rF2 SPECIAL EVENT/LIVE STREAM: 90 Minutes of Le Mans - Fri 15Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for the race all excellent fun!

Unfortunately my setup was not built for a standing start at all so apologies to everyone for holding up the left side of the grid.

Thank you @Daiman Patel for organising.

Just as suggestion perhaps using a manual rolling start for future events of this kind would work well, single file off the limiter when you exit the last corner. (Same as matt is using for Bathurst)

Thanks again all, see you next time.

The most annoying thing was I had wheel vibration until the end of the race after our prang. And thx for hold station behind me at the end.

Yhea, I had to pit and change tyres because of vibrations. Anyway I am really sorry.. I didn't even feel the first contact on my wheel, so I really had no clue about the incident before the bigger one..I had to watch it on the stream to understand what happened.

congratulations Daiman Patel, Stephen Gibb, Joseph Wright, apologize to me if there is any more organizer. Splendid race, start very slowly start, 7 or 8 riders overtook me, but I could go up to the second place, but Luka Bert had already gone far, the worst was that at the stop I put 25 liters more, and I lost something more of time, but I had no options to fight for the race, Luka Berk had gone until 15 seconds, too far, congratulations, the podium and all who participated.:thumbsup:;):):):)

PD.- very good tv retransmission

Hi Damian

This a note regarding the special Le Mans race last Friday. I was entered to participate in and this was my first event here in many years. After sorting out my Team Speak setup I went out and practiced. From this point on I am lost. I expected the practice to end and qualifying to begin followed by the warm up and race. That didn’t happen for me and I was confused by what I heard on team speak. I sat in my pit and waited till I eventually asked when the race was to begin and was told about 8 laps ago.

I obviously missed some thing or I guess I had a disconnect. Due to the fact I was connected to team speak and there where cars on the track going around and I also went out and did a few corners. I thought ok, I guess it's start from the pit lane 8 laps down. I then quite, due to the fact I was unsure what had happen. I admit I still am a bit disappointed I missed the race with the new LMP3's.

If I missed something that would explain any of this I would appreciate it. I don't want to waste time by not understanding what happen.

Thanks

Michael

I'm sorry Daiman but I have to dropout too. Friends dragged me into beer and football. Couldn't say no to them :unsure::ninja:
I wish you all a damn great race! Gonna watch the stream on my hidden tablet :sneaky::whistling:
Pretty sad to miss this one, I should have figured out earlier where everyone is. steam says 3h to update rfactor :(
Sorry @Daiman Patel I'll have to sign out as well. Have a good race!
It's a real shame that you guys were unable to join us - you missed out on an epic night of racing! Hopefully we'll see you again next time! :)

First lap, problem conection noooooo
Awww man, that is really unfortunate! :( However, a quick note for future reference, rejoining the server is enabled and allowed for all of our rFactor 2 club events.

Missed my pitbox and couldn't rejoin so RIP after 50 minutes...
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that mate! :unsure: After 50 minutes of racing I imagine that was quite painful. The pit box markers were admittedly quite dark, probably due to the shadows... :whistling: I'm not sure if this is something that can be "fixed" independently of the track mod (i.e. in the game itself) - I'll mention it to Marcel.

Also the standing start with super tight grid spacing was awful because driver in front of me was sleeping at the start. There was nothing to be done but hit the brakes when i realised he wasn't moving.
Just as suggestion perhaps using a manual rolling start for future events of this kind would work well, single file off the limiter when you exit the last corner. (Same as matt is using for Bathurst)
I apologise for the standing start on Friday night - I am not overly confident in and convinced by the in-game formation lap & rolling start feature, so I thought it would be best to keep it simple. Unfortunately this decision backfired... like you @Pauli Ahonen, I was hampered at the start of the race by a driver who was very slow to getaway, and it was made worse by the fact that I have 'Auto Clutch' disabled so my car really struggled to move. I am very sorry if this in turn affected anyone else... :redface:

For the next few Friday & Saturday night events my plan is to test the in-game rolling start, and determine how well they work. As I said on Friday night we have previously experienced issues with this feature, but if we find that it has since been improved / works reliably then we will consider using it for such events in the future. If not then we will do what @Shawn Jacobs has suggested, which is to perform a manual formation lap and rolling start (without the help of the game).

Great event. Nice to be back after such a long time. My pace was not ok, but still had good fun and some close battles.

Also first time ever in VR. Excellent for racing, for sure in close battles to see cars besides you.
Cannot imagine without VR now :)

Next please!

Thx for organizing, and i just saw fragments of the broadcast. Very well done on Twitch!

Oh and..... thx everyone for the fair racing. Great to see this.
It was great to have you with us for this race @Ramon van Rijn! :D As I said the other day, it has been a very long time, so we now look forward to having you with us for future events! ;) During my first stint you were pushing me hard to maintain my gap to you!

Looking forward to the next :thumbsup: but cold beer first!
Next please!
I vote for more 90m or longer events here at RD :thumbsup:
Keep your eyes peeled folks! We are hoping to make these longer club races a more regular occurrence - the current plan is to host an endurance event every 6 - 8 weeks! :sneaky: We'll let you know more in time.

I like how our start was more clean than the real thing :D
HAHAHA! With so many cars on our grid, and a standing start, the getaway was fairly and relatively clean on the whole! :laugh:

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

I would just like to thank everyone who took part in Friday night's event - apologies, I wanted to say this sooner, but I had an incredibly busy weekend which comprised of watching the race and football! :roflmao: And to those who were unable to join us I would just like to say sorry, because you missed a classic! This race was so much fun, even more than I had expected! :x3: In spite of a slow start, I once again found myself embroiled in a battle with @Gasper Zupan & @Daniel Monteiro (before he was struck by the high-speed bug) which was brilliant; there were time when we found ourselves going two or three wide into the chicanes, Mulsanne, Indianapolis, and Arnage - it was incredibly exciting, if not a little bit hairy at times! :barefoot: Unfortunately my second stint was ruined because I forgot to inform my pit-crew to not repair any damage... as a result I was stationary for an additional 50 seconds, dropped quite significantly down the order, and had next to no chance of catching up because the pace of the guys ahead of me was fairly similar. :( However, I did have an interesting battle with an LMP3 car that found itself down the order! :giggle: Thankfully my calculations were pretty much spot-on, as I ended the race with just over 1 litre of fuel... though I must admit that with 2 laps to go I was a little bit concerned about the leading car driving an extra lap, which would have ended in disaster for me! :cautious:

I very much look forward to the next one of these endurance club events! :geek:

Hi Damian

This a note regarding the special Le Mans race last Friday. I was entered to participate in and this was my first event here in many years. After sorting out my Team Speak setup I went out and practiced. From this point on I am lost. I expected the practice to end and qualifying to begin followed by the warm up and race. That didn’t happen for me and I was confused by what I heard on team speak. I sat in my pit and waited till I eventually asked when the race was to begin and was told about 8 laps ago.

I obviously missed some thing or I guess I had a disconnect. Due to the fact I was connected to team speak and there where cars on the track going around and I also went out and did a few corners. I thought ok, I guess it's start from the pit lane 8 laps down. I then quite, due to the fact I was unsure what had happen. I admit I still am a bit disappointed I missed the race with the new LMP3's.

If I missed something that would explain any of this I would appreciate it. I don't want to waste time by not understanding what happen.

Thanks

Michael
Can you remember the name of the server to which you were connected, @Michael Labelle? I have checked the logs for both of the 'RACEDEPARTMENT.COM' servers that were running that night, and I cannot see you having entered either of them... :O_o: Was it possibly the 'RACEDEPARTMENT.COM AU' server that you had joined?

To be completely honest, I cannot remember anybody on TeamSpeak asking about when the race would start, after it had already started - my apologies. Also, I am very sorry for the confusion that has very clearly arisen in this situation. :unsure:

I do not think that you missed any critical information; the only announcements that I made were regarding the "high-speed bug" and "LM DARK server", and both of these were preceded by a message to indicate that the post contained important information. All other key details, including the name of the server to which you should be connected, can be found in the opening post of this thread.

Everything ran pretty much on time for this event - qualifying started at ~19:20 GMT, warm-up at ~19:45 GMT, the race at ~19:55 GMT - and I announced on TeamSpeak when the in-game session would be progressed. If you had let me know about this issue sooner then I could have assisted, and directed you to connect to the correct server.

Once again, I am terribly sorry about this issue. I hope that you will be able to join us for the next event, and if you experience any issues then please get my attention and let me know as soon as possible - I am always more than happy to help. :)

Well I think I figured out my error. When you mention the other server I realized that I had left the server at some point to add a push to talk key in TeamSpeak and some how :sleep: returned to the wrong server. ............Dohh

I just hate it when I have no one to blame but myself.:redface:

Thanks for the direction.

During my pit stop I recall someone saying on TS there was a car in his pit box. I think that car was ME!!! In the replay a blue LMP3 ran into the back of me as I was having my tyres changed. I didn't feel any bump and thought he was stopped in the box behind me. When I drove off he enters the pit box I just vacated.

@BloodySalmonMan - was that you? Obviously it wasn't my fault, but I feel bad that it messed up your race. Just bad luck we pitted at the same time and I was in the box first. I'm assuming it happened because there wasn't enough pit boxes?

During my pit stop I recall someone saying on TS there was a car in his pit box. I think that car was ME!!! In the replay a blue LMP3 ran into the back of me as I was having my tyres changed. I didn't feel any bump and thought he was stopped in the box behind me. When I drove off he enters the pit box I just vacated.

@BloodySalmonMan - was that you? Obviously it wasn't my fault, but I feel bad that it messed up your race. Just bad luck we pitted at the same time and I was in the box first. I'm assuming it happened because there wasn't enough pit boxes?
Yeah that must have been me. That’s alright mate I already made a mistake before that and I had no passion to get back to the top really hahaha. But still it was strange and obviously that was a bug I reckon, no need to feel bad for that mate:thumbsup:

Well I think I figured out my error. When you mention the other server I realized that I had left the server at some point to add a push to talk key in TeamSpeak and some how :sleep: returned to the wrong server. ............Dohh

I just hate it when I have no one to blame but myself.:redface:

Thanks for the direction.
Oh dear - I'm very sorry about that mate. :( My guess is that you logged-in to the ''RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LM DARK' server, without realising; I was debating as to whether or not I should shut down that server, but decided to keep it in the end in case anyone was interested in giving it a go while the real event was underway. So I am also partly to blame for this mistake, and causing confusion... my apologies. :unsure:

Yeah that must have been me. That’s alright mate I already made a mistake before that and I had no passion to get back to the top really hahaha. But still it was strange and obviously that was a bug I reckon, no need to feel bad for that mate:thumbsup:
I can confirm that this is not a bug, but a result of how rFactor 2 works. Each car can be assigned an individual "pit group" in a vehicle mod, and there is nothing to stop these from being the same for multiple cars. As far as I'm aware, the game will try to do its best to assign a single car to a single pit-box (as long as each car has a different "pit group" defined), however this is not always possible due to the number of participants compared to the number of available pit-boxes at a track. If there are more cars than pit-boxes then rFactor 2 will either randomly assign additional cars to pit-boxes, or it will go back through the pit-boxes in order and assign each additional car to a pit-box - I can't remember which of these two strategies it uses. This will obviously result in cars sharing pit-boxes, and in this unfortunate case the both of you happened to pit at the same time so a clash occurred. The other possibility is that multiple cars in the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod have been assigned to the same "pit group", in which case they would also share pit-boxes; this is a possibility given the sheer number of cars (many may just have different liveries and designs, but they are still deemed to be individual cars) that formulate this pack.

There is an admin command, /pitbydriver, which can be used to temporarily assign a driver to a different pit-box, but in the heat of the moment during the race this completely slipped my mind... :redface: Apologies @BloodySalmonMan.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%