Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

I have added back most of the gauges to the cars now, but much tweaking is needed to get them point in the right direction and in the right scale.
Most cars also have working brake lights. Other lights needs more work as it seems race07 only supports one headlights material, but these cars have many. So I might have to make one bigger texture and edit the mapping.

I think Race Remaster will be updated soon, with the new tweaks added.
Decided to disable pitcrew max detail in menu, as it didn't work anyway.
Pitcrew objects only loads at level 1 (medium) and 2 (high). I tested to temporarily make it load these on 3 (max), but I saw no difference in game, so it was easier this way. Just a few pitcrews are visible, I don't know why...
There is no obvious reason what I can see.

There could be a WTCC 2012 update or tinytweak soon.
The readme file says:

"Feel free to upload this mod anywhere you want, till credits are given and this readme file is NOT deleted from the pack.
Any changes to the files are allowed without asking, but please share them with the community if you think you have improved this mod towards a more realistic way."

Most of the changes are already done.

1.jpg

Status update

Released

Race Remaster
Super Touring track pack
STW 1998/1999 addon pack for Super Touring Seasons

WIP projects:

Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars
* First STW pack is updated, could use some more work, but I try to keep it simple here. If it is popular there might be more adaptions/conversions.

Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
* Nothing new here for the moment.

Super Touring Experience
* Nothing new here for the moment. The plan is to finish the simulator part first before adding more in race simulations.

TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons.
* WTCC 2012 could be next.

Touring car legends
* Slow progress for the moment, working on some boring and time consuming things.

Long time/paused projects:
Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2.
* Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

STCC 2003
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.
Haven't decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

GT3 Huracan
* some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

WTCC 12/13 is finished I think, but not uploaded yet.

Continuing the work on STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002 as they are interlinked).
Realized that the Honda Civic model was still not good enough, it looks wrong.
Probably the blueprint that I used was not the best, resulting in bad over all shape.
I think it will look better this way:

1665524631696.png

Not sure how much work I will spend on this as there are so many things going on.
There are always more things to improve, but it gets overwhelming to fix every little detail :O_o:

Status update

Released

WTCC 2012/2013 update for Race Remaster

WIP projects:
STCC 2003 and ETCC 2002
* Fixed STCC 2003 pitcrew load crash.
* Updated Honda Civic body.
* Fixed some windows transparency to work better with Race Remaster.
* Updated some car refmaps to latest standard.
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look. Haven't still decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

3.jpg

Super Touring Experience
* Nothing new here for the moment. The plan is to finish the simulator part first before adding more in race simulations.

* WTCC 2009 or 2011 if I get permission.

Touring car legends
* Slow progress for the moment, working on some boring and time consuming things.

Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars.

* Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

GT3 Huracan

You have been playin around with the code, so I'm surprised there was no way to get rid of car IDs at all? I mean, the original game or engine (gmotor or rfactor) did work completely different via categories and classes defined in the vehicle definition files. Would be strange somehow if Simbin did actually rewrote or disabled that code. It would be awesome to re-enable that original behavior and get rid of the limitations :cool:

Yes that would be great, but sadly I have no idea for the moment how to do that :roflmao:
I found a way to load gdb files like in GTR2, but the game crashed all the time...

Anyway I have found how to read minidump files (using visual studio), maybe that can help.

I didn't plan for this, but next version of Race Remaster will include an updated Alfa Romeo 156 model. The front of the car is reshaped: front bumper is lower and air intakes reshaped, headlights are reshaped and wider, hood more aggressive looking, grille less pointy, front more rounded seen from above. Used real photo as reference, so should be quite accurate now. More things could be added, but I think this is a good improvement so far.

1665695700533.png

Status update (again)

WIP projects:

Race Remaster
* New update soon. Updated Alfa Romeo 156 car model, some corrected sun positioning for a few tracks, some minor materials updates, minor shader updates (flat objects/2dspectators, trees, sky etc)

Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars.
* There are things in the pipeline.

Touring car legends
I have received more cars for more seasons. Group A era could be very well covered in Race 07.

STCC 2003 and ETCC 2002
* Fixed STCC 2003 pitcrew load crash.
* Updated Honda Civic body.
* Fixed some windows transparency to work better with Race Remaster.
* Updated some car refmaps to latest standard.
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look. Haven't still decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

Super Touring Experience

* WTCC 2009 or 2011 if I get permission.

GT3 Huracan

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to trying the Remaster update after it comes out.
Touring car legends
I have received more cars for more seasons. Group A era could be very well covered in Race 07.
Well that certainly catches my eye :D Very nice.

When turning the front wheels actually need different steering angles, because the wheel on the outside travels in a bigger radius. If the steering arms are attached to the hub parallell to the hub (in X or car width direction) the wheel on the inside doesn't turn enough, pushing the car a little bit more straight forward than it should, resulting in less steering capacity and a greater risk of loosing grip.

So steering arms that are positioned in front of front wheels should be a little bit longer, and steering arms positioned to the rear should be shorter.

1666421237956.png

1666421218742.png

This actually seems to work as it should in the game, but it is not used in the suspension files. I think it is "fixed" by using more ai front grip bias and a greater ai tyre slip angle :unsure:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies