Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 2021

New version 11.4 is here.

It took bit longer than anticipated to get it out of the door.

Notable additions
  • rFactor 2 support. Most stuff works, some like race history saving not yet. You have to take the 'TelemetryToolPlugin.dll' and put it into rFactor2's 64bit plugin directory in order to use it. The output for TM SF1000 works like with other games. See the help for that.
  • AMS2
    • New Shmem Relay, if you use AMS2, update the AMS2 relay from the bin directory
    • New...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reaching out here. If anyone has access to the early release/beta of F1 22, please let me know.

I have a version, which should work with F1 22, but as I don't have access to beta, I cannot test it. So if there is someone with access to F1 22, I can provide a beta version of the upcoming Telemetry Tool for testing purposes.

Reaching out here. If anyone has access to the early release/beta of F1 22, please let me know.

I have a version, which should work with F1 22, but as I don't have access to beta, I cannot test it. So if there is someone with access to F1 22, I can provide a beta version of the upcoming Telemetry Tool for testing purposes.
You have probably already seen the UDP data document for F1 22, yes?

You have probably already seen the UDP data document for F1 22, yes?
Yep, already coded in. Now just if someone has access to the beta/early release, I can let them test the new UDP spec based feed prior the game's release.

So if there is anyone with access to the beta, just PM me and I will drop a beta version somewhere for download.

Cheers

For multiplayer the game does not send out driver names.

Using the racenumber-name-map file (create it from Tools menu), you could create your own driver name list e.g. for league racing, if all drivers have distinct race numbers.

Cheers.
1655815969811.png

Where do I edit? I can't find the file or the menu.

Hi, I love you software. I donated a while back and told me to respond through paypal or here and never got a response for the license. Could you please contact me?
Hi,
I was expecting PayPal to send me a note, when there is a message, thus this slipped through my fingers. I did go through the donations + sent licenses and there were few others, which I also took care of.

I sent you the license from the @TelemetryTool.com address. Let me know, if you did not receive the license.

Cheers.

View attachment 575924

Where do I edit? I can't find the file or the menu.
So you do the "Create RaceNum-Name map file.

The actual file 'driver_racenumber_map.csv' will be in the settings directory in the Tool's data directory. You can edit that file with e.g. notepad++.

I have been thinking of converting this process into editable tool, but as it is mainly related to F1 2019 to F1 2021, and in F1 22 the driver names will be again sent to 3rd party tools (if enabled by the player), so I think I will not make it editable, as the need will be diminished as F1 22 gets released.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Well, since it looks like F1 22 should send Steam IDs for names, there could be an option potentially to make association for player? Something similar like race number currently, but make it Steam ID instead of race number?

Of course, if that will actually be the way the game works... Thankfully, only 1 week to go until Champions Edition releases.

Well, since it looks like F1 22 should send Steam IDs for names, there could be an option potentially to make association for player? Something similar like race number currently, but make it Steam ID instead of race number?

Of course, if that will actually be the way the game works... Thankfully, only 1 week to go until Champions Edition releases.
Yeah, let's see what they will send out in reality.

In the participant info there is the is the 'Steam ID', which is the same as your Steam public name. There is also the 'Network id', but last year it was just session based id to distinguish between different players on the session (joining/leaving etc), when their data might be on different "row" on the data. Let's see what this 'Network id' will contain this year, would be great, if it would be a unique identifier among all players.

But you are right, using 'Steam ID' or 'PSN ID' might be option to set the player names to real ones, if Steam ID sending is enabled by the user(s).

Cheers.

PS. I will PM you link to the RC version, when the early access starts. I will still need to do some little tweaks to the code before release.

Hi there, I've used this for a couple of years now and it's really great, I just use it for a bit of fun occasionally to make the game feel a bit more realistic, tbh I don't really use the data to help me get faster, I just like seeing the lines appear! However, I'm on xbox and have this program installed on my laptop, and whenever I link them up it trips my wifi. Is there a way I can connect them not via wifi/internet, e.g. can I simply wire my laptop into my xbox and make it work that way? Thanks, Ethan

Hi there, I've used this for a couple of years now and it's really great, I just use it for a bit of fun occasionally to make the game feel a bit more realistic, tbh I don't really use the data to help me get faster, I just like seeing the lines appear! However, I'm on xbox and have this program installed on my laptop, and whenever I link them up it trips my wifi. Is there a way I can connect them not via wifi/internet, e.g. can I simply wire my laptop into my xbox and make it work that way? Thanks, Ethan
Is your Xbox and Laptop both connecting via wifi or can you connect both of the via cable to the network? If you can connect both (xbox & laptop) via (ethernet) cable to your home network, then you can use the cable for the connection, which should remove the issue of wifi connectivity.

Cheers.

PS. I will PM you link to the RC version, when the early access starts. I will still need to do some little tweaks to the code before release.
If you need anyone to test the version for F1 22 on MacOS, let me know. I tried the 2021 version yesterday and got no data through :-/

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%