The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

When that statistic even mentions that 7% still use XP...What's wrong with people?
Those usually are old systems, sometimes with soft- or hardware that doesn't run any more on Win7, but it's still necessary to work.

Just FYI:
I'm on Win10 on my main PC.
Still on Win7 on my laptop, but mainly cause I'm too lazy to update it. Currently it works just fine, so I might update if I have some time on my hand and am in a good mood.

cant expect a developer to support a 9 year old OS!! lol
i wouldn’t bother if i was them..

Why would you arbitrarily limit your user base?
You think you're sticking it to them but, in reality, you are sticking into yourself by selling less copies.

I would never personally run W7 but, if I can support it with no effort in my software I don't care what people want to run on their PCs.

Games have always pushed the graphical market, and people find it normal they have to upgrade their GPU's every few years to keep on playing the new games coming out.

Why do they feel like the complete opposite should be true for their OS?

Explain me that from a designer and consumer perspective if you could, cause it doesn't make any sense to me.

I usually don't update to new Win for the first 12 month of a release because of bug fixing, then I see what ppl. think of it and what problems there are.

But there is also the need to adjust to a new OS in the beginning which many ppl. don't like to do, especially those that aren't tech-savvy.
Both my parents are still on Win7 and I'm reluctant to update them to Win10 just cause I know how much work that will mean for me cause they won't find their need stuff anymore. As long as their pc's run fine I'm not touching their OS.

In the process of updating my pc from i7-920 to Ryzen 5 hexacore I went ahead with a clean OS re-install and ofc picked Win10, why shouldn't I?
But I would have stayed at Win7 if I hadn't upgraded my pc until there would have been a need for a reinstall.

Games have always pushed the graphical market, and people find it normal they have to upgrade their GPU's every few years to keep on playing the new games coming out.

Explain me that from a designer and consumer perspective if you could, cause it doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't think that anyone dares explaining, without touching a nerve somewhere. Shitstorm could be incoming.
A mild guess is that OS is something you want stable, if it works don't fix it. If you need more power to run something, you buy a new GPU to add on your "stable" system.
There could be something about economics and not wanting to support MS each time they say jump, but I'm not getting into that discussion.

Spoiler from part 2. I asked if super hardcore features like gravel traps that you can get stuck in will come to ACC. Marco responded something like "would you really want to get stuck in the gravel after 23 1/2 hours of racing".

Does it end endurance races IRL ? Can't they be towed out and continue if car is still good to use ?

In AC it can already be done by making damping very strong (not exactly realistic, but can make the car stuck), also low cars would suffer a lot even by default, such as Jordan F1 mod.

Why would you arbitrarily limit your user base?
You think you're sticking it to them but, in reality, you are sticking into yourself by selling less copies.

I would never personally run W7 but, if I can support it with no effort in my software I don't care what people want to run on their PCs.
thats what i obviously meant.

If it works then cool, but your not going to go out of your way to make it work with Win7 are you?

You know that the tech beneath Win 7, 8 and 10 isn't really that different?
Quite often you get the same driver package for all 3 OS version from manufacturers even, but it's not uncommon for older Win7 only drivers also to work on the newer ones.

The big change was from XP to Win 7 where there was a significant differences in the base of the OS.
Win 8 and 10 have been more about features and optimizations rather than being ground breaking.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back