Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Hi Yunus,

As In said in Discord channel, please be patient. Support for custom servo models is possible, but I'll need to look at it when I have some spare time, too busy right now wrapping ends.

Can you send me the pdf manual of the servo drive at least on my email so I won't get frustrated looking for it. You will have to also enter parameters in the drive, not only wire it correctly. I'll check both for you.

Thanks
Thanos
Hi Thanos,
Thank you for your interest.
My servo Drive is SG-AS Series Ac Servo Drive (SGAS15AF)
Link to the pdf manual of the servo drive: https://www.sahinrulman.com/site/im...SG-AS-AF-SERVO-DRIVER-USER-MANUAL-KATALOG.pdf
I also sent the pdf file to your email.
Best regards.

Dorna M1 servo are verified to work now.

Here is updated documentation on the wiring and parameters needed:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/DornaM1_interface

Wiring_AMC-AASD-15A_to_Dorna_sm.jpg

I'll share here video of the platform that has these Dorna M1 servos soon.

Thanks
Thanos

As promised, below are photos and videos of the 3DOF platform that uses Dorna M1 servos.

ugVZHZv.jpg

image0.jpg

Still need some fine tuning but its very good for a small VR platform... the actuators are 200mm stroke btw...

In case you want to read more about it google "xsimulator Modifying Chinese 3DOF Arcade VR Simulator to Run Standard PC Games"

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
I've been using the Thanos controller for my SFX-100 build. It works great, and interfaces easily with Simtools. Here's a few tests I've run. The first video is the button test on the controller itself that shows the full range of motion (note: speed is at 60% of maximum). The second video shows the controllers running via Simtools and Project Cars 2. Here, I've set the range of motion to be much-reduced, for testing purposes. This shows the entire control chain working from the sim all the way to the actuators. Truly plug-n-play, I didn't have to do any wiring at all here.

Last edited:
I've been using the Thanos controller for my SFX-100 build. It works great, and interfaces easily with Simtools. Here's a few tests I've run. The first video is the button test on the controller itself that shows the full range of motion (note: speed is at 60% of maximum). The second video shows the controllers running via Simtools and Project Cars 2. Here, I've set the range of motion to be much-reduced, for testing purposes. This shows the entire control chain working from the sim all the way to the actuators. Truly plug-n-play, I didn't have to do any wiring at all here.

That looks great! Have you also ran them using SimFeedback? Can you comment on the difference in motion feeling between SimTools and SimFeedback?

I’m currently using SimFeedback with my 4x SFX100 actuators and it feels great, but since I’ll soon be receiving an active harness tensioner and g-seat panels that both use SimTools, I will have to use SFB and SimTools simultaneously, this can be tricky I’ve heard with some titles. Maybe I should consider switching to SimTools all together and hope Thanos’s controller is available? But I would like to know if and what the difference in motion capabilities are between the two softwares.

That looks great! Have you also ran them using SimFeedback? Can you comment on the difference in motion feeling between SimTools and SimFeedback?

I’m currently using SimFeedback with my 4x SFX100 actuators and it feels great, but since I’ll soon be receiving an active harness tensioner and g-seat panels that both use SimTools, I will have to use SFB and SimTools simultaneously, this can be tricky I’ve heard with some titles. Maybe I should consider switching to SimTools all together and hope Thanos’s controller is available? But I would like to know if and what the difference in motion capabilities are between the two softwares.

Here is a early motion comparison between simtools and simfeedback... a better one will be made soon...

Simfeedback on the bottom, Simtools on top

@Hugo B I haven't had a chance to get more seat time after making the video comparison above but will do a new one using Premiere to get rid of that stupid watermark (that filmora only tells you about when you finish everything and export lol). The setup process is a little less immediately intuitive with SimTools but once you have the hang of it I find myself definitely favouring it over Simfeedback. I have noted that Simfeedback pulls through more surface detail but I compensate for that via the tactile transducers on my rig. I will try to tune the profiles to be as similar as possible on the next video .

Hi Thanos. Great work! It looks like I will be a customer very soon. I am curious what the max length servo travel we can get with the AASD15A, the standard 2500 ppr encoders on these servos, and your controller.

Hi Thanos. Great work! It looks like I will be a customer very soon. I am curious what the max length servo travel we can get with the AASD15A, the standard 2500 ppr encoders on these servos, and your controller.

Max stroke you can define in the current firmware is 400mm on a 5mm/rev leadscrew or 800mm on a 10mm/rev leadscrew...

But If more stroke is needed, it can do up to 1200mm without scaling.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Fast reply!
Good to know, thanks. Wow that's a lot of travel! Does that mean 1200mm per axis for up to 7 axis(including the manually wired one)?
Is that possibility something that will be added in a future update?

Sorry, I like to tinker...

I'm guessing maximum travel is a function of the ball screw and housing your choose. The SFX-100 is designed for 100mm of travel, though the physical ball screw + extrusion will allow 110mm. Thano's controller lets you set a 110mm stroke. 10% greater range, for free!

Last edited:
I'm guessing maximum travel is a function of the ball screw and housing your choose. The SFX-100 is designed for 100mm of travel, though the physical ball screw + extrusion will allow 110mm. Thano's controller lets you set a 110mm stroke. 10% greater range, for free!

Actually the AMC is counting and keeping track of all the pulses from the encoder to know exactly what position you are at for any given moment. That means there will be a software limit to how many pulses can be accounted for. That is why you input the details of your stroke and pitch into the AMC.
Thanos do you also have an input for different encoder resolutions?

Actually the AMC is counting and keeping track of all the pulses from the encoder to know exactly what position you are at for any given moment. That means there will be a software limit to how many pulses can be accounted for. That is why you input the details of your stroke and pitch into the AMC.
Thanos do you also have an input for different encoder resolutions?

If you have different encoder resolutions on your servos you could adjust the "electronic gear" ratio parameter in the servo drive to still get correct stroke travel, so when you do a revolution it will advance 5mm correctly (if using 5mm/rev leadscrew).

Which servomotor is that? And with what servo drive?? Its not a AASD-15A??

Thanks
Thanos

Fast reply!
Good to know, thanks. Wow that's a lot of travel! Does that mean 1200mm per axis for up to 7 axis(including the manually wired one)?
Is that possibility something that will be added in a future update?

Sorry, I like to tinker...

Yes, its 1200mm per axis !!! not combined... lol

I'll modify this soon in next firmware release. Just busy at the moment

Thanks for pointing this out... I remember there were some users requesting if the SFX100 could have 150mm stroke mechanically but the simfeedback didn't support more than 100mm...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back