Skoda Octavia Cup 2018

Cars Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
One more time for everybody. We had all those data and tables which appeared here in this thread, even more, we had feedback from more than 5 real drivers and one of them was Petr Fulin, the guy who actually built the car in real life, we consulted the physics with more than 3 different estabilished modders, even with FULLINRACE Academy mechanics, engineers and other people involved in Octavia Cup. There is a reason why it was made like it is and yes, our physics guy values more real drivers feedback than numbers, that's what our modding team actually is about at this moment. If someone thinks he can do better physics, feel free to do it, we won't have any objections nor need to unpack it or to look for errors inside. This project is considered finished for us as the real Octavia Cup is so there will be maybe just some small bug fixes and that's it. HOWGH

Dampers are not very negotiable unless there was a serious error in the data acquisition, or like in this case you must choose a specific damping knee from a variety of possible options. In almost no case will you get a more correct car by making dampers which are nothing alike to the real ones.

But whatever, it takes some time to learn mechanics and to find context for what you read and hear.

Hi)
In showroom it is ok, but in a game I have glassy break light...
cJuE1yv3J_w.jpg

mA13IE2wgTM.jpg

I think the wiper blade vibration at high speed needs a tweak. It seems to jerk around really violently.

I created CSP config file and tweaked the wipers a little as this is the CSP feature, check it out. There are some optional sound level tweaks for our league streams, feel free to delete it if you don't like it.

Attachments

• tmm_octavia_cup_2018.ini
    409 bytes · Views: 136
Fixed by switching off real mirrors in Shaders Patch.
--------------
Hi,
I have this problem. The mirrors are all blacked out. The wing and the virtual forced mirror. Any idea how to fix this?
(I do not have this problem in any other car. )

I have also copied over the mod twice to make sure I have all the files in place.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have this problem. The mirrors are all blacked out. The wing and the virtual forced mirror. Any idea how to fix this?
(I do not have this problem in any other car. )

I have also copied over the mod twice to make sure I have all the files in place.

are you using shader patch? try to turn it off and check if the problem persists, if it is OK without shader patch maybe you need to configure virtual mirrors for it, there should be some kind of app for it, I am not sure.

@Fuzo The problem is specifically in the CSP's "real mirrors" feature and it's not unique to the Octavia. I've seen it befoul the mirrors of other cars too, including the base Kunos C7.R and multiple prototype cars (IER Corvette DP, Kunos LMP1, etc), particularly those that use rear-view monitors instead of mirrors. The feature tries to render what might actually be in the line of sight of each mirror, but if the geometry is off, or if it's rendering a rear-view monitor, then you get some unexpected results, or just inky blackness.

Congrats again on a great mod and for now (finally!) being a featured car in a SimRacingSystem series.

I feel like the car does lift of oversteer bit too much. Of course it might depend on the driver preferences, but the one that I never was even close to loosing it, fair enough though, maybe I wasn't pushing that hard

and I won't argue if you tell me that the one that's for rent is setup to be safer ;)

O0O0QW8R-jHDRIhZV-Bc95F80a1NkerpgEJ7Q8InrE6PUrVFaUhox-P9HM7Ukovpq13TMWjyZtY6eh6T47J1xKI_tmwa9mmk-0FlXEnLzEWkOpnAZXS-Lmunyxf_xu_iu4i4O6YYNXq2qIWCLuDHBDvehckWzM7FEBtwepcapNGihTeHWB_ITaFGjij62i2ph5wdPm5TIZuO14GNV2myMSj4OsKzfAFMNyY1BMTLZ9aU5C0Eu5-hutt87oVss5-__KNAAHQkYmZvNwvfx-3MfTu8LUq66V4mY6ALZIvtcOxSmT2rsyakyQzJZMaKal62Xq-BnW5GPfRUL5vdi7kOuifsqH255AVjBZtP6hJx8baYTjORwgHtgd2L_6kRwdmvV0X07JW7l_Zc_g0TvUbekCma3Q1E_5MczVI4cMeBR2NXIOrUO54A174wWuo1R7zah46Qbuhco0f4i3VGBJvMSY2EF4Lh7YpK7wrqop5aUYqXbkUj5SX41xzQB8tcasfIEC8R9jzoeuC9fTOdS-M9Zvv2b1ETzaA1W1t6jQJ8lDIKQDyyINGhUce9tMU3bC03sRo8XmLCtMEVNmRVLSvqQTjPPYOvu3RG5bwmur3vuYM3ynT3i2zaaYJqqdH1vVt-A1inFmxukrQHmUaJINfn41YBHPMvGy8G6cL_psCYGpHvUYgrQHyaIQMPYtrcwA=w1323-h992-no

I feel like the car does lift of oversteer bit too much. Of course it might depend on the driver preferences, but the one that I never was even close to loosing it, fair enough though, maybe I wasn't pushing that hard

and I won't argue if you tell me that the one that's for rent is setup to be safer ;)

O0O0QW8R-jHDRIhZV-Bc95F80a1NkerpgEJ7Q8InrE6PUrVFaUhox-P9HM7Ukovpq13TMWjyZtY6eh6T47J1xKI_tmwa9mmk-0FlXEnLzEWkOpnAZXS-Lmunyxf_xu_iu4i4O6YYNXq2qIWCLuDHBDvehckWzM7FEBtwepcapNGihTeHWB_ITaFGjij62i2ph5wdPm5TIZuO14GNV2myMSj4OsKzfAFMNyY1BMTLZ9aU5C0Eu5-hutt87oVss5-__KNAAHQkYmZvNwvfx-3MfTu8LUq66V4mY6ALZIvtcOxSmT2rsyakyQzJZMaKal62Xq-BnW5GPfRUL5vdi7kOuifsqH255AVjBZtP6hJx8baYTjORwgHtgd2L_6kRwdmvV0X07JW7l_Zc_g0TvUbekCma3Q1E_5MczVI4cMeBR2NXIOrUO54A174wWuo1R7zah46Qbuhco0f4i3VGBJvMSY2EF4Lh7YpK7wrqop5aUYqXbkUj5SX41xzQB8tcasfIEC8R9jzoeuC9fTOdS-M9Zvv2b1ETzaA1W1t6jQJ8lDIKQDyyINGhUce9tMU3bC03sRo8XmLCtMEVNmRVLSvqQTjPPYOvu3RG5bwmur3vuYM3ynT3i2zaaYJqqdH1vVt-A1inFmxukrQHmUaJINfn41YBHPMvGy8G6cL_psCYGpHvUYgrQHyaIQMPYtrcwA=w1323-h992-no
I don't know if an update is planned any time soon, but I do know that @Weron323 and I are working on updating the physics. I'll probably do some tire stuff and maybe aero stuff later, but suspension wise I want to only give direction if possible. There's enough data to make it sensible. The rear is a multilink so I might need to touch it a bit more, but I'm sure he can manage it in the end.

Like I said years ago: a lot of stuff is wrong and needs work. The time for that has come. :thumbsup:

Im working on it but hey ... Day cycle is too short to make everything I want . I hope for the update sometime around 2 to 3 weeks or so .. then comes rework of 130RS ...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.