rF2 SPECIAL EVENT/LIVE STREAM: 90 Minutes of Le Mans - Fri 15Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It worked surprisingly good for me. Had 50 AI running and besides the drop to 45 fps at the start I noticed no issues. With my gfx card, I have to run everting on low and no SS though with that many cars. But so be it. :thumbsup:
I was worried about day-night transition as that causes my system to dip under 30fps at some parts of the track during sunset/sunrise. Not nice on VR! Looks like the race start is 3pm with time-scale 3x - so will end 7.30pm and we should all finish before sunset.

I was worried about day-night transition as that causes my system to dip under 30fps at some parts of the track during sunset/sunrise. Not nice on VR! Looks like the race start is 3pm with time-scale 3x - so will end 7.30pm and we should all finish before sunset.
The time acceleration shall be increased to 'x5' for the race. The practice session was also expected to run into the night, with the time acceleration set to 'x3' for the (testing & training) period leading up to the event, but due to an error on my part the session actually concludes in the early evening (in-game time). Apologies about this, and any inconvenience that it may cause.

IMPORTANT! Please be aware of this issue, which has recently been discovered and raised, regarding the Corvette and Porsche when driving at high speed. Unfortunately I have not yet had the time to test this for myself, so I cannot say for certain to what extent the problem will affect us during the event. Therefore any feedback from you guys will be much appreciated. I will also get an opportunity to conduct some testing this week, and shall report back with relevant information. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
What's the issue? I was planning on running the Porker.

My fps goes from 70's in the day to mid 20's when night falls - pretty much unplayable. Any ideas what I can do without sacrificing too much texture quality? I guess I may have to single screen this particular race.

My fps goes from 70's in the day to mid 20's when night falls - pretty much unplayable. Any ideas what I can do without sacrificing too much texture quality? I guess I may have to single screen this particular race.
I don't know for sure but number of lights greatly increases when driving in night because of all the head-, tail- and trackside lights, i would try to set all reflections completely off. Hope that helps.

What's the issue? I was planning on running the Porker.
Ooops… my apologies, I forgot to provide the link to the forum post explaining the problem. You can find it here. Now that I have carried out testing for myself, I would say this probably will not be an issue - even if the car does reach the "problem speed" it will not be at this speed for long due to the chicanes and corners, and there is nothing along the edge of the track that should cause your tyres to overheat. The test conducted in the report was at Le Mans '67, where the car would drive at it's top speed pretty much all the way from Tertre Rouge to Mulsanne.

@Daiman Patel
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'll be taking the #14 Murphy Prototype livery, for obvious reasons... :whistling: :D
7pF7AoP.jpg

Daiman, based on how my night performance cuts fps by a factor of 3 (70's to 20's), it may be a concern that many racers don't know how badly night affects performance and the game becomes unplayable for many at the end of the race. Or maybe it's just my system that's affected, just thought you'd want to know in order to warn people they may need to do the race on single screen or whatever.

Daiman, based on how my night performance cuts fps by a factor of 3 (70's to 20's), it may be a concern that many racers don't know how badly night affects performance and the game becomes unplayable for many at the end of the race. Or maybe it's just my system that's affected, just thought you'd want to know in order to warn people they may need to do the race on single screen or whatever.
Thanks for the information. Seeing this post should be enough of a warning for people test their performance at night. I shall also setup another server later today so that people can practice at night, and check the performance of their machine. Apologies, I should have done this sooner, but I have been very busy this week.

Ooops… my apologies, I forgot to provide the link to the forum post explaining the problem. You can find it here. Now that I have carried out testing for myself, I would say this probably will not be an issue - even if the car does reach the "problem speed" it will not be at this speed for long due to the chicanes and corners, and there is nothing along the edge of the track that should cause your tyres to overheat. The test conducted in the report was at Le Mans '67, where the car would drive at it's top speed pretty much all the way from Tertre Rouge to Mulsanne.
That happened to me a couple of times last nite! I didn't realise it was the Porker that caused it. The game suddenly hung when I was full speed on the straight - a bit jarring in VR as I got a flash of white light. Also my wheel went full lock to the left and stayed locked in that position. I had to reboot my PC and the rotation had gone from 900 to 180 degrees - I reset it in the profiler.

The problem is real for me. I better choose a car other than the Porsche and Corvette :cautious:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.