Somethings fishy here, today I got several „bad gateway“ errors, and download speed was down to 20 kB only on this site.
Please look into it.
In fact we've had some unusual issues on the site today so that will be what caused the bad gateway errors you mention. I can believe that the download speeds will have been a bit variable for the same reason.

I'm 100% positive that this is on my ISPs side, especially since I can VPN into a server in Canada and get good speeds to that from RD.

I ran a trace route last night out of curiosity and I have 16 hops between home network and RD, with several hundred ms of latency. I am trying to raise a ticket with my ISP but before they will let me go any further and escalate this up to a higher tier they are requesting a "reverse" trace route from RD to me.

Is there anyway I can get someone to do that? Thanks in advance!

i encounter this too actually, not everytime just on multiple occasion RD is very very slow, i even tried to use different wifi (from different ISP) and i get the same result, i can browse RD normally but download speed is very slow.

It takes over a minute just to download a skin that is merely 2 megabytes big, and the website struggles to load images around that size. This is absolutely not my Internet connection; I've checked speeds on other websites and they are running perfectly fine, and this issue started happening recently on RaceDepartment.

When can I expect the servers to run normally again?

As Ross said, the site is fine for the vast majority of our users.
It's quite likely that there's a connectivity issue between your ISP and ours. Internet routing is a complicated business, and it's not always easy to work out where the problem lies.
The best way to address this is for you to tell your ISP about the problem and ask them if they know what's wrong :thumbsup:

Hello,

A year later and I'm also getting around 40kb/s as a maximum.
Nothing wrong with my connection speed and I'm based in Sweden.

Is there a cap on the speed?

1601120045552.png

A year later and I'm also getting around 40kb/s as a maximum.
Nothing wrong with my connection speed and I'm based in Sweden.
Is there a cap on the speed?
Nope, no caps on download rates.
This is still the best advice I can give to people in your situation, because internet routing can mean that you get full wire speed from one site and very poor speed from another site (even in the same country sometimes):
I would still suggest checking with your ISP if they know of any reason why you should have poor d/l speeds from our site.
However, something else you could try is to go to the https://www.speedtest.net/ site and use the "Change Server" button to select various Dutch servers, just to see if any of them show the same issue. (There are over 20 different servers to choose from, in Amsterdam alone.)

I'm having trouble downloading big files like AC tracks, it ALWAYS fails to finish the download. This didn't happen before. I have AdBlock and uBlock disabled on this site.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back