Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Materials and normals are getting better, but still need some tweaking. Front headlight reflections are hard to get right.

Here are screenshots from testing the 'new' fresnel shader by Bjarne Hansen.
They give a nice and smooth look, but they also reduce the amount of visual cubemap, probably because of the fresnel effect. There is a brighter cubemap texture included in the download for those who prefer more reflections. I am trying to balance the car to look ok with old and new shaders.

c70dtm11.jpg

c70dtm10.jpg

Looking niiiiiiiiice! :cool: Keep it up. Really looking forward to that!

Still, I don't know why, but something looks odd :O_o:. Cannot really tell what it is exactly, but could be a combination of that mirrors (wrong type?), wheels (size and also ride height or clearance in the fenders), and the rear wing!?

Out of curiosity, do you want to picture that car Zackspeed made? Cause I did lookup some fotos and found a couple of differences in the shape (e.g. see Speedhunters, 12cilindros, drivetribe). The "original" looked a bit more curvy and had some more complex shaped sideskirts.

The model I make (or at least my old Need for Speed 4 model it is based on) is mainly made to represent this mini model at the Volvo museum, but with a few changes to better match the other DTM cars. Also might replicate the livery.

1595667123738.png

Rear mirrors are road car version, but they are under consideration. I really don't like the ones on the prototype car, but I might still make them or perhaps the smaller version of this mini model.

I will reshape the rear wheel arch slightly and maybe add an extra plane to the rear wing to make it look more similar to the others.

This is more of a just for fun project than some others, but if it gets more serious in the future, I might try to replicate the real car more closely with its different 'bodykit' :)

So, what about this wonderful cockpit? :p

View attachment 392192

I had to paint this livery and make a metallic looking material for it

View attachment 392197

Still consider painting a silver and blue Volvo factory livery too, but I don't know which drivers to put in the cars. Jörg van Ommen can drive one car, the black one, since he was the test driver.

As much as I've no immediate interest in running these in a series, it looks really good! For a driver can I suggest someone like Mattias Ekstrom? This is around the years 1999/2000 right? So maybe steal a factory driver of the time from the Swedish Touring Car championship.

But anyway, looking good all the same!

Well, that car that was build to contend in the 2000 DTM and then just made it to the 24h Nordschleife event in the same year, was in possession of Zakspeed. Don't if it still is standing in Niederzissen, Germany, but maybe it really does!?
If that is the case, contacting Zakspeed could help getting the missing reference images OR I could ask one of my contacts if he has "a better idea" :cool: Just let me know!

Yes, some interior images wouldn't hurt if you have an idea how to get them :D

If it is possible to do without too much work I might be able to update the interior, or maybe it will be in a later update. Progress is slower than expected for the moment, but at least some work has been done. Have to make a suspension file and try to find a good standard setup.

c70dtm12.jpg
c70dtm13.jpg

Last edited:
There are some useful camera angles there. Maybe some things can be used in this version, but probably trying to redo the interior and exterior later.
I guess they would add a dashboard if the car had participated in DTM like the other cars had?

And something else that I started modelling some years ago. I had an idea that the ST Experience career should start in these, but it was too much work.
1597488808463.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea