Skoda Octavia Cup 2018

Cars Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The "V2" will be better in almost every way, we had awesome support from real drivers, those guys helped us to take it even closer to real car as it was. The release date will be probably next week, we are in the phase of "polishing" final version. The second version with lights will come a little later but I will definitely do it and it will be as a standalone car.

Fuzo updated Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 with a new update entry:

Update 2.0

Fixes and updates in v. 2.0:
Physics:
  • tweaked dampers (fast bump/rebound)
  • tweaked ride height
  • fixed tire overheating in certain conditions
  • tires now should last longer
  • added "overrev protection" (if you hit limiter engine cuts power)
  • tweaked downshift time and clutch behavior according to real car
Model:
  • added better damage textures, improved damage map texture
  • fixed model height in showroom/CM showroom
  • updated cockpit mirror...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oh the whole, it is a great car, but, one aspect of the sound needs changing, it's that horrible Kunos tyre squeal that everyone is fond of using. It's awful and spoils an otherwise nice sounding car. When compiling the bank, look online for samples of other tyre squeals. If you have any Fonsecker sound mods, that is the style and level of tyre sound you should be aiming for.

It's clear just looking at the graph that the mod is off. Not a little, a lot. Assuming this is the same exact same car. Even then, anyone can tell this is wrong just looking at it.

If I had to guess, the car is riding on packers and that is why the test drivers say it feels better this way. I'm not gonna tell you any more how to fix your car because you didn't listen the first time, everything relevant is in that sheet, if it's the same car.

It's clear just looking at the graph that the mod is off. Not a little, a lot. Assuming this is the same exact same car. Even then, anyone can tell this is wrong just looking at it.

If I had to guess, the car is riding on packers and that is why the test drivers say it feels better this way. I'm not gonna tell you any more how to fix your car because you didn't listen the first time, everything relevant is in that sheet, if it's the same car.

Good to hear that, maybe you will start to focus on your own projects not ours. We will survive somehow without your expertise. trust me. ;)

Good to hear that, maybe you will start to focus on your own projects not ours. We will survive somehow without your expertise. trust me. ;)
This kind of jackoff behavior is really hilarious here on RD. There's a data sheet right in front of you, which you don't seem to have because you guys have never posted any graphs or sheets when I ask, and I even tell you most likely why you make the mistake and for what reason, yet you still vehemently defend your staff who doesn't really know what they're doing and who could improve the product a lot by perhaps considering what I said. I've probably been making sim physics longer than your entire team has combined, maybe I keep saying these things for a reason.

Now, of course, if you do post a damper graph from this exact car and show me that they are indeed similar, well, it's clear the dyno had an issue :roflmao: but I will just drop it and accept it. You still haven't done that.

Kenny, I understand your point fully, but the reality of the matter is that Leonardo went out of his way to acquire a damping graph for the car which confirms what I have been saying for some time now. I am yet to be even informed that the current dampers are based on anything concrete to begin with so I am inclined to believe it is not so.

Instead of an argument for the current implementation of the dampers on the car, the project lead decides to ignore the information.

This is really not a factually based way to approach this, and I'd rather not we handle our physics modding this way, so I decided to keep it public where people can see the conversation themselves.

Anyway, I do not know what the physics staff thinks, and I hope they consider the information presented, but the project lead has expressed that they do not require help, so I suppose I'll leave it to them.

PS: An easy way to destroy my argument would be to just post the dampers graphs which the current dampers are based on.

Kenny, I understand your point fully, but the reality of the matter is that Leonardo went out of his way to acquire a damping graph for the car which confirms what I have been saying for some time now. I am yet to be even informed that the current dampers are based on anything concrete to begin with so I am inclined to believe it is not so.

Not wishing to get involved in a disagreement between modders, I can only say from previous discussions, that it doesn't necessarily follow that correct physics produce a great mod. I understand that there are several schools of thought regarding this but ultimately it's down to the creator to choose how they wish to proceed.
I do appreciate your civil response, but I know these things tend to end up being repetitious which is why I stepped in.

@Kyuubeey sorry but I don't see any reason to prove something to you or to defend our mod and the way it has been done againts you. Yes, you might be doing physics much longer than we do, we just started last year, but as @Kenny Paton and few other people said, it is not always about numbers. Not in our world. Instead of numbers we bet on the overal feeling of the car and trust me, people are happy with that. Except you maybe, but I bet you even haven't driven our car on the track :)

You have been provided with a damper graph. I don't understand why you don't just use it. The mod will be better if you implement it correctly.

Oh well, like you said, your team has no experience at all, only one year. Maybe you will understand later. I was a dumbass when I started, it's not very rare.

You have been provided with a damper graph. I don't understand why you don't just use it. The mod will be better if you implement it correctly.
You made your point, thank You again for your effort, we will consider it. Now you can go on with your life...

I tried v2.0 today... Any idea why my tail lights look like this? :
skd1.jpg

Hi, I drove this car for Steibel Motorsports in the 2016 season. @Kyuubeey @Fuzo, if you want feedback on two damping theories I'd be happy to try both and give feedback on the characteristics vs. real life.

Regarding dampers, they were by no means massively adjustable. Pretty basic:
lwqtmiAOfgllIe3EmzG_eH4fIO1LnFiDAl7i5eAXFPRju9DFDYQ5jb4_JioV95A10CEBJkfzk7TXv5CmgvpfBPtgfiM8ePgux5s-_ox5y_HBK7O1wdJZoEx3s7YZSGX_qj0PpQ4beO6M-JOh0xI429YbNsFbbIH1VgC7Dl7_czB0S5ewXvhKliy3mGlJZs96Mb5Hu30JP6Fj7orCpZTktz2VcPkr96TTP0ZiCphh2xHF0Hd59HxTJdyXWQkCp3g8l6F9EBJKguZkPXSIeYXlPoOKS8iFudw_DecpoF9JfzsvUxQijs8fS8IoHjCnJ_QQL_RJL7EIvC-STKH1pO-guxIJ2nvrRSejRacn6aA6CK7IQ4c-6pa_kTaU8Jw2mN6L_tVsEHzZbLDAdEdNBE1icVwohh6CtxOc_nReikElfV7khtUdldar7vHBLw1O9NGK27ixgRFila14O6HPvpwTuC5uJTaLXJX00j4K1DerjoF-OhHSjaavuHUhRkoz2bOPJr5ljT6qDDYnKsif0aj-aWljdC6p9zxE6rAUjmuPueN__1jCyoc5MbUrqw5eHXQ7hy9QVCnoNmLHeN4Afl36HkWIjrSKOWfOOafq-R7Z2QoRu8Cg_wnhsuImf_CxmTVbjCGTH0DoNnFjlGihVIQZhb-BhBmEPzw=w2168-h1434-no

Hb3xazoTSHdBbqWF9uZlh6Aybl2cCzyZB7rK8JB-vc80puppUJsVa9KDmJgC9drO2HFpgs9ChXP2RD4AKF0ibitvPuV31SAj85DBSkQjwgmSLqnp-KXFShxLh4IEcI0YaPRPQRBoCtTMjb2q1RnGj5PbidXQ342AxDqSRKqiXOcYruw-WDfJFJvGHjmO69BUP3oLCAUGZLP1cWc5X06iBqyfad2SDezp_R9uUqIXIeFl3zcXtR5ID8SlIcMC3rHEZ7sNcPeYkDQUZ9DbypbwJv3KhCsvCSgFfKRhWEhVICgXQ4VBliqsInv5rNcRx-qzlrvOOe4oq3W0QeOYJhMykVR200IGdF3P5MFkpHloxl-yS4ckcWIsMqdXVlRtWaLqnjj9BgteXdUbpQ93TT4bnL3evaNMH8ik574Wp65SXmU8u1NpH0HufLFQiFzHpYJNTsoBfR1XSAYunqFxSJjQltv0CDaYt5nuLPP1mAetAbn4Q69NFAyn6j06KGnf4Z4Xm5s0SwGPamzgww7Dy5XgU7bwwOQ0amOZ11FjOi8a2yAYzOINtewBBRQcrsm6XN5aN8cfoTVjEvQK9JJEeozUpcB7JGzaU2frIQ3PJxzQC8X3yxFKgWUiVX7XOh-IY7SvRolPF6V0HQKonuVajmZDDFZGCWJmYcc=w934-h1402-no

Regarding the damper argument:
eP4weFMF4ry51YD1wWMreI-u_rISQn84LeRlTmwfEz9Lv6RvpJyl1-WdRiOa8fwStBXTTHlSly7FdkILGsbyxh1NqHZrvID-G7BGGZf0bKPZarXTfsyOtZjZ11270JCASr07FsguXz85znEH4c1Bg4iI2m1572x9lYiVpeHrVEz_EpEgxBO3V51XG-9pBFtDfblLHN-ABKNEly2cvBkDuzLzKqqfLMtvaFSViy9HIppwy-QYi-rC5PA-SJ3HFs_iaJlot_zx5TPfQNVI0BncbWibXq42LPzhW6d8d4uFpOO-etIlokpBOfRQ66sOnaUYXb1IM3W5DVFCh7kmeY-eImQ1MNbYkGJsJl8HAbsI4flb4hI3jG_rIWXNSt3n28Jiav8x5CisNX4c6ThPpIDqs5AeXHb0_dPDslxRzRT_SlbOkZU7U44o40mUDiKsdKgVzruG4KOoKUKL5yQ4y99Xjs98pg_4rUIrgdCB26Er_BcgQFSd8ROXZyLCBVBHYMSoZIvRGgUb4HkSkrf1XGBWBAW_TsJmrEUJrMCJ5P4-Dnc703EZeeWuaLTQtorJwIm-AgdGm5_ZPj4iY2K8iGE08q7mZJLwAQTudjHdtmo9gJ5UNkpIwFKK-k0gJIogzH2yTUG58JqGreGeYZgHt58VuN_hxvbCiis=w2258-h1434-no

hopefully that helps

Hi, I drove this car for Steibel Motorsports in the 2016 season. @Kyuubeey @Fuzo, if you want feedback on two damping theories I'd be happy to try both and give feedback on the characteristics vs. real life.

Regarding dampers, they were by no means massively adjustable. Pretty basic:
lwqtmiAOfgllIe3EmzG_eH4fIO1LnFiDAl7i5eAXFPRju9DFDYQ5jb4_JioV95A10CEBJkfzk7TXv5CmgvpfBPtgfiM8ePgux5s-_ox5y_HBK7O1wdJZoEx3s7YZSGX_qj0PpQ4beO6M-JOh0xI429YbNsFbbIH1VgC7Dl7_czB0S5ewXvhKliy3mGlJZs96Mb5Hu30JP6Fj7orCpZTktz2VcPkr96TTP0ZiCphh2xHF0Hd59HxTJdyXWQkCp3g8l6F9EBJKguZkPXSIeYXlPoOKS8iFudw_DecpoF9JfzsvUxQijs8fS8IoHjCnJ_QQL_RJL7EIvC-STKH1pO-guxIJ2nvrRSejRacn6aA6CK7IQ4c-6pa_kTaU8Jw2mN6L_tVsEHzZbLDAdEdNBE1icVwohh6CtxOc_nReikElfV7khtUdldar7vHBLw1O9NGK27ixgRFila14O6HPvpwTuC5uJTaLXJX00j4K1DerjoF-OhHSjaavuHUhRkoz2bOPJr5ljT6qDDYnKsif0aj-aWljdC6p9zxE6rAUjmuPueN__1jCyoc5MbUrqw5eHXQ7hy9QVCnoNmLHeN4Afl36HkWIjrSKOWfOOafq-R7Z2QoRu8Cg_wnhsuImf_CxmTVbjCGTH0DoNnFjlGihVIQZhb-BhBmEPzw=w2168-h1434-no

Hb3xazoTSHdBbqWF9uZlh6Aybl2cCzyZB7rK8JB-vc80puppUJsVa9KDmJgC9drO2HFpgs9ChXP2RD4AKF0ibitvPuV31SAj85DBSkQjwgmSLqnp-KXFShxLh4IEcI0YaPRPQRBoCtTMjb2q1RnGj5PbidXQ342AxDqSRKqiXOcYruw-WDfJFJvGHjmO69BUP3oLCAUGZLP1cWc5X06iBqyfad2SDezp_R9uUqIXIeFl3zcXtR5ID8SlIcMC3rHEZ7sNcPeYkDQUZ9DbypbwJv3KhCsvCSgFfKRhWEhVICgXQ4VBliqsInv5rNcRx-qzlrvOOe4oq3W0QeOYJhMykVR200IGdF3P5MFkpHloxl-yS4ckcWIsMqdXVlRtWaLqnjj9BgteXdUbpQ93TT4bnL3evaNMH8ik574Wp65SXmU8u1NpH0HufLFQiFzHpYJNTsoBfR1XSAYunqFxSJjQltv0CDaYt5nuLPP1mAetAbn4Q69NFAyn6j06KGnf4Z4Xm5s0SwGPamzgww7Dy5XgU7bwwOQ0amOZ11FjOi8a2yAYzOINtewBBRQcrsm6XN5aN8cfoTVjEvQK9JJEeozUpcB7JGzaU2frIQ3PJxzQC8X3yxFKgWUiVX7XOh-IY7SvRolPF6V0HQKonuVajmZDDFZGCWJmYcc=w934-h1402-no

Regarding the damper argument:
eP4weFMF4ry51YD1wWMreI-u_rISQn84LeRlTmwfEz9Lv6RvpJyl1-WdRiOa8fwStBXTTHlSly7FdkILGsbyxh1NqHZrvID-G7BGGZf0bKPZarXTfsyOtZjZ11270JCASr07FsguXz85znEH4c1Bg4iI2m1572x9lYiVpeHrVEz_EpEgxBO3V51XG-9pBFtDfblLHN-ABKNEly2cvBkDuzLzKqqfLMtvaFSViy9HIppwy-QYi-rC5PA-SJ3HFs_iaJlot_zx5TPfQNVI0BncbWibXq42LPzhW6d8d4uFpOO-etIlokpBOfRQ66sOnaUYXb1IM3W5DVFCh7kmeY-eImQ1MNbYkGJsJl8HAbsI4flb4hI3jG_rIWXNSt3n28Jiav8x5CisNX4c6ThPpIDqs5AeXHb0_dPDslxRzRT_SlbOkZU7U44o40mUDiKsdKgVzruG4KOoKUKL5yQ4y99Xjs98pg_4rUIrgdCB26Er_BcgQFSd8ROXZyLCBVBHYMSoZIvRGgUb4HkSkrf1XGBWBAW_TsJmrEUJrMCJ5P4-Dnc703EZeeWuaLTQtorJwIm-AgdGm5_ZPj4iY2K8iGE08q7mZJLwAQTudjHdtmo9gJ5UNkpIwFKK-k0gJIogzH2yTUG58JqGreGeYZgHt58VuN_hxvbCiis=w2258-h1434-no

hopefully that helps
Hey. Thanks.

I'm confident that the car will be fine if the dampers are setup according to the data and the team does some research to find that, probably, the car rides some kind of packer or something in corners. There's no real question about how the damping should be done apart from what knee you want it to be accurate at. What's left is to just convince them. They value "real drivers feedback" so much that I guess your damper graph has more value than mine. :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.