Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Test event for using Emperor Server Manager on our AVON servers.
This event is to see if everything goes smoothly using this new manager.

Just testing the same functionality as we have now. Therefore known cars on a nice track that I'n planning to use in the near future with classic cars. So also an opportunity to learn the track.

THERE'S NO REGISTRATION IN ADVANCE. LOOK BELOW HOW TO SIGN UP!

1200px-Snetterton_2011_300_annotated.svg.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Post in this thread WITH YOUR CHOICE OF CAR to get a PM for the password for the practice AND the race server.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #1 RaceDepartment(Available throughout the race week) Password: will be sent via PM
  • Race server: #1 Racedepartment Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Snetterton, UK
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Guys, if you want to pick a livery, please let me know which one and with your steamId via a PM.

Last edited:
Hi Han,
My local track so would be rude not to have a go!:)

Abarth 494 please and the password if it has changed.

There is another version of this track and in my opinion a better representation with more contour and detail ( I have ridden bikes around here many times) but I'm not sure if it's legal/moral/acceptable?
It's a reboot track on the Austrailian assetto mods website.

Some other trivia from the back of my memory bank :rolleyes: .

It's very flat here and Snetterton was built as an RAF airfield, designated for use by the 96th United States Air Force Bomber Group between May 1943 and November 1948. The circuit itself was created in 1951 from the network of remaining runways and its first race event was held in the same year by the Aston Martin Owner's Club.

The circuit configuration has changed several times during Snetterton's 60-year history. In the 1960s and early 70s it was 2.7 miles in length and a large section ran almost adjacent to the A11 road, before a sharp hairpin turn and a long run back to what are now the Brundle and Nelson corners.

One Ayrton Senna de Silva lived locally when he first came to the UK and drove for the Van Dieman Formula Ford factory, based just over the road from the circuit entrance. He and Martin Brundle (another local driver) had a close battle for the 1983 F3 championship.

The Lotus factory is close by as was the Lotus F1 team headquarters at Ketteringham Hall.

When the original circuit was used with the long straight alongside the main road, world motorcycle champion Barry Sheene had a scary moment in testing when a mechanic forgot to secure the front brake pads in the caliper. When Barry applied the brakes hard for the first time, the pads shot out and Barry and the works Suzuki ended up in the car park of the Little Chef roadside restaurant !! :confused: .

Looking forward to some testing on Monday.

Last edited:
There is another version of this track and in my opinion a better representation with more contour and detail ( I have ridden bikes around here many times) but I'm not sure if it's legal/moral/acceptable?
It's a reboot track on the Austrailian assetto mods website.
I've raced that one Steve, it's a terrific mod :thumbsup: The camber through Bolt Hole(? - the long right before tight left onto start finish straight) is spot on.

...and what a great post:inlove:

Last edited:
Hey Paul, that was an excellent local history lesson on Snetterton. Some really great stories there mate. I redownloaded the reboot track which i deleted thinking this later track would be better. It won't hurt to have both.. Was going to rest up this evening to prepare for the nightmare tomorrow but hey, sign me up please Han. The usual roller skate please.

I can’t find the 2017 reboot track on RD so it looks like we will be using the 2011 version for the time being.:( A pity because the 2017 version is so much more detailed and lifelike and without the bleached surface.

I can’t find the 2017 reboot track on RD so it looks like we will be using the 2011 version for the time being.:( A pity because the 2017 version is so much more detailed and lifelike and without the bleached surface.
Maybe you can ask the modder to upload it on RaceDepartment?

That's a great overview and very helpful for me but I can't find the 2017 version of Snetterton in it.

That's a great overview and very helpful for me but I can't find the 2017 version of Snetterton in it.
Hi Han, when you see the list you will be amazed how complete it is.
Bottom of page, you will find the different type of tracks. Press real as an example and all should be revealed

Ah, now I see it. But it's not on RaceDepartment so I don't know if it's allowed.
I will ask it in the staff.

Last edited:
I'll take the black no 24 Mx5 please. Think I should be able to make it, but there's a chance I might not.

Also, if we're doing more test races not on S.GP (does that mean 24hr cycles are possible?) Maybe a mx5 v abarth Rolex 24hr (1hr speed up time) could be fun. And/or something with that alfa GTAm here on RD. Just my two cents :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.