Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, the application looks really good but I am having problems running it.
Whenever I try to execute the 'runLinux.sh' script, it displays this error: 'line 2: bin/linux/bin/java: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error''.
Is it because I am running it in a raspberry pi with raspbian installed and it has a different cpu architecture?
Thanks in advance !

Hi, the application looks really good but I am having problems running it.
Whenever I try to execute the 'runLinux.sh' script, it displays this error: 'line 2: bin/linux/bin/java: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error''.
Is it because I am running it in a raspberry pi with raspbian installed and it has a different cpu architecture?
Thanks in advance !

Hi,

The binaries in the package are for 64bit linux. My wild (uneducated) guess is that the rasberry pi requires 32bit binaries and/or ARM binaries. Maybe you could find suitable Java 8 binaries from https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/ or if you can find Java 8 binaries with JavaFX from some other source for your device, they should fix the issue.

I would also love to hear feedback, how the tool works on the Rasberry Pi platform.

Cheers.

Hi,

does anyone know if and how can I run the telemetry application on one IP and see the telemetry info of F1 2019 (PS4 version) in other IP? Thx

Then I read below that it may be possible. I'm an idiot. Sorry.
No worries.

Just to clarify. You can run the game and the Telemetry tool on separate devices, i.e. game on PC, XBox, PS4 and the Telemetry on PC/Mac/Linux and possible on some other platform, if there is Java 8 with JavaFX available for that platform. And the ReadMe.txt and earlier responses show, how you can do that.

Cheers

Thanks for your effort, but I have some problems starting the telemetry tool on windows 10. I have latest Java version installed, when I double click runwin.bat it just creates the data folder but nothing happens. Looking at the task manager, I see javaw.exe loading and then closing immediately. Same result double clicking on Telemetry.jar. Any suggestion?

Thanks again for your stunning work!

Thanks for your effort, but I have some problems starting the telemetry tool on windows 10. I have latest Java version installed, when I double click runwin.bat it just creates the data folder but nothing happens. Looking at the task manager, I see javaw.exe loading and then closing immediately. Same result double clicking on Telemetry.jar. Any suggestion?

Thanks again for your stunning work!

Hmm, which Java version do you have? Java 8 with JavaFX or something else? The latest java from Oracle does not have JavaFX included. You should use the java binaries included into the package or download e.g. from the Azul (https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/) the latest Java 8 binaries with JavaFX.

One thing you could test, is to open command line and change the directory, where you have the runwin.bat and then run runwin.bat from the command line and check, what exceptions/errors you get.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have F1 2019, when I set the UDP format to "F1 2019" in game and app nothing happens. I can only get telemetry if I set it to UDP format "F1 2018" in game and in the app. Is it any difference between the two or does it not matter?

I have F1 2019, when I set the UDP format to "F1 2019" in game and app nothing happens. I can only get telemetry if I set it to UDP format "F1 2018" in game and in the app. Is it any difference between the two or does it not matter?

Just a quick question, which platform are you running the game on?

Regardless of the platform, data is the same, in F1 2019 data there are few extra fields, which are not extensively used.

I haven't played F1 2019 for some time (most of my time goes to Dirt Rally 2.0 and Project Cars 2, which both the tool also supports). I did quick test and it seems it should work, but I will do some more testing on the different feeds to see, if there are some changes or why (or in which situations) the 2019 feed would not work.

Cheers

Just a quick question, which platform are you running the game on?

Regardless of the platform, data is the same, in F1 2019 data there are few extra fields, which are not extensively used.

I haven't played F1 2019 for some time (most of my time goes to Dirt Rally 2.0 and Project Cars 2, which both the tool also supports). I did quick test and it seems it should work, but I will do some more testing on the different feeds to see, if there are some changes or why (or in which situations) the 2019 feed would not work.

Cheers
Hi,
Thank you for reaching out. I play on PC. The extra fields between 2018 and 2019, doesn't really matter to me. It's was that it took me a while before I got the telemetry to work, and I thought I did something wrong. But as soon as I switched to "2018" it worked.

But I do have one other question. I did 13 laps at Silverstone yesterday, and all my lap times were saved, but how do I load to laps in the "lap comparison" tab? I can only load one lap.

Great tool, by the way, make driving so much more fun, when you can go back and see when did I go on the throttle, when did I break and so on. Awesome job

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out. I play on PC. The extra fields between 2018 and 2019, doesn't really matter to me. It's was that it took me a while before I got the telemetry to work, and I thought I did something wrong. But as soon as I switched to "2018" it worked.

But I do have one other question. I did 13 laps at Silverstone yesterday, and all my lap times were saved, but how do I load to laps in the "lap comparison" tab? I can only load one lap.

Great tool, by the way, make driving so much more fun, when you can go back and see when did I go on the throttle, when did I break and so on. Awesome job

F1 2019 feed
I have been now driving career and online races with the latest 1.12 version with data format of "F1 2019" and testing all frequencies. At least for me it seems to be working. Are you sure you are running the 9.1 version of the Telemetry tool?

Comparison tab
For the "lap comparison tab", it compares red and blue lap.

Here is a quick how-to:
1a) Select track, for which you have fastest lap saved. Set the "BLUE LINE" to "Fastest lap". Now you should see the blue lines in Telemetry and some colors on the 'Lap Comparison' tab on the right track map.
- or -
1b) Select track, for which you have laps saved. Use CTRL-R (i.e. load reference lap) and load one of those data files. Set the "BLUE LINE" to 'Reference lap'. Again, you should see the data in Telemetry and colored racing line in the 'Lap Comparison' tab on the "blue section" i.e. on the right track map.

2) Open new lap with CTRL-O (open file) and load some other lap data file from the same track and make sure,t he "RED LINE" is set to Loaded Lap. Now you should see the the loaded lap's data in Telemetry and the colored racing line on the left track map in the 'Lap Comparison' tab.

3) Now you can move cursor by dragging the scale at the bottom and the cursor will move on the track and you can see the control data + time diff visuals in the middle. The cursor will also move on the Telemetry graph, this makes it easy to decide, which areas to check (i.e. where the biggest time differences occur). You can move the map and zoom with mouse scroll/drag like with the normal track map.

Cheers

First of all, amazing work!

Do you know where I can find telemetry files to download? I am interested in Time Trial laps to compare to and improve my own. I have been doing that with telemetry exported from ghosts from the Time Trial table, but these don't include the full data (throttle, steering, etc), and have not had much luck Googling around. I am wondering if you have know of places people post these files online.

Thanks again for the amazing work!

First of all, amazing work!

Do you know where I can find telemetry files to download? I am interested in Time Trial laps to compare to and improve my own. I have been doing that with telemetry exported from ghosts from the Time Trial table, but these don't include the full data (throttle, steering, etc), and have not had much luck Googling around. I am wondering if you have know of places people post these files online.

Thanks again for the amazing work!

Hi, thank you for the nice words.

First, I don't know if anyone is sharing the Telemetry data files online. Maybe if you drive in a league, you could ask the others, if they can share the data. If my app would be a 'paid for' app or if donations would be flowing in, then I might do some online system to compare the data and run in in AWS. But now this is more on a hobby basis and to keep the level for paid-for apps high enough.

For the data.
I know the ghost data is nice for Time Trial, but it is missing the data you say. A better option (which I use) would record the data from AI races or online races. For the opponent data from those, there is all control data available.

For the AI races, I set the AI to 110 and drive the race, then I look at the saved opponent laps from AI to see, where I should be able to squeeze extra seconds from my driving and then practice those areas. It is quite easy to spot the areas, where you are really losing to the AI. This is handy if you want to beat the max AI.

For the online races, you will also get the quali lap data, if there race has quali session. This is easy way to find out, where you are losing time to the others, when you look both quali and race data. I typically race in ranked sessions (with my S rating), so I get proper racers' data.

Cheers.

Great app. Still trying to learn how to use all this data.

I do have a couple of questions. Since I updated to f12019 and set f12019 as broadcast mode the Throttle and Brake meter on the Drive Tab no longer register any values.

Also on that screen, what exactly do the dynamic red and green bars that pop up and grow or shrink at each tire telling me?

Thanks.

Great app. Still trying to learn how to use all this data.

I do have a couple of questions. Since I updated to f12019 and set f12019 as broadcast mode the Throttle and Brake meter on the Drive Tab no longer register any values.

Also on that screen, what exactly do the dynamic red and green bars that pop up and grow or shrink at each tire telling me?

Thanks.

For the broadcast mode, I don't use it, thus I have not tested with it. I might later make a version, which works well with the broadcast mode too.

For the driving screen, below is short intro.

Driving_Pane_explanation_1.png

I typically use this screen when the game is released or if I try new car (in Project Cars 2/F2 in F1 2019) to learn, how the car reacts to the input. Sometimes I use it for start practices too.

On the left you see the controls (Thottle input, gear, steering + the friction circle) + info about current fuel use/ERS gain. The fuel use and ERS gain are the values at that exact moment, so if you need to practice fuel saving/ERS gain, you can use these to better understand how to control them.

In the middle, you have the wheel data + wings and engine status.

The boxes for wheels (or corners) are:
- top left, is front left (i.e. FL)
- top right is front right (i.e. FR)
- bottom left is rear left (i.e. RL)
- bottom right is rear right. (i.e. RR)

For each corner there is few values shown, in the middle is tire temperature inside and outside. On the center side is the brake temperature. The color bar next to the brake temperature changes based on the brake temperature.

The bar, which has magenta circle, is the tire wear. If the bar is full black, then the tire wear is 0%. As you drive, the tire wear increases, thus the red box area grows. This is to simple see the level of tire wear. The actual number value is visible in the race info.

And then we have the tire boxes. The color of the box is based on the tire you have on. Here it is green, i.e. the intermediate tires. The darker green or the red bars show, if the tire is rotating faster or slower than the speed of car. If the bar is green, then the wheels are spinning, i.e. rotating faster than the car. If the bar is red, the wheel is spinning lower than the car is moving. If the wheel is locking, then the red color changes.

On this image you see, that I was accelerating (rear wheels have large dark green box) but also turning slightly to right (FL is green, FR is red). There is slight tyre wear and brakes are bit hot. Also fuel use is high (3.6kg/lap on STANDARD) and ERS is being spent (-0.1 MJ) due to acceleration.

Here are one sample from driving
Driving_Pane_Bahrain_turn_10_inside_locking.png

Here you see Bahrain turn 10. Driving with the soft compound (tyre box is red), where I am braking a bit (40%) and the steering wheel has been turned to left. You can see FL locking (speed is 0 or near zero) as the red color is different to the other wheel speed bars. Fuel use is 0 (no throttle input), but ERS is gained due to braking.

Accelerating_Spa_AP_2.png

Here you can see a moment of acceleration. Not full throttle yet, but plenty of throttle on 2nd gear, RL an RR are strong green, but FL and FR are rotating at the speed of the car.

Hope this helps

Cheers.

Attachments

• TailBraking_Spa_AP.png
    TailBraking_Spa_AP.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 123
Hey Iko,

When I try the feedtester, nothing happens in the app itself. The CSV it refers to, I'm unalbe to find it. I don't know if it should be somwhere?

Does it matter if your ps4 is connected with a cable and your pc works on wifi?

Hey Iko,

When I try the feedtester, nothing happens in the app itself. The CSV it refers to, I'm unalbe to find it. I don't know if it should be somwhere?

Does it matter if your ps4 is connected with a cable and your pc works on wifi?

If I change the feeder's input file to f1 2018, I do get britain and input. But if I select 2019-file, nothing happens. I also do not get any info from my ps4 if all settings are in 2019

If i put the app and the game in 2018, I do get information but I'm not sure if this information is correct?

Last edited:
First off this is just a terrific piece of work - Thanks!!
Question - on the telemetry screen when you click on it to get a specific moment (vertical line) - how do you get rid of the line?
Second - a bug I think - I put on the brake diff - when I fire up the program it is not there - I click it off and then on again it reappears - where I had it originally. Not a big deal as it is easy to get it on the screen - but thought you should be aware - I use this on a Mac reading from a PS4.
One last item - what do I use to see if I have set the car height correctly and where/if I am dragging the plank on the ground?

What's the trick to getting it to connect via wifi to your console? When I use the program to read out my IP address it gives me an incorrect IP and won't connect with my laptops correct IP. I set my laptop to be 192.xxx.x.69 and it shows in the program as 23.xx.xx.xx. I've also tried typing in the external address found on whatsmyip but that doesnt connect either. Do I have a folder in the wrong place? Any help would be awesome!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%