Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Did a quick test with latest simtools version 2.4 RC14 with all three servomotors powerered, and the foldback setup as traction loss...

Setup of the AMC-AASD15A servo controller on Simtools is very easy:

Thanks
Thanos

The new one, your hand held as shown in the pic which is NOT belt driven, is it designed for push-pull, right?

Also, for 300mm stoke one, what is minimum height required from floor to ceiling for 6dof platform as shown (if I use VR set only, no monitors)?
Hi, Joe, they are many options to determine the totally height of the 6dof, but, for one person seat mover 6dof, we most put half meters to bring in design, cause too much tall and low will cause inconvinent for the rigs.

The new one, your hand held as shown in the pic which is NOT belt driven, is it designed for push-pull, right?

Also, for 300mm stoke one, what is minimum height required from floor to ceiling for 6dof platform as shown (if I use VR set only, no monitors)?
Here is one of the most classical 6dof for civilian and commercial actuator, you can check the dimensions by pdf.

Attachments

• PT2510Z300-MGPL6-WX-Model(4).pdf
    85.7 KB · Views: 391
page-6
Here is one of the most classical 6dof for civilian and commercial actuator, you can check the dimensions by pdf.

It is too tall for my basement, with very little margin I am afraid.

Can you make a low profile frame like this:

for new light “direct drive” actuators (not the belt driven ones):

mmexport1559223112537-jpg.308261

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-servo-motion-controller-thread.168360/page-6

page-6

The AMC-AASD15A servo controller has inputs for use with e-stop button and multi-function switches.

The functions that are covered are:
- Manual switch between park and standby positions using push button.
- E-stop by using a locking type emergency button/switch.
- Force Offline mode, to pause motion during game. This needs a normal switch.

AMC-AASD15A park-standby-emergency-force-offline diagram.jpg

In other news, most of the beta testers already received their AMC controllers and successfully hooked up their SFX100 actuators for manual testing. Preparing for testing with Simtools and various games...

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Regarding the use of E-STOP, when the servo is disabled the actuators may drift from current position because of the load on the platform. So I make sure everytime the e-stop is disengaged to perform calibration of the actuators to prevent mechanical damage from losing track of the position index.

Overall its the safest way to use e-stop!

Thanks
Thanos

Other than having more specific axis assignments to the AMC AASD15A unit are there any other changes that would affect use in simtools?

Not really, has same data format as all other AMC interface plugins, and same performance.

But its easier to use that specific name to describe in the manual instead of mentioning some other interface plugin that possibly doesn't mean anything to new users and might confuse them. Also removed the 8th actuator output that is not used in the AMC-AASD15A controller (has max 7 actuators)...

Thanks
Thanos

Is it for all AMC controllers?

Yes, It will allow to change the most common parameters on all AMC controllers, that are related with motion control setup, like number of motors, park, standby and kill switch functionality.

I'll perhaps limit the access to other parameters (Stroke, screw lead, etc for the AMC-AASD15) to only be accessible via the LCD menu, as they don't meant to change often, only once.

New Firmware that will allow this remote access will be released for all AMC controllers soon (4 different types).

Thanks
Thanos

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 121 69.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 35 20.2%