Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

No Race 07 work for a few days, have been busy with work and a just for fun coding project: a nes style javascript game engine, here using super mario textures, but it could be tweaked to be different similar games. I have an idea to see what would happen if the enemies were 'intelligent' and could block and attack depending on the circumstances...

1670347166364.png

Back to Race 07, I'll try to add a minor Race Remaster update, Toca World Touring Cars skinnpack and minor ST Ui update next. Need to finish some projects now.

Status update

Released:
Toca World Touring Cars

This adaption of very nice car skins from @Markano97 could still use some more work, but I have so many things to work on so I thought I should release it now and maybe return to improve some things (mainly talent files and minor details) later.

Next thing will probably be minor ST Ui update or maybe early TCL preview release (still missing most headlights and interior drivers)? Not sure, still spending much free time on javascript version of Super Mario...

WIP projects:
Touring car legends
* Slow progress for the moment, working on some boring and time consuming things.
I have received more cars for more seasons. Group A era could be very well covered in Race 07.

STCC 2003 and ETCC 2002
* Fixed STCC 2003 pitcrew load crash.
* Updated Honda Civic body.
* Fixed some windows transparency to work better with Race Remaster.
* Updated some car refmaps to latest standard.
* Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look. Haven't still decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2)
* Nothing new here for the moment.

Super Touring Experience
* Nothing new here for the moment. The plan is to finish the simulator part first before adding more in race simulations.

Long time/paused projects:
TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons
* WTCC 2009 or 2011 if I get permission.

Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2
* Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

GT3 Huracan
* some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

I just update GTR2 with your new shaders:
illumination seem sharper full 24hs
the way the sunlight is hiting the normals of every object is awesome
grass normals transitions seem smoother now
all textures looking crispier than ever
some more unseen lost textures appear now
trees looking definitely better
no more black trees on SRPL tree shader
player headlights seem to have more reach
shadows looking smoother on edges and also:
reduced overlaping on each other by a lot;
no more shadows "transpassing" surfaces (been casted were there is already no sun light)
new ones appear that were unseen.

Last edited:
Super Touring UI might look something like this in the future.
I would like to add the selected car in many places (the car should be the main thing in menus), but sadly sometimes the game crashes when showing the car spinner.
It seems to be caused by an error when the car model is bot loaded fast enough, and the direct3d device is blocked(?)

I have created a "Race07 font" and use it in the menus together with Helvetica Bold, because that is the Super Touring era drivers name font.

stUi1.jpg

I have created a "Race07 font"
What software have you used?
I want to create a monospace font to display a table in the game
class class id model model id car power
With all the fonts the letters cannot be aligned to columns, because the letters are different width.

I would like to add the selected car in many places (the car should be the main thing in menus), but sadly sometimes the game crashes when showing the car spinner.
It seems to be caused by an error when the car model is bot loaded fast enough
I display the car in 3 places: Race Event main page (full screen)
Car selector (half screen)
Championship, before the next event (small).
I know only one car model that is not displayed at all, but I haven't analyzed it yet. It may be caused by repeating material name (such as floor) in car data, or in .cas there is something too much set to <notspin>
But indeed, I had an issue that a good car was not displayed, it was maybe once for 1000 times, the computer could just fail for a moment. A different 3D software (editor for example) could be open in the same time.

Last edited:
What software have you used?
I want to create a monospace font to display a table in the game
class class id model model id car power
With all the fonts the letters cannot be aligned to columns, because the letters are different width.

I display the car in 3 places: Race Event main page (full screen)
Car selector (half screen)
Championship, before the next event (small).
I know only one car model that is not displayed at all, but I haven't analyzed it yet. It may be caused by repeating material name (such as floor) in car data, or in .cas there is something too much set to <notspin>
But indeed, I had an issue that a good car was not displayed, it was maybe once for 1000 times, the computer could just fail for a moment. A different 3D software (editor for example) could be open in the same time.

I just use Gimp to edit the tga files. First I isolate the hidden (transparent) grid and green pixels (that sets the width of the letters) from one included font and use it as the first layer.
There is also one green end pixel near the bottom. Editing the last pixel and some other things can make the font not usable in game. The other green pixels can be moved to adjust letter widths.

1674680873515.png

WIP projects:
Touring car legends
* Slow progress for the moment, working on some boring and time consuming things.
I have received more cars for more seasons. Group A era could be very well covered in Race 07.
Do you have any interest in covering some minor championships or just DTM/BTCC? I'm sitting on a bunch of skins I never released for TCL that I was thinking of re-working (Dutch, Belgian and Italian championships from 1987-1989).

Do you have any interest in covering some minor championships or just DTM/BTCC? I'm sitting on a bunch of skins I never released for TCL that I was thinking of re-working (Dutch, Belgian and Italian championships from 1987-1989).
I think I have started too many projects, so maybe I'll try to release what I have converted and updated soon, and let someone else continue the work on it and to add more series/cars.

This could mean
* a few standard car sound files from Simbin cars from wtcc 87 (easy to replace if someone want to work on that)
* limited car lights to start with, but working brake lights obviously.
* possibly no drivers arms in cockpit, or at least not very much time spent on tweaking positions.

Of course this is not how to make the best mods, but I think it is better to have this than having a great mod but that never gets released :O_o:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.