rF2 SPECIAL EVENT/LIVE STREAM: 90 Minutes of Le Mans - Fri 15Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That happened to me a couple of times last nite! I didn't realise it was the Porker that caused it. The game suddenly hung when I was full speed on the straight - a bit jarring in VR as I got a flash of white light. Also my wheel went full lock to the left and stayed locked in that position. I had to reboot my PC and the rotation had gone from 900 to 180 degrees - I reset it in the profiler.

The problem is real for me. I better choose a car other than the Porsche and Corvette :cautious:
Ah, right - well then I stand corrected. :redface: Thank you for the information, and apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused. We only became aware of this issue after the event had been planned.

That happened to me a couple of times last nite! I didn't realise it was the Porker that caused it. The game suddenly hung when I was full speed on the straight - a bit jarring in VR as I got a flash of white light. Also my wheel went full lock to the left and stayed locked in that position. I had to reboot my PC and the rotation had gone from 900 to 180 degrees - I reset it in the profiler.

The problem is real for me. I better choose a car other than the Porsche and Corvette :cautious:
Same happened to me, game crashed and my wheel went full lock left (porsche)
Modded car and track, lots of issues^^

What have the other issues been? This is the only real issue as far as I'm aware. The frame drop when driving at night could happen with any track, regardless of whether or not it has been developed by a 3rd party modder, and could probably be counteracted by changing a few settings in this particular situation.

Same happened to me, game crashed and my wheel went full lock left (porsche)
Reading the S397 forum - apparently it only happens when you lower the downforce and the cars go over a certain speed. But it's also random which is why it doesn't happen every time. Both times it happened I was doing over 180+mph approaching the 2nd chicane.

@Daiman Patel It might be an idea to not run the Porsche and Corvette. One of the authors of this mod confirmed it a known bug and requires a physics update to fix. There's a chance anyone who drives one of these cars on Friday will have a PC hang mid-race.
Corvettes C7 give screen freeze problems,it has already happened on several servers, I do not recommend the corvette, it freezes the screen and ejects you from the game:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:
This is why I provided the warning, to make all participants aware of the problem. It is a known issue, which has been acknowledged by the developers. That being said, I'm not going to prevent anyone from driving either of these two cars (if they get the setup "right" then they might be able to avoid the problem, as the forum post and videos suggest); those who do select one of these cars will do so at their own risk.

Hi I have been trying to find the link to the password for the server but simply can't find it. Is there a link I can follow to the pot of gold. :D

Thanks
There is a link in the opening post of this thread to both the dedicated server and TeamSpeak password. :)

So the DLC + update will drop tomorrow Friday 8pm cest, we all have to download the content patch + update which brings perfomance improvements etc..

Last edited:
Thanks Damian for the redirection. Next question please, do you have a live timing app showing every ones lap times on the active servers?
Not a problem mate! :)

Live timing will only be available tomorrow evening, during the event. RaceDepartment has a policy for not sharing lap times for club races, especially before the event itself, as it could potentially deter people from signing up and participating. I'm sorry about this, but my hands are tied. :unsure:

So the DLC + update will drop tomorrow Friday 20 cest :whistling:
If there is an update released tomorrow evening, before the event, for the dedicated server as well as the rFactor 2 client then I will post a notice in this thread to inform everyone how to proceed. I expect that we will update the server prior to the event, to avoid any confusion and complication, therefore you will all need to ensure that your client installs are up-to-date.

Will we be able to use the bmw m8 gte launched tomorrow?
No, and are there several reasons why...
  1. Everyone who has chosen to participate would be required to purchase the new Endurance Pack (or the specific cars that are used) - this will not be practical, or necessarily feasible
  2. If there are any issues with the new cars upon launch then they could ruin the event
  3. The .rfmod file would need to be recreated before the event, which would waste a significant amount of time; I will not have access to the new pack before anyone else, and even if I did then I would not have enough time to sort this out during the day
We shall be using only the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod for this event. We may use the Endurance Pack for future events, but certainly not tomorrow.

No, and are there several reasons why...
  1. Everyone who has chosen to participate would be required to purchase the new Endurance Pack (or the specific cars that are used) - this will not be practical, or necessarily feasible
  2. If there are any issues with the new cars upon launch then they could ruin the event
  3. The .rfmod file would need to be recreated before the event, which would waste a significant amount of time; I will not have access to the new pack before anyone else, and even if I did then I would not have enough time to sort this out during the day
We shall be using only the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod for this event. We may use the Endurance Pack for future events, but certainly not tomorrow.

They are different mod and they have nothing in common, it would not be fair, it is not correct, only enduracers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.