Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

I hadn't started the game either for a while, so that was a suprise today.
I thought maybe something was messed up when I used some mods with toca2 (unlikely, but don't know...) Maybe if some graphics card test fails at game startup?

Last edited:
Status update

Released:

* STCC2 tracks update

2.jpg

Almost finished:
* GTR EVO tracks update (Nurburgring tracks).
Just the last details left. It is a huge track, so a little bit more issues than other updated tracks has to be accepted.

2.jpg

WIP projects:

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
- Some more exterior details have been added.
Sadly I can't start my extra Super Touring race 07 install for the moment (graphics config issue, it is saved, but still config.exe opens instead of game. Can't find a way to repair a copy of the game, and copying over the repaired game doesn't work. Seems to have something to do with the folders strangely...)

* Super Touring Track pack
Possibly add a few more track side objects, might need permission to use.

* Misc
Looking in game code now and then for useful things, but mostly just for fun.
Should possibly update wtcc 1987, but it works quite well as it is.
Also testing some shader things (more of the 'simulated physics based' shading), but it is such a huge thing to start editing and make all things consistent and work well with previous updates, so not sure it will result in anything at all. Everything should be more based on material roughness.
More rougness (by specular map or power depending on material) => bigger and softer specular, less cubemap, softer normals shading.

Also updated a little bit of the super touring UI, as the first one looks quite boring now.

Long time/paused projects:

* Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars
- add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod. Not decided what to focus on, (and can't start the Super Touring version of the game anyway...)

* Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2.
- Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

* TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons.
Much of 2005 is done. Also updated other seasons.

* STCC 2003
- Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.
Haven't decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

* GT3 Huracan
- some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 42
The error is surely connected to the folders, if I rename the folders the other game works...
I think I will change the mod structure to include gamedata and uidata in standard race 07 install and change folder names from two start icons (one of the games remaster/original is active. When starting one of the versions a check is made, and if it is deactivated the starter will switch games before starting.)
It should prevent the errors that some have, and be possible to share game and controller profiles. And also a few megabytes.

Status update

Released:

* GTR EVO tracks update (Nurburgring tracks).

Almost finished:
* New mod structure and installer.
Remaster is in same folder as standard game, but when choosing game shortcut a quick check is done and the game folder are changed if needed.
Also included stating of companian2.exe if present.
It works as it should here, but some more testing is needed.

WIP projects:

Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
* Some more exterior details have been added. Much more to do...

1660334068171.png

1660334287465.png

Super Touring Track pack
* Possibly add a few more track side objects, might need permission to use.

Misc
* Looking in game code now and then for useful things, but mostly just for fun.
Also testing some shader things (more of the 'simulated physics based' shading), but it is such a huge thing to start editing and make all things consistent and work well with previous updates, so not sure it will result in anything at all. Everything should be more based on material roughness.
More rougness (by specular map or power depending on material) => bigger and softer specular, less cubemap, softer normals shading.

Also updated a little bit of the super touring UI, as the first one looks quite boring now.

Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars
* add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod. Not decided what to focus on, (and can't start the Super Touring version of the game anyway...)

Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2.
* Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons.
* Much of 2005 is done. Also updated other seasons.

STCC 2003
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.
Haven't decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

GT3 Huracan
* some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

Last edited:
WTCC 2005 is ready soon. Added the usual "tinytweak" things, tweaked for Remaster, updated windows textures for more consistency.
A few more things left to fix. As mentioned earlier this is not my mod, I just add some updates.

View attachment 593503

Will WTCC 2005 be uploaded as a whole mod or just updates? The WTCC 2005 is kinda hard to find nowadays, and I can recall it having conflicts with DLC. Would be awesome to have.

Status update

Released:

* WTCC 2005 with AFSC Tinytweak.

WIP projects:

Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
* Some more exterior details have been added. Much more to do...

Super Touring Track pack
* Possibly add a few more track side objects, might need permission to use.

Super Touring Experience
* A lot of code updates and tweaks. The program is now an exe file with file permissions.
Now support for BTC mod a and super touring tracks pack, years 2001 - 2003 added. Should also be more user friendly.

1662568445491.png

Also experimenting with a race simulator to simulate some of the season races (optional). The simulator could have an in season mode to show race results and/or do races and save to championship file. Cars can draft a little bit and avoid some collisions. Also do simple pitstops. Race track is just straight, but corners will be "simulated".

1662568730598.png

Not sure this will result in something real, we will see...

Misc
* Looking in game code now and then for useful things, but mostly just for fun.

Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars
* add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod. Not decided what to focus on, (and can't start the Super Touring version of the game anyway...)

Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2.
* Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons.
* Maybe more available seasons??

STCC 2003
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.

GT3 Huracan
* some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 159 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 30 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 54 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 67 36.8%