Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

A question:
Do anyone drive these cars?

Physically they should be not too far from the real ones, because I use all the real specs and suspension geometry that I have found.
But the cars are hard to master, and I am not the most skilled driver, so for me it is more a matter of just collecting the cars and learn more about them than actually driving them.

Thought the front looked too plain, so I added a modeled rim to the grille. But I didn't model the mesh, as it only increases the poly count without adding any value. My cars are not made to watch that close.
1617558635195.png

Do anyone drive these cars?
I'd say there is a big community on the other side of the globe. There have been very good mods for rFactor and rFactor2 around and also Automobilista has/had v8 Stockcars. Race07 probably wasn't the first place to go for fans of these cars, but that could change if you publish a full mod :thumbsup:
I would definitely drive them occasionally. Probably would prefer some simplified physics for driving fun. However, I would also take the challenge :cool:

Status update:

Newly released:

* AL Supercars - added Ford Falcon, updated some materials and fixed some minor things.

WIP projects, descending priority:

* STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002)
- Working on car setups, and some polishing. Updated some materials.
Still not happy with the way some cars look. The mod will have some slightly modified versions of other cars, mainly from btc-t. I hope I can improve them just a little bit more.

* Super Touring track pack
- some more polishing/fixes are planned, Oulton Park track needs to be smoother in some places.

* Updates to TinyTweaks, add collision feelers - a few left to do

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

Long time projects:

* GT3 Huracan
- some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
- Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* Test track from Toca2.
- Works in game now, but much left to do.

* Super Touring Europe
- add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod.

Status update:

Newly released:

* ETCC 2002 - collision feelers and some updated materials

WIP projects, descending priority:

* STCC 2003
- Added back 6 speed gearboxes that were introduced for s2000 cars in 2003 and also added some more downforce to be closer to the later s2000 cars. This had an impact on the performance and balance of the cars so more development is needed. Also not quite happy with how some cars look yet.
Also there are some problems with lack of car ID's. I have used all of them except those that are taken by Simbin...

* Super Touring track pack
- some more polishing/fixes are planned, Oulton Park track needs to be smoother in some places.

* Updates to some TinyTweaks, add collision feelers - a few left to do

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

Long time projects:

* GT3 Huracan
- some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2).
- Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* Test track from Toca2.
- Works in game now, but much left to do.

* Super Touring Europe
- add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes