, looking forward to Pt2 of the interview and hearing about VR implementation etc:thumbsup:

Thanks for the interview Paul & Kunos, watched it late last night so was sleepy but my ears lit up when I heard the bit about Visual Tire Flex...one of those little things that makes everything!

Looking forward to the 2nd part.
to be fair that and the fact they're doing th 2019 season to were the only things that did grab my attention.. I like the Kunos guys, but as already said a lot of it we already know.

Also why are we in 2018 worrying about using windows 7 ffs! who cares and linux lol

Great interview guys!
I can listen to Ste'fano all day: "What iz appining is.." :thumbsup:

Also, I'm I the only one that has the most trouble understanding Paul's accent? :roflmao:
Those words ending man...Unreal Furrrr, Motorspurrr.... :D:D
Great stuff Paul, thanks for being such an ace for the community, and to RD as well!

you sure? grass and gravel are just tarmac with different grip when it comes to physics as far as I know

Grass and sand/gravel has a damping factor that slows down the car, tarmac has this value at zero.

hahaha.. I've never met an English guy that could honestly... :p They just think hey, it's Italian, it must be Stefa'no , it doesn't matter how many times I told them it's Ste'fano. I mean , English speaking people still think Ricciardo is pronounced Rikkardo :D .. including Ricciardo himself! :D :D

I wouldn't laugh too much about foreign names pronunciation.. We'll talk about that later :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.