• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

SRO E-Sport GT Series (Paul Ricard) | Silver Qualifiers Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitja Bonca

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 8, 2008
How is doing the Paul Ricard-related qualifiers at Monza not confusing? Also a bit disappointing, after all this is an official SRO esports event, it should have top priority. Also not fun to repeat the same thing again.

EDIT: I understand there must be a really good reason for the impossibility of a patch update with the event (for example upgrading the whole Unreal Engine to a new version). Whatever, I will skip this event and wait for the next one.
Its only a shame, cause I really like PR circuit, the most of all. At least they could start it after the 29th of May. Would there be any difference? I cant find any.

Next race @Misano is at the end of June anyway.

Ricoow

Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff
Staff member
Premium
Nov 13, 2010
With all the people not joining I might actually improve my position for round 2 from 320ish to 220ish

Koen Verlinde

500RPM
Sep 12, 2011
No idea why it has to be Monza again, but last night I was P27. Maybe I can still manage to go 3-4 seconds faster over the hotstint but I'm hitting the limits of my capabilities on stock setup.

The GT Formula

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
I was 59th after three stints, once on Safe and two more on aggressive...
Figured the aliens haven't woken up yet...

Josh Martin

50RPM
Premium
Feb 2, 2019
Another on-site qualifier for me then - no pace at Mona hot lapping - have to say it was really short sighted for them to do this :/

Turk

1000RPM
Jul 29, 2011
Another on-site qualifier for me then - no pace at Mona hot lapping - have to say it was really short sighted for them to do this :/
It's probably due to them being really long sighted, the plans were probably made a long time ago when they thought the game would be released by now. The delay happened and scuppered that plan but we're stuck with it now because SRO won't do the decent thing and delay the entire Blancpain series so our special events match up with the real thing.

jimortality

4000RPM
Mar 13, 2013
Right, don't laugh but I've signed up for this. I'll be lucky to get in the top 20000 lol never-mind the top 12 but I'm hoping it can help me and give me incentive to keep practicing. So you can start the jokes now as anyone who club races with me knows how fast I'm not :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: ears

Koen Verlinde

500RPM
Sep 12, 2011
Right, don't laugh but I've signed up for this. I'll be lucky to get in the top 20000 lol never-mind the top 12 but I'm hoping it can help me and give me incentive to keep practicing. So you can start the jokes now as anyone who club races with me knows how fast I'm not :laugh::laugh:
I rather have a down to earth moving chicane amateur on track than an alien who thinks the track is his and plays so agressively he wins because the others don't want to crash.

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
Premium
Sep 11, 2009
Do you mean Monza? 1:47s were the toptimes from last Silver Qualifier.
1:47's! Man I need work. My best ever I believe was 1:51'.277" and I only did that once. The rest was 1:52's. I was in the Prancing Horse.

Mitja Bonca

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 8, 2008
1:47's! Man I need work. My best ever I believe was 1:51'.277" and I only did that once. The rest was 1:52's. I was in the Prancing Horse.
Mod Edit: As Ricoow asked "Just why again bring this up needlessly?"
There are procedures to follow if you had a complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:

The GT Formula

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
Think I got into the 48s but I'm not consistent with it.
Add fuel and race conditions and I'm usually in the late 49s early 50s
It's just another level of practice and skill.
Focus too. You can't really be messing around with other sims or even other games, you need to be on it with your sim of choice pretty much every day to be within seconds of the top drivers.
I can say at the moment, without playing anything else on my PC of late, that I'm actually starting to mix it with the top 6 in any given high SA rated online server now. Something I never could do previously. This is with sole practice on ACC at times when Europe are offline, then racing with people in the evenings or early mornings when Europe is awake again.

Hard work living out here in the tropics. No one is really online out here for some reason. I think more people play R3E in Malaysia.

ears

I know, for I told me so
Premium
Feb 14, 2015
I've often found that humility and self-awareness are key personality characteristics in those capable of constant improvement.

AJ McDaddy

250RPM
Premium
Oct 20, 2014
Think everyone is going to be bored of Monza by full release :roflmao:.

Not a circuit I enjoy or can produce competitive times, so I will watch the weekend events online whilst drinking rum punch from breakfast in Antigua instead.:cool:

Cristian Haba

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 24, 2007
Think everyone is going to be bored of Monza by full release :roflmao:.

Not a circuit I enjoy or can produce competitive times, so I will watch the weekend events online whilst drinking rum punch from breakfast in Antigua instead.:cool:
Lol haven't been bored for 15 years. More for me!!!!

manu68

500RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2011
I am surprised to read that monza will be used again. I had a great time Looking at the races steam ingénieur in monza for thé first event

honestly, I think that the professional guys who entre the first event dont really care about which track is used. They belong to simracing structured teams. They have to race on any track , and to be on the top to keep their place on the team (their job ?). If they only have to race monza, it is not a problem for them in my opinion.

There is professional payer playing starcraft or counterstrike for years.

Celtic Pharaoh

2000RPM
Premium
Feb 3, 2010
Just thought I'd give some reassurance to some of those just outside top 12 that at least myself and a friend of mine won't be going to Paul Ricard so anywhere top 15 or possibly top 18 is safe to qualify :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow RaceDepartment