The crowd at the GP said it all...or actually didn't. Was the quietest post race crowd ever. I'm a Ferrari fan ...well until last week now Im Sauber fan lol But Toto went too far on this one. Lets face it Ferrari and Seb are done. No reason in hell to have pulled Botas back. Lewis had P2 wrapped up that would have been plenty good enough.

Last edited:
It's bad, should be banned. Nothing new, but still a disservice to motor racing that was - if F1 continues doing this, forget it.
GP2 is sometimes the best to watch these days, can't remember seeing that happen.

Last edited:
I definitely don't like this kind of team orders but what i hate the most is the hypocrisy of lots of the fans (well i don't think they are real fans , those kids just like to make every thing like messi vs ronaldo) around it.
half of them bashing team orders only if there is a recent case of mercedes doing it and completely ignoring the fact that ferrari is using team orders , half of them bashing team orders only if there is a recent case of ferrari doing it and completely ignoring the fact that mercedes is using team orders

Last edited:
nothing strange but why Ferrari are afraid of the public opinion and did not pull the same in Monza, why Toto was playing all moral in the past and now pulled the same trick. Hypocrisy.

Just watched the post race after switching it off earlier . And to be honest I think it was a stupid dec ision for just a handful of points that will pretty much make no difference now . Valterri was just left demoralised , Lewis was left embarrassed and Toto has some completely unnecessary fence mending to do . Just greed for a handful of points at the expense of everything else . Look at the podium . The biggest smiles were from Vettel and his championship has pretty much just gone up in smoke today so that says it all about todays events . Was it really worth it ?

I'm sure the outcome would have been different if Botas was close to Hamilton in driver points. But sure this was a no brainer to let the driver that leads the "Team" in championship points jump to first. Especially with another team rival like Ferrari. Come on now, we've all seen it before. That's Formula 1!....Remember the Shumi days!. I'm sure Shumi fans had no issues with team orders then eh?

I wasn't surprised actually by that Merc tactic but I really feel it was too early for stuff like that, Hamilton and Toto aren't satisfied with Hamilton finishing IN FRONT of Vettel now ? Wt* ? He HAS to win at all cost ?
They should just return Bottas his spot, he deserve it.
Just like they did it last year in Hungary. Sometimes it's better to be a man than winner at all costs. Who knows... maybe Bottas would be grateful and help him in some situations in which now he won't do it usually, risk more you know...
Maybe think about that next time Lewis and Toto Cutugno.

"Red crew", that's gotta be the channel that's tuned in to listen to Ferrari's teamradio :) Teamorders are understandable, but they smell like :poop: especially as the teams and the drivers themselves are totally embarrassed and uncomfortable using them. No true sportsman wants to win like that.

Everyone is going to look back on this race at the end of the season, ESPECIALLY if Seb finishes at Abu Dhabi 6 points behind Lewis.

I wasn't surprised actually by that Merc tactic but I really feel it was too early for stuff like that,

2002 Austrian Grand Prix was staged on 12 May. It was the sixth round of the championship during a period of total Ferrari dominance.

The precedent was set.

Every Motorsport has team orders. Even when they are forbidden. Team principals will always put strategic goals in front of everything. Have you watched the latest two DTM races? Team orders in both of them. It’s unfortunate but team principals have to put strategy before emotions. The only way to abolish team orders is to have one car per team.

• Deleted member 6919

I have the finger...
Image1.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play