So, if I am a better pilot that day and my teammate is losing; I must give way? That's like a 'Participation Trophy'. Team orders distort the outcome of a race. In a nutshell, no F1 drivers stats are actually legit. The race should never be choreographed.

I don't really have a problem with team orders, mostly because there's just no way of really preventing them.

My issue is this move was so unnecessary. Hamilton was winning in the championship and worst case scenario he gets passed by Vettel (unlikely), he's still winning the championship. Bottas could have made better use of those points to put a gap between him and Kimi.

Hamilton didn't need that move to be made for him, the team didn't need the move to be made. This is like a primitive animal behaviour coming through. Ever see a dog eat all the food just so another dog won't get any? I can understand it, and sure, it works, but it's greedy and reduces the glory in wins.

I think, when a driver can win the particular race, teamorders should be ilegal. Its hard enough to be forced to give up a position, but a leading position is just cruel.

I'm sure Barichello would agree with you - but wait, that was the good old days of racing, surely that sort of thing was invented by Mercedes? anyway they can't jump out on track from the pitwall & force a driver to let another one through, so where is this "force" - if it's contractual then the driver is to blame for signing it.

Actually team orders may well have been invented by Mercedes in the 30s, who knows.

I'm sure Barichello would agree with you - but wait, that was the good old days of racing, surely that sort of thing was invented by Mercedes? anyway they can't jump out on track from the pitwall & force a driver to let another one through, so where is this "force" - if it's contractual then the driver is to blame for signing it.

Actually team orders may well have been invented by Mercedes in the 30s, who knows.

Who invented it is not something I care about and never will.
I just think its a form of match fixing, and that in my oppinion has nothing to do with sport and who is the best. If hamilton in this case was faster, he should overtake Bottas.

i understand Bottas has a chance to say NO like Verstappen, but I also understand that you dont want to take te risk of losing your job. Still I think the drivers should stand up against team orders.

So..thats my oppinion about teamorders, agree or disagree, its fine.

Yesterday both Mercedes and Bottas lost a lot of fans.
This sport needs more Verstappen kind of drivers, only those who can say NO are the real champions that makes this sport exciting and enjoyable to watch.

@1:09...

This sport also needs more teams like Red Bull, let drivers take their own responsibility, let them race and let them learn from their mistakes.

and Toto Wolff is a complete joke:

April-2017: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...ff-Lewis-Hamilton-Valtteri-Bottas-team-orders

July-2018: https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formul...ff-denies-team-orders-now-in-play_331261.html

Team orders are part of the F1 show, no reason to be scandalised.
In a perfect world we should get rid of them, but in this world we have to accept them as a "necessary bad", just like the DRS.

Lets have a think where Bottas would be were it not for this Merc seat....... still at Williams? Well he'd be at the back struggling to make Q2.
All that will happen is when Lewis is mathematically WDC and Merc are WCC, they will give Bottas the win back...

If Bottas was in any car bar the Merc and the Ferrari he'd be lucky to be getting top 5's. I think any one close to him should remind him of that if he is a bit upset....

Of course the Merc team is team Lewis, he sells stuff because of his image, who the knew the middle class kids from Stevenage was actually an American rapper..

Lets have a think where Bottas would be were it not for this Merc seat....... still at Williams? Well he'd be at the back struggling to make Q2.
All that will happen is when Lewis is mathematically WDC and Merc are WCC, they will give Bottas the win back...

If Bottas was in any car bar the Merc and the Ferrari he'd be lucky to be getting top 5's. I think any one close to him should remind him of that if he is a bit upset....

Of course the Merc team is team Lewis, he sells stuff because of his image, who the knew the middle class kids from Stevenage was actually an American rapper..

There is literally no end to his talents.

It's very simple really. The responsibility of the Wolff lies on him here everything is clear. But what about Lewis? He made a victim of himself. This is not the way I want to win. Okay, so why the **** you didn't let the Bottas back? What kind of kindergarten? What kind of speculation? You saw that the Bottas let you, but you didnt do anything. Lewis put all the responsibility on the team, and he is white and fluffy. If you are such a hero and love to win only in battle, behave nobly. And we dont need to listen such tales here.

This sport needs more Verstappen kind of drivers, only those who can say NO are the real champions that makes this sport exciting and enjoyable to watch.

This sport also needs more teams like Red Bull, let drivers take their own responsibility, let them race and let them learn from their mistakes.

April-2017: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...ff-Lewis-Hamilton-Valtteri-Bottas-team-orders

July-2018: https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formul...ff-denies-team-orders-now-in-play_331261.html

F1 doesnt need Verstappen's arrongancy!!! F1 needs drivers and teams playing by the same rules like every other sport should!

Verstappen says no to every punishment he fairly deserves and Honestly I dont know why is he still in F1...

Im sure if it was the other way around and Bottas was second and had a 'blister', they wouldnt let Bottas take the lead. Its a shame for the sport!

But what about Vettel and Hamilton in the same Team 2020 as team mates, then we could see the real racing?

Valtteri, he is a mitten (lapanen in finnish) see image

Tunisialaisittain+virkatut+lapaset+Haaraamo.JPG

Alot have forgotten 2002 after the 6th race in the season Ferrari deploy team orders on a weekend Ruben's Barrichello was fastest
Tell me how Michel Schumacher is remembered.. A 7 time world champion...

In winning championships, people don't remember the right and wrongs in a season, they remember who wins

Try not to stay too angry guys, and understand the overall victory is what's important in a team racing sport.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.