AC Street Car Challenge @ Nordschleife, Tuesday 23rd November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Arghs... I have to sign out :thumbsdown:
We just got a provisional "ok" for a new apartment and now need to figure out a lot of stuff within way too few days so my PC will probably stay shut off until Sunday...

Very stressful and very sad to not race the Nordschleife, but if we'll really get that new apartment, it's all worth it. It's great! :geek::) I might even get a small rig instead of my office chair :D

Arghs... I have to sign out :thumbsdown:
We just got a provisional "ok" for a new apartment and now need to figure out a lot of stuff within way too few days so my PC will probably stay shut off until Sunday...

Very stressful and very sad to not race the Nordschleife, but if we'll really get that new apartment, it's all worth it. It's great! :geek::) I might even get a small rig instead of my office chair :D
But congratulations with your apartment!

I did something pretty cool to learn this one.
After doing some initial slow laps just to take things in, i started increasing the speed. i also did a few races with the AI, following the car in front while blocking the car behind. Kinda my usual thing.

the new part i added was making an audio recording of myself describing the track as i drove it. I kept a moderate pace and made my own track guide, starting with "ok, leaving the pits in 3...2...1...go!"

once i had the recording, iplayed it and drive a few seconds behind it so that it was telling me what was upcomming. Like a co-driver in a rally game.
It was really helpful to string the corner sequences together with an audio narration. Very helpful way to learn this long track.

i also did some laps in the skippy, cause i heard its good for you! ;)
Just trying to learn Fonteny at the moment. I'd say there is much more to learn that the Nords!
I just pounding around to try and memorise it. I do have the Map Display app on

to remind me where I am on the circuit. Much better than the stock map app as it shows the whole circuit and the position of every other car.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, forgot about this event, must have a good reason to forget it.
But will try this track map to see if it improves things.

Rasmus hope the move goes well, envying that exciting feeling you get moving to a new place.

the past few years I have had dread of my next move, with good cause.
9B8BA144-96AE-48E7-A96E-8C16C049D6F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Han,
I am having to withdraw from tonight’s race due to a case of Man flu. The Nordschleife is not the place to be with blurred vision and sneezing every five minutes. :(

Hopefully I will recover in time for the Wednesday race but in the meantime good luck everyone for tonight.:thumbsup:

Hi Han,
I am having to withdraw from tonight’s race due to a case of Man flu. The Nordschleife is not the place to be with blurred vision and sneezing every five minutes. :(

Hopefully I will recover in time for the Wednesday race but in the meantime good luck everyone for tonight.:thumbsup:
Thanks for letting me know. Get well soon, Paul.

Just trying to learn Fonteny at the moment. I'd say there is much more to learn that the Nords!
I just pounding around to try and memorise it. I do have the Map Display app on

to remind me where I am on the circuit. Much better than the stock map app as it shows the whole circuit and the position of every other car.
You can increase the default map size so it can show details on the larger circuits...

Screenshot 2021-11-23 182731a.png

going to try that out! what kind of filter is that? I mean to try that tire app, but it's so busy I'm not sure I can understand it fully, or that I need to.
The tyre app is quite useful in showing predicted wear rates...

There is an instruction manual on the app download page :)

Not sure what you mean by filter - what are you referring to?

Ha ha, that was different. Might have not chosen the best car for it. Rear tyres were completely shot just over half way through, last few laps I spent drifting then I ran out of fuel. My best lap was 12 seconds slower than the Lotus pack! Thanks Han for organising, I am dead worried now that our GT championship finishes here :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
The tyre app is quite useful in showing predicted wear rates...

There is an instruction manual on the app download page :)

Not sure what you mean by filter - what are you referring to?
It looks like Sega CD or something dude. :)

I had to reduce the image so I could attach it. It's not that bad when I'm driving :)
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Been there, done that!
You compressed the quality, instead of the amount of pixels. So you end up with a small file with lots of pixels instead of low amount of pixels but good quality.

The "trick" I'm using: Take the Screenshot, throw it into the standard paint (tip: make the blank white opening picture area super small, then drag&drop (or ctrl+v) your screenshot into paint and it will snap to the correct size).
Then use "change size" and make it 800 in width.
Save as .jpg and it should be fine for RD without compromising the quality :)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Been there, done that!
You compressed the quality, instead of the amount of pixels. So you end up with a small file with lots of pixels instead of low amount of pixels but good quality.

The "trick" I'm using: Take the Screenshot, throw it into the standard paint (tip: make the blank white opening picture area super small, then drag&drop (or ctrl+v) your screenshot into paint and it will snap to the correct size).
Then use "change size" and make it 800 in width.
Save as .jpg and it should be fine for RD without compromising the quality :)
Untitled.jpg

Cheers :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%