AC Street Car Challenge @ Nordschleife, Tuesday 23rd November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
f465a96702_u-zoekt-een-lamborghini-gallardo-dit-staat-er-te-koop.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we're trying a new format: fast road cars on public roads. Six sports cars that (hopefully) have comparable performance and that you can encounter in real life on highways and country roads. In this test event we use the Nordschleife because we love it and it's always fun. We might switch to the Endurance 108 lay out if a lot of drivers sign up (the map below is already of the 108 version).

The more the merrier so join us for an exciting race and:

wsga-nurburgring-1476934882858-1000x707.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Ferrari 458 Italia
    • Lamborghini Gallardo SL
    • Lotus 2-Eleven GT4
    • McLaren 570s
    • Mercedes SLS AMG
    • Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Track: Nordschleife , Germany
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 22C air/31C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

I really need to sit down and learn this track. People really seem to enjoy it but ive not put any time toward learning it. For that reason it would be ill advised for me to join, but you will likely see me on the practice server for a few late night sessions.

Im curious, do we ever do night / bad weather races?

I really need to sit down and learn this track. People really seem to enjoy it but ive not put any time toward learning it. For that reason it would be ill advised for me to join, but you will likely see me on the practice server for a few late night sessions.

Hi Chris. Please join anyway with the Lotus. It's the easiest car to drive and it's not likely to get a blue flag in a race of 45 min.

We're not doing bad weather or night races as the stock AC doesn't facilitate that. Personally I think if you want that, go to ACC. In my events I will stick to grip level and temperatures to make it a bit more challeging.

Might be helpful to get it into your memory cells. I actually wrote down similar notes when learning the track and put the paper next to the monitor.

To learn it, don't race the track. Just drive around it. Your first goal should be to stay on the road, and not touch the grass. MX5, or GT86 are really good cars to drive around here for learning.
While I agree that usually a slower car helps, around the Nordschleife, a faster car helped me more. I actually learnt it with a Formula 1 car :roflmao:
It's not about getting the corners "right". First, it's about knowing what corner comes next... And remembering 10 minutes of "I can basically keep my throttle planted for 5 minutes" isn't really helping the memory.
With a really fast car, every braking zone will be different, the speed through the corners will be different and the over- and understeer effect from the different cambering of the turns will burn the track into your brain a lot quicker.

But normally I fully agree! :thumbsup:

To learn it, don't race the track. Just drive around it. Your first goal should be to stay on the road, and not touch the grass. MX5, or GT86 are really good cars to drive around here for learning.
I did something pretty cool to learn this one.
After doing some initial slow laps just to take things in, i started increasing the speed. i also did a few races with the AI, following the car in front while blocking the car behind. Kinda my usual thing.

the new part i added was making an audio recording of myself describing the track as i drove it. I kept a moderate pace and made my own track guide, starting with "ok, leaving the pits in 3...2...1...go!"

once i had the recording, iplayed it and drive a few seconds behind it so that it was telling me what was upcomming. Like a co-driver in a rally game.
It was really helpful to string the corner sequences together with an audio narration. Very helpful way to learn this long track.

i also did some laps in the skippy, cause i heard its good for you! ;)

I did something pretty cool to learn this one.
After doing some initial slow laps just to take things in, i started increasing the speed. i also did a few races with the AI, following the car in front while blocking the car behind. Kinda my usual thing.

the new part i added was making an audio recording of myself describing the track as i drove it. I kept a moderate pace and made my own track guide, starting with "ok, leaving the pits in 3...2...1...go!"

once i had the recording, iplayed it and drive a few seconds behind it so that it was telling me what was upcomming. Like a co-driver in a rally game.
It was really helpful to string the corner sequences together with an audio narration. Very helpful way to learn this long track.

i also did some laps in the skippy, cause i heard its good for you! ;)
Hehe the audio part would make for a great addition to my guide! It's definitely another good method to get new and tighter strings into your memory-web! Just couldn't do it for the public haha.

Nice to hear you're enjoying the progress! It's quite a challenge that's too big for some people for years but once you tackle it full on, it'll get burnt into your memory cells forever and make lots of fun for years :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back