• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured SRO E-Sport GT Series (Paul Ricard) | Silver Qualifiers Now Open

Discussion in 'SRO E-Sport GT Series' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 6, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,617
    Paul Ricard Silver Qualifying Open.jpg
    The 'SILVER' qualification sessions for the next round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series are now live.

Following the highly successful opening round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series in Monza, eSport drivers the world over will once again be able to test their abilities against the best of the best in Assetto Corsa Competizione - with SILVER qualifiers for Round Two at Paul Ricard live from Monday 6th May.

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Watch the Monza event again here

SILVER qualifiers will open Monday 6th May and will close again on Monday 20th May at 23:59 CEST.

Please note, the second round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series will take place on site at the Paul Ricard circuit, and the E-Sport races themselves will be held on the laserscanned version of Paul Ricard found within Assetto Corsa Competizione.

With Assetto Corsa Competizione currently under heavy development due to the impending full 'Version One' release on May 29th, it will not be possible to update the SILVER qualification 'Special Event' to reflect the change in venue from Round One. As such, the Monza circuit will again be used for players to record their qualification laps.

The leaderboard will be reset prior to qualification starting on May 6th, and the top 12 fastest drivers by close of competition on May 20th will be invited to join the racing action in France.

Additionally, Kunos will also open an official Paul Ricard server for practice purposes - this Paul Ricard server will not record laptimes, and times set on these servers will not count towards qualification for the on-site competition.

How to participate?
    • Visit the SRO E-Sport GT Series website here
    • Register your account here (and don't forget to fill out your SteamID)
    • Open Assetto Corsa Competizione. If you don't have the game installed yet you can obtain a copy here.
    • Update your driver profile with your correct name and surname
    • Select Special Events from the main menu and access Special Event #21 - SRO E-SPORT GT Series Round 1
    • Have a great hotlap session and do your best to reach the top 12 on the leaderboard
    • Qualifying event will begin May 6th at 18:00 CEST and close May 20th at 23:59 CEST
    Please remember that it is mandatory to save your session replay by hitting "M" on your keyboard or recording a video with a video capture tool (e.g. Nvidia ShadowPlay, Crimson ReLive etc) if you are in the top 12.

The saved replay will be located in your Documents/AssettoCorsaCompetizione/replay folder and you can rename it as you prefer.

Have fun and good luck for your attempts and let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on Social Media for more official updates on the SRO E-Sport GT Series...
    Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. EduCalza

EduCalza

Ratings:
    +38
    No more news about ACC? The v1.0 is coming.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,057
    ok, understood, we will do a rerun of the Monza event. Question: will the finals be run using Monza or will the finals at Paul Ricard be run using Paul Ricard (not that I'd qualify, just curiosity).

4. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +797
    Moderator please delete this reply. (Meaning mine not the quote above).

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sonoafafayon

Sonoafafayon

Ratings:
    +94
    What other news do you need about the game?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. guidofoc

guidofoc
    Premium

Ratings:
    +381
    A bit confused, honestly.

7. PhilS13

PhilS13

Ratings:
    +190
    What is confusing?

8. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Irish/Egyptian Road Warrior Premium

Ratings:
    +873
    They state the onsite semifinals and final will be on Paul Ricard here:
    https://www.facebook.com/673173139768999/posts/695385737547739/

Interestingly, the AM selection will be on Paul Ricard though

9. mrbungle83

mrbungle83
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    I started practicing here a couple of days ago as i had never driven it, my pace is about 1:56 i the expect the front runners to be so much faster wouldn't even surprise me if they start banging in 1:50's what's the general pace from the RD croud and any see setup/track tips welcome!

10. Ricoow

Ricoow
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,305
    Do you mean Monza? 1:47s were the toptimes from last Silver Qualifier.

11. xPippo

xPippo
    HG Esport BlueBolt Racing

Ratings:
    +3
    So the same people that join Round 1 will join Round 2 :D That's nice to hear ...

12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,426
    There is a SRO event in the game, but its still Monza :(

13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,617

So basically:

SILVER qualifiers will use Monza, as before. This is because the game cannot be updated prior to the on site event and big May 29th update - so the special event cannot be "just" patched into the current build.

E-Sport Event: The actual races on site will use Paul Ricard.

As an extra, Kunos will open a server for practice purposes with Paul Ricard available to drive on. This will not go towards qualifying times, it is just for practice.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. EduCalza

EduCalza

Ratings:
    +38
  15. EduCalza

EduCalza

Ratings:
    +38
    Career features, for example.
    How career mode will be. You know something about this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,057
    wrong thread, wrong part of forum, this is solely about e-sports qualifiers.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,426
    How come they cannot put an update on the steam, so we can use Paul Ricard? I surely won`t do a single lap at Monza from many reasons.

ps: or maybe I will, but later on.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +797
    OMG I got sucked in and completely forgot where I was. Moderator can you delete my posts about ACC release? I do not want to clutter the thread with nonsense that does not belong here.

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,057
    touche! just thought people might be more interested reading this in the proper ACC forums, sorry.

back on topic - whoosh - dunno if I will participate in this one, came in 900sth. last time, so a bit pointless to not rise to the same challenge yet again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. guidofoc

guidofoc
    Premium

Ratings:
    +381
    How is doing the Paul Ricard-related qualifiers at Monza not confusing? Also a bit disappointing, after all this is an official SRO esports event, it should have top priority. Also not fun to repeat the same thing again.

EDIT: I understand there must be a really good reason for the impossibility of a patch update with the event (for example upgrading the whole Unreal Engine to a new version). Whatever, I will skip this event and wait for the next one.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.