Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

@AndreasFSC I don´t know what an indirect answer is or can be so..

You seem pretty expert on the subject (as always said, I know nothing about shaders) I was just making a sugestion to cooperate with you asking about the cockpit darkness.
I post some recent screens of sascha´s GT3 and its values for you to also have a comparison point.

It make me remember how I always think that bottom of surfaces (like bridges) should be darker. I make simple draws to make myself clear.
I also wonder about how much the scene would change if everything and even bumpmaping would receive this treat.
I don't have the time to check now, but I wonder if the reason for many of the my shaders not working in gtr2 a lack of refmap alpha (more than on/off) in that game? I think Bjarne told me something about that a while ago :unsure:

If that's the case I could probably replace that by a color.

1. Super Touring cars update will probably be released in a few days.
Updates including:
Tweak for reloaded shaders/race remaster
Fix for pitcrew support/wheels
Minor updates and fixes for all car interiors
Some minor car shape improvements
+ various minor fixes
Super Touring seasons add-on should be released the same day or the next.

2. Probably there will be a minor super touring track pack update after that, mainly Snetterton updates.
I think that I will finally replace the spectators with my fake 3d ones, as they are less flat when seen from a different angle. Could also add some low poly 3d spectators in pit lane maybe.

25.jpg

I think this update to the Super Touring mod is finished now (unless I find some last minute things).
* All included cars has got updated materials to work better with reloaded shaders.
(Glass shader is used, so from this update the mod works only together with those shaders)
* Minor interior updates to all cars, some cars got more and some only got a little.
(rear mirrors normals tweaks, steering wheel textures improvements, upscaled dash textures, + much )
* Changed Audi A4 4wd rear brakes to more standard (had bigger brakes in reality, still bigger visually) to prevent lower speed wheel lock up.
* All cars should work with pit crew.

28.jpg

Last edited:
Status update
Very little going on for the moment. Or, there are many projects, but very little work.
I like to think about and plan for projects, but not doing the 'work' right now.
I might take a break from that for some time. Sorry for sometimes forgetting to answer messages here at Racedepartment.

Released:

* STCC/TTA mod for Reloaded shaders /Race Remaster

* Extra Race 07 tracks for Reloaded shaders /Race Remaster

Crowne Plaza and Vara Raceway included so far

WIP projects:

* Extra Race 07 tracks update
Imola and Estoril tracks have had most of the updates. A few z-fighting objects and some spectators standing in the air are left to fix.

* STCC 2008 tracks update
Most materials are updated, but there are a lot of z-fighting left to fix.

* Super Touring Track pack
Possibly add a few track side objects

* Misc
Looking in game code now and then for useful things, but mostly just for fun.
Should possibly update wtcc 1987, but it works quite well as it is.
Also testing some shader things (more of the 'simulated physics based' shading), but it is such a huge thing to start editing and make all things consistent and work well with previous updates, so not sure it will result in anything at all. Everything should be more based on material roughness.
More rougness (by specular map or power depending on material) => bigger and softer specular, less cubemap, softer normals shading.

Also updated a little bit of the super touring UI, as the first one looks quite boring now.

Long time/paused projects:

* Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars
- add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod

* Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2.
- Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

* STCC 2003
- Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.
Haven't decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
- Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan
- some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

Status update

Released:

* Extra Race 07 tracks update

Estoril track is now included. Not sure there is any need to update Hockenheim track, so possibly finished for now.

WIP projects:

* STCC 2008 tracks update
Most materials are updated, but there are a lot of z-fighting left to fix.
- Maybe next thing to finish?

* GTR EVO tracks update (Nurburgring tracks)
Most of the work is done, but a little bit too much flickering left still.

* Super Touring Track pack
Possibly add a few more track side objects

* Misc
Looking in game code now and then for useful things, but mostly just for fun.
Should possibly update wtcc 1987, but it works quite well as it is.
Also testing some shader things (more of the 'simulated physics based' shading), but it is such a huge thing to start editing and make all things consistent and work well with previous updates, so not sure it will result in anything at all. Everything should be more based on material roughness.
More rougness (by specular map or power depending on material) => bigger and softer specular, less cubemap, softer normals shading.

Also updated a little bit of the super touring UI, as the first one looks quite boring now.

Long time/paused projects:

* Super Touring Europe and/or Toca World Touring Cars
- add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod

* Test track and Alpine climb from Toca2.
- Might continue later, using new shaders and maybe other things I have learnt from Simbin tracks.

* TinyTweaks to other WTCC seasons.
Much of 2005 is done. Also updated other seasons.

* STCC 2003
- Have to balance the performance of the cars and improve the visuals slightly for a more even look.
Haven't decided what to do about car ID's, but will probably reuse ID's, maybe from BTC-T mod.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
- Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan
- some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.