Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

Cars Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I really do appreciate your attention to detail, and because I use VR, I REALLY appreciate the detail work. I think I've only seen this detail on the cage in one or two other mods. I can get a little obsessed with it, but the tiny details take everything to a higher caliber... as long as the time investment is reasonable, and it doesn't impact "in-game" performance.

I know of another modder that spends a lot of time working on every detail of his cars. He's produced a Porsche, and Corvette and Viper packs, and I know he spent months refining every "virtual inch" of the car models, materials, and shaders before he released them (and people still spread misinformation about him--that he just "rips" and "copies and pastes" to create his mods when it's obvious he didn't). When I "get into" them in VR and look around, it makes driving his cars an even higher level of experience over almost any other content for AC.

• Deleted member 955978

I understand the need for realism, but how much of this is exactly seen when your driving the car?
I drove the wheels off the iRacing version, and I think this one already has more detail. OK on a higher end PC maybe you might notice a little, but as far as I'm concerned were basically talking about window dressing at this point.
Daniel you nailed this car from the start, the handling is very, very good, for that matter lets just call it excellent. The little details are getting better and better, but do we really need them? I just wonder at what point do you stop and say its very good as-is..
Don't get me wrong I love detail as well, but how much is enough ?
Agreed, it’s almost perfect to me now. But that little change in sequential shifting would be the icing on the cake.
So please don't demotivate him.
:)

PS: If you talk about welding details your right.

I understand the need for realism, but how much of this is exactly seen when your driving the car?
I drove the wheels off the iRacing version, and I think this one already has more detail. OK on a higher end PC maybe you might notice a little, but as far as I'm concerned were basically talking about window dressing at this point.
Daniel you nailed this car from the start, the handling is very, very good, for that matter lets just call it excellent. The little details are getting better and better, but do we really need them? I just wonder at what point do you stop and say its very good as-is..
Don't get me wrong I love detail as well, but how much is enough ?
oh dont worry, the performance will not be affected. It will not be above de 150.000 triangles so, still very easy for any pc to run. Details are as important as salt in food. You can already use the car but if I can make some improvements and it will not hurt nobody... why not?. As I said are minor tweaks that will not affect performance, so don't worry buddy :)

Was the left-hand mirror ever fixed? Just drove the standard Skippy and this mirror is flipped (in VR).
The LH mirror on the F2000 version seems OK, but maybe I fixed that one myself? It's been a while since I drove her.

Well, Daniel didn't work on the physics, it was me. Just to get that straight, as even the media publications leave my name out and then half the people I talk to discredit me.

About physics, nothing is planned right now as I'm not 100% sure what I'd change for the better (Read: Car is largely fine as-is) but if you want to drop the data folder of those cars to me via a Discord PM or something, I can take a look at them and see if the shifting behaviour can be done. I'm pretty sure it's done in a way that I already tried which didn't work well on this car, but it's worth a shot.

Very helpful reply, good Sir
:rolleyes:
What exactly is your problem? I remember reading a few comments from people (in this very thread, probably) that they preferred the original physics, so I possibly wasn't in any rush pending further feedback. I then probably forgot about the update. I genuinely cannot remember the exact circumstances.
Does that really deserve sarcasm and rolly eyes? Or do you just like trying to wind people up?

I have to say then Kyuubeey you should get credit for that handling, because its really good. As I said before I like a lot of others had tons of hours on the iRacing Skippy and this one is pretty much exactly the same as that.
I only wish I could have driven the real car to see If their the same. One of the main reasons I stuck with iRacing so long was all the great races I had in that car.
Needless to say I now spend lots of hours driving both versions of this one as well.
there is a tiny difference between the two, but I couldn't tell you what it is, but its there.
Great job on the handling and physics!

Come on guys, we are on the same side... the "we love skippy,Ac and mods" side. I will just say that Kyuubeey worked hours, and hours, actually a lot of days all for free!, just to give something to the people, not asking for anything back... and did an amazing Job! Yes there was a change between the versions, but you would be surprised about how tiny those changes were. And it was all about improving, not annoying people. Just give it a try, adaptation isone of the beautiful things about simracing, and dont discuss, we are a nice community here ;) Im sure you will love the new skippy and enjoy Kyuubeey's amazing job :) just give it a try open minded.

Daniel Jimenez updated Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa with a new update entry:

Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa V1.3

06.08.2019 Version 1.3

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
ERASE YOUR OLD SKIP BARBER FOLDER.
Do not merge new and old folder to avoid possible issues.

Changelog
• Visual Changes only
View attachment 318957
View attachment 318958
View attachment 318959
View attachment 318960
View attachment 318961
View attachment 318962

- Changed tyre 3D model and textures
- Changed Cage 3D model and textures
- Added welding effect
- Changed exhaust model
- Changed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Every time I drive this, I wish we also had these other two cars for AC as well, especially if someone created it that obviously knows what they're doing. ;-)
The races are actually entertaining to watch.
Spec Racer Ford
https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/scca/videos/002/029/856/transcoded.mp4?1523043585
Formula Vee
https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/scca/videos/002/029/772/transcoded.mp4?1523043562
vRzOr17ncKn.png

Edit

Every time I drive this, I wish we also had these other two cars for AC as well, especially if someone created it that obviously knows what they're doing. ;-)
The races are actually entertaining to watch.

Spec Racer Ford
https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/scca/videos/002/029/856/transcoded.mp4?1523043585
Formula Vee
https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/scca/videos/002/029/772/transcoded.mp4?1523043562
vRzOr17ncKn.png

Edit
Hey, actually am already working on spec racer Ford, Will be released soon.

After I drive the updated version, when I try to get the F5 camera, my game immadiately jumps to my desktop. And I can't see the game again. But I can still click stuff in the game. Anyone have a similar problem?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.